TLIAW: For Want Of A Paragraph

Hahaha brilliant! Like Roem said you got This Week spot on and the Hodges cameo was also great. I must admit however that I was hoping you'd get him saying something very positive about Ed. :D

I think you've got Diane Abbott's voice spot on, right down to the strange way of constantly using somebody's name in that 'talking to nine year olds' way. Andrew Neil is very good as well, but Michael Portillo feels a bit less convincing--is he really that sarcastic?

I think you've got Diane Abbott's voice spot on, right down to the strange way of constantly using somebody's name in that 'talking to nine year olds' way. Andrew Neil is very good as well, but Michael Portillo feels a bit less convincing--is he really that sarcastic?

I love that I'm getting feedback on AH.com about This Week impersonations. :D

Michael has weeks where his distaste for Labour really shines through. There's an air of mischief in this episode of This Week, more so than usual, but he may be being a little extra-snarky for storytelling reasons. I did initially give one of his snarks to Neil, actually - but I think I moved it as Portillo wasn't saying enough.

Waiting with watchful eyes.
Yup, keeping an eye on this one as well.
Intriguing. I shall be watching this

Conservative-demon-eyes-c-001.jpg

with demon eyes. :)

I love that I'm getting feedback on AH.com about This Week impersonations. :D

Michael has weeks where his distaste for Labour really shines through. There's an air of mischief in this episode of This Week, more so than usual, but he may be being a little extra-snarky for storytelling reasons. I did initially give one of his snarks to Neil, actually - but I think I moved it as Portillo wasn't saying enough.

When you think about it, where else could you get them?

Fair enough, as I say, I think you've got the Diane Abbott waffle down to a tee!

I definitely agree with the consensus saying you got the This Week voice exactly right. As with others, I could hear the voices in my head perfectly, Abbott especially but I would say Portillo and Neill too.

Thande

Donor
I'm not sure if that sounds like a terrible program or a great one.

There's clips on Youtube if you want to see just how accurate Meadow got it, which is very.

I echo the comment he made in response to Portillo as well--I recall my dad mentioning how he'd noticed the latter's strange partisan mood swings over sometimes being very reasonable and sometimes (especially in the immediate aftermath of 2010) going full on-message sarky anti-Labour partisan. Perhaps they send him on all those train journeys to cool him down when he gets too into it.

And of course I would be remiss if I did not ask Meadow that, given Mr Portillo's comments about Mr Miliband's age, if we could not be provided with photographic evidence that the presenter of This Week is well acquainted with bridging the age divide.

I'd like to echo the comments about the veracity of your depiction of This Week. I found myself wanting to change the channel, and I wasn't even watching TV.

Thanks for all the comments, guys. I'm going to keep doing an update a day for now, but may have more productive days than others.

For the record, I despise This Week. I find it unwatchable, and the fact it could be so much better makes me very unhappy indeed. A jokey, Westminster Village look at politics? It could be great fun. Unmissable TV for people like me, even. But...

andrew-neil.jpg

The Abbott is very good, but it's difficult without video to show the mini-eye rolls and little shrugs and huffs which make the echt Abbott. I liked the Dan Hodges cameo as well, but I have a hard spot for him.

Anyway, very good, I await developments. Cammo must be licking his lips with pleasure.

For the record, I despise This Week. I find it unwatchable, and the fact it could be so much better makes me very unhappy indeed. A jokey, Westminster Village look at politics? It could be great fun. Unmissable TV for people like me, even. But...

I was meaning to post that picture in response to some quote from the update, but could find nothing quite appropriate.

Thande

Donor
Thanks for all the comments, guys. I'm going to keep doing an update a day for now, but may have more productive days than others.

Thank you :D

I was meaning to post that picture in response to some quote from the update, but could find nothing quite appropriate.
It's a skill one learns from reading many Private Eye letters pages over the years.

Ah, I'm guessing you're more a Family Guy then.