Timeless

I would like to see subtle changes to background stuff in the timeline, such as one time they come back, Mason Industries is now know as The Mason Corporation... minor changes in corporate logos, team logos. People with the same name but played by different actors and such... just to see if Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus would notice (and the audience too).
There is one subtle change, IIRC - Mason Industries is apparently now Mason Aviation.

As much as I enjoy the program, as well as Frequency on the CW, certain things bother me. It is pretty clear in the first episode, that changing the history of the Hindenburg will have an effect on history with all those who died, now living. However, they've implied that other events did not have a major impact. I would disagree because of the ripples likely caused by the actions of both sides. Two episodes in particular stand out.

The assassination of Lincoln planted seeds in the minds of many that the CSA played a role in the plot. In some way it could be argued that rounding up all the conspirators might dispel that belief. However, now you have a history in which a mysterious killer slays the President, escapes, and is never found. This might have the effect of the Union being more harsh towards the South after the war, with people thinking even more strongly the CSA had a deeper role in the plot and the assassin was a Confederate agent.

In the Alamo story, Santa Anna shows no mercy to those in the Alamo and announces he will kill everyone, women and children included. Despite the escape of the women and children, thanks to the time travelers, I think this might inspire Texans to be more brutal towards Mexico and less likely to take survivors at the Battle of San Jacinto.

I've always leaned somewhat to the theory that literally traveling in time alters time to some effect.

Yesterday's episode was pretty good. Of course the Lucy and Wyatt romance is starting to blossom, and OF COURSE Henry Ford was part of Rittenhouse.

Fall finale (why do these exist?) is next week, so I expect big revelations about Rittenhouse, possible confirmation of them being able to break the "can't go to a time you exist" limit, and Lucy and Wyatt officially being together.

As much as I enjoy the program, as well as Frequency on the CW, certain things bother me. It is pretty clear in the first episode, that changing the history of the Hindenburg will have an effect on history with all those who died, now living. However, they've implied that other events did not have a major impact. I would disagree because of the ripples likely caused by the actions of both sides. Two episodes in particular stand out.

The assassination of Lincoln planted seeds in the minds of many that the CSA played a role in the plot. In some way it could be argued that rounding up all the conspirators might dispel that belief. However, now you have a history in which a mysterious killer slays the President, escapes, and is never found. This might have the effect of the Union being more harsh towards the South after the war, with people thinking even more strongly the CSA had a deeper role in the plot and the assassin was a Confederate agent.

In the Alamo story, Santa Anna shows no mercy to those in the Alamo and announces he will kill everyone, women and children included. Despite the escape of the women and children, thanks to the time travelers, I think this might inspire Texans to be more brutal towards Mexico and less likely to take survivors at the Battle of San Jacinto.

I've always leaned somewhat to the theory that literally traveling in time alters time to some effect.
The thing is they capture Booth, who presumably sings about how he arranged a conspiracy like OTL.

Well that a really good fall finale.....though one can wonder what will be the state of the timeline, where a whole bunch of people (Augstin Roe, Cornwallis and Bennedict Arnold) got killed early

Yeah. That was a good ending. Also David Rittenhouse himself dies early, so he won't be the first director of the US Mint.

Damn it how did I miss that guy! (I sorta assumed he was fictional)

So yeah when they come back the British empire might run North America

Damn it how did I miss that guy! (I sorta assumed he was fictional)

So yeah when they come back the British empire might run North America
I found him after a previous episode when they mentioned when it was founded because I was curious where the writers got the name from and googled it. He's even a clockmaker in OTL! I didn't think they would actually make him a character and just plucked his name to use, but apparently I gave the writers too little credit. It also makes sense that a more obscure person would be the founder and leader of the conspiracy, because there would be less suspicion.

Overall I enjoy the show despite it being flawed.

Curious to see where they take it- seems to be along the lines of agreeing with Flynn's goal but not his methods.

Saw the first new episode for season 2.

The time period is set in the Chicago World's Columbia Exposition is where Flynn was planning to assasinate the three major figures of Rittenhouse who are meeting there: Thomas Edison, JP Morgan and Henry Ford (which confirms his affiliation since the Bonny & Clyde episode). To achieve this he use Lucy as a hostage to force Harry Houdini, a rising magician and escape artist, to lock pick into a very secure meeting place for the Rittenhouse members and then planting a bomb there.

To ensure Lucy's cooperation and hindering Wyatt and Rufus, Flynn paid H.H. Holmes, one of the world's first serial killers in America, to trap the latter along with two other victims inside his hotel. Specifically in a soundproof room with limited oxygen.

Fortunately, Harry Houdini saves the day. Thanks to Lucy giving advice to Harry to do his Cutpurse idea; in which Harry pickpocket Flynn's handgun and even handcuffed him to a safe just as the Rittenhouse conspirators arrived too early. (But Flynn gets away after killing two unwitting Pinkerton agents) And both Harry and Lucy saved the hostages from the murderer after one of the hostages, a architect, helped make a hole in the wall and yelling for help.

But the twist:

Turns out the fourth hostage is HH Holmes, who trapped himself just to watch his victims losing hope. Holmes captures Lucy and plans on killing her in a furnance and himself as he realized his murder spree is over. But Lucy mind-screw him by telling him everything she knew about him from his real name, his shity childhood to his abandonment of his first wife and child, and all the women he married and murdered.

This allow enough time for Wyatt and Rufus to save Lucy and holding Holmes at gun point. Holmes makes one last defiance by calling out Wyatt being no different from him for having crappy marriages and ultimately gets gunned down when he makes a move.

All is well as Lucy is back on the team. Rufus makes a defiant message to the boss of Rittenhouse that he will not be use as their pawn.

But Wyatt gets a unexpected phone call from Flynn, who wants to return back a favor after what happened in the last episode with John Rittenhouse and Benedict Arnold. This is revealing the identity of the murderer of Wyatt's wife. He also suggest Wyatt of preventing his wife's death is not killing the murderer in the past, but instead killing the murderers' parents and thus preventing his birth.

Last edited:
The writing got even better than the first half of the season.
I'm still curious about what's so bad about Rittenhouse, because we're just told they're bad and not shown much besides some threats

I'm still curious about what's so bad about Rittenhouse, because we're just told they're bad and not shown much besides some threats
So far the organization is suppose to be the true government of the USA and Richard Nixon was scared shitless of them, and are willing to kill anyone who threaten to expose their existence like what they did to Flynn's family. Undoubtedly in the future they might show them how bad they are, maybe they could be responsible for JFK's death. I don't trust them having Henry Ford, an antisemite and being buddies with Hitler.

Last edited:
Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, and J. P. Morgan were members. It's your standard "insert shadow government of America here" conspiracy. Props to the writing team though for having a really obscure Revolution era figure be the founder though.

I don't trust them having Henry Ford, an antisemite and being buddies with Hitler.

Could you just imagine thinking the jews secretely run the world while being part of a shadowly cabal that secretely run thing behind the scene

I really like the episode (Yay Houdini), but I'm annoyed by the lack of changes in the timeline feel like a miss opportunity

Could you just imagine thinking the jews secretely run the world while being part of a shadowly cabal that secretely run thing behind the scene

I really like the episode (Yay Houdini), but I'm annoyed by the lack of changes in the timeline feel like a miss opportunity

That is a perfect hypocrisy if the show starts nudging at Ford's "Jewish International" or a Ford centered episode if it comes to that.

There should be something worth noting like that architect woman along with Houdini. Personally I had second thoughts that there would be a twist with the architect and her blueprints might serve something important or relating to Rittenhouse.

I'm annoyed by the lack of changes in the timeline feel like a miss opportunity
I wish they'd do like Sliders' first seasons where they'd show the characters finding out how history is different and show a bit of the culture of the alternate earth, enough to get you invested, but not so much it would take away from the plot.