The Writer's Notebook: Harry Turtledove

Leo Caesius

Banned
As acquired by those devious goons at SomethingAwful!

elpintogrande~harryturtledovenotebook1.gif

elpintogrande~harryturtledovenotebook2.gif

Thande

Donor
Very funny, but the only bits that actually ring true for Turtledove are the sex scene bits and the reference to the 'Mark One Eyeball' (which I homaged in Moonstruck with the future people referring to their 'Mark Three Eyeball', btw).

Most of the ISOT bits would fit better applied to this website than Turtledove, apart maybe from Julius Caesar has an AK47.

And no Byzantine references?!

"Genghis Khan has sex with a spider on a blimp" is rather amusing, though, even though it's a bit of a worrying mental picture as we all associate Rommy with Genghis and TheLoneAmigo with spiders (don't we?!)

Thande

Donor
Someone ought to do one for Stirling - though it might not be fair because he is actually a member here...

What a strange coincidence - my wife always refers to this board as "that What If Hitler Had Been a Girl stuff". Her own invention, AFAIK.

So . . . what if Hitler had been a girl?

Thande

Donor
Akiyama said:
What a strange coincidence - my wife always refers to this board as "that What If Hitler Had Been a Girl stuff". Her own invention, AFAIK.

So . . . what if Hitler had been a girl?
Poland is violently redecorated? ;)

I suppose he might become a radical feminist...

Thande said:
I suppose he might become a radical feminist...

Actually that's not a bad idea!

In OTL Hitler's father was very abusive towards his mother, and Hitler hated him for it, perhaps Miss Hitler (does anyone know what the Hitlers were planning to call their child if it were a girl?) would vow to put an end to the Patriachy rather than the Zionist Conspiracy . . . once the National German Womens Party has achieved power things could get out of hand . . . the AA (Amazon Army) . . . concentration camps . . . forcible castration . . .

Torqumada said:
Funny stuff.

I think the Jackie O dies instead of JFK has some potential.

Torqumada

In one episode of Quantum Leap, Sam goes back to the JFK assassination and has to keep re-doing it, and at the very, very end--I don't quite remember, but Al (Dean Stockwell) says something to the effect that in one alternative, Jackie instead of JFK was shot.

Has anybody compiled a list of all the AHs from Quantum Leap?

sunsurf said:
In one episode of Quantum Leap, Sam goes back to the JFK assassination and has to keep re-doing it, and at the very, very end--I don't quite remember, but Al (Dean Stockwell) says something to the effect that in one alternative, Jackie instead of JFK was shot.

Has anybody compiled a list of all the AHs from Quantum Leap?

Actually, the line was to the effect that they had lost both JFK and Jackie. It was his job to save them both. That was an interesting episode, as Sam couldn't stop himself from acting like Oswald.

Torqumada

Akiyama said:
Actually that's not a bad idea!

In OTL Hitler's father was very abusive towards his mother, and Hitler hated him for it, perhaps Miss Hitler (does anyone know what the Hitlers were planning to call their child if it were a girl?) would vow to put an end to the Patriachy rather than the Zionist Conspiracy . . . once the National German Womens Party has achieved power things could get out of hand . . . the AA (Amazon Army) . . . concentration camps . . . forcible castration . . .

Okay, how long before that appears in AH.Com: The Series?

Along with Mafiatopia and Lesbian Aliens Invading Lesbos.

Mind you I really like the Titanic as a submarine with a nuclear bomb onboard in 1949. With a time travelling Jack Baur and Ian Fleming!

The what if Hitler had a twin thing could have some legs too.