The Sun Will Rise: Mary I of England has a Son

VV which Gandhara are you referring to here? How come there is an independent Kingdom there? And anyway Kandahar is a province of the Empire, so how come there is a princess from there?

VVD0D95

Banned
VV which Gandhara are you referring to here? How come there is an independent Kingdom there? And anyway Kandahar is a province of the Empire, so how come there is a princess from there?
Ancient title, kingdom doesn't exist but the title does. Her father was created as such as a reward for bravery

VVD0D95

Banned

King Sebastien, having taken Tangier decides that the time has come to move further south. Declaring Tangier, a Portuguese colony, he appoints his second son Don Pedro as governor and moves south. The town of Asilah falls to the Portuguese forces within a month, prompting the competing claimants in the Moroccan civil war to look towards reaching a settlement with him. King Carlos of Spain meanwhile moves from Tétouan to Chechaouene, taking the city after a bloody siege and sack. From there he moves toward Al Hoceima. A bloody battle follows which Carlos emerges from victorious, the city soon falls to his might. The year ends with the Spanish and Portuguese in strong positions.

In Adrianople, the Council finally resumes meeting. This time, determined to reach some sort of settlement, due to the impending elections which might be coming up on both sides. Cyril Patriarch of Constantinople and Pope Paul spend most of the early months of the year hammering out an agreement. When they are finally done, the settlement that they have reached is one that is somewhat agreeable to both sides. The terms of the Council of Adrianople are as follows:

1. All saints that were only canonized by one side needs to be recognized by both Churches. Ex: Saint Thomas Aquinas would become a Saint in the Orthodox Church and Saint Daniel of Moscow becomes a Catholic Saint.

2. The Pope is the leader of both the Catholic and Orthodox Church but there are certain matters of the Orthodox Church that the Pope cannot interfere in. Members of the Orthodox rite can become elected to the Papacy and the Patriarchs gain a seat in the College of Cardinals.

3. Sacraments administered by both Churches need to accept performing them on members of the other faith. A Catholic can be married, receive communion, or confession by an Orthodox priest and Vice-Versa.

4. Priests of the Orthodox Church may be permitted to be married but a married priest cannot become a Bishop. All priests must have been married before being ordained and cannot become married after.

5. Bibles that are used in the Orthodox Church are permitted to be printed in their respective language but must have the same text as the Latin Bible in order to prevent misinterpretation.

6. All Orthodox Missions and Holy Orders are to be integrated under the Vatican and as such must receive the same amount of support as the Latin Missions for their respective objectives.

7. The Patriarch may still be chosen by the ruler of their region but the successor must be approved by the Pope first.

8. All Holy artefacts and locations must allow admittance to both Catholics and Orthodox. The Holy Land shall be jointly run by members of both Churches in regards to the holy sites in and around Jerusalem.

The Terms are accepted by both sides and approved in the Reichstag as well as by the Byzantine Emperor. A successful council.

In the New World, Sir Walter Raleigh continues his exploration. Discovering tribes people who offer him fair trade in wool and pellets, with the King’s permission, he begins setting up a towns across the coast. Philipstown in Maryland soon develops into a proper town as more and more people from England take the journey there, determined to make a new life for themselves. Whilst in Virginia, an outbreak of plague kills most of the settlers, forcing the remaining people to flee, either dying in the woods or spreading it to the natives. Something that Sir Walter, will call a ‘Great Tragedy, but necessary.’ Much later on.

In China, the Lhu Emperor, aged ailing, finally names an heir. His son the Prince of Shanghai is designated as his successor, and the emperor finally decides to not invade Japan, instead focusing on reforming the judiciary and taxation process. This leads to some opposition from war lords, which forces the Emperor’s new successor to come out and fight, crippling those who would rebel against his father. However, the Prince soon dies, from a stomach upset, and the Emperor, having fallen into grief retreats from public affairs, leaving administration in the hands of the court of eunuchs, who set to work undermining his reforms and setting the Ming to fighting amongst themselves.

Interesting to see Spain and Portugal begin their African advances earlier. When the 19th Century comes they'll definitely have a huge advantage over the other European powers.

Good for both Churches in coming to an agreement in the Council of Adrianople. Now four centuries of potential religious conflict will be eliminated and maybe the issue of Protestantism will be solved later this century. There will still be nationalist conflict but for now with the Hapsburg's ruling most of Europe, I think it's safe to say that the continent is in a time of peace.

So is the Ming Dynasty going to lose the Mandate of Heaven?

Here are my suggestions for English Colonies TTL:

1. New England
  2. New Lancashire
  3. New Wales
  4. Columbia
  5. Philippines
  6. New Cornwall
  7. Cheroland (Cherokee)

VVD0D95

Banned
Oh I wouldn't say that they're going to lose the mandate it'll take some time though.

And interesting why those names?

Oh I wouldn't say that they're going to lose the mandate it'll take some time though.

And interesting why those names?

Just some alternate names to take place since half of the colonies will get different names due to the differences. The biggest changes are Georgia (King George OTL), South and North Carolina (OTL King Charles I), Pennsylvania (William Penn OTL), and New Jersey (Named after Isle of Jersey due to Charles being granted exile in English Civil War). Philippines is named after Phillip and Columbia after Christopher Columbus. Most are based off of English cities while Cheroland is for the Cherokee tribe since I think England might have better relations TTL. Also another name could be New Normandy.

Oh and why is that if I might ask?

If only because it would be less anachronistic. I've noticed in a few timelines recently the world outside the general area of focus has been left alone to develop as OTL, but this is impossible. Things are changing in Europe all over the place as a result of your POD; in turn, things will change across the Atlantic.

VVD0D95

Banned
If only because it would be less anachronistic. I've noticed in a few timelines recently the world outside the general area of focus has been left alone to develop as OTL, but this is impossible. Things are changing in Europe all over the place as a result of your POD; in turn, things will change across the Atlantic.
Very true and with a Habsburg ruling in the Netherlands more room for cooperation as well

Very true and with a Habsburg ruling in the Netherlands more room for cooperation as well

It doesn't necessarily have to be the Dutch of course, but that's the first thing that came to mind. Maybe have a look at New Sweden, too; that could be a fascinating tidbit if you can get it to realistically work, but it would require some changes to Swedish history too.

VVD0D95

Banned
It doesn't necessarily have to be the Dutch of course, but that's the first thing that came to mind. Maybe have a look at New Sweden, too; that could be a fascinating tidbit if you can get it to realistically work, but it would require some changes to Swedish history too.
That does remind me with Eric xivs line in the throne of Sweden that country's entire history will be changed

That does remind me with Eric xivs line in the throne of Sweden that country's entire history will be changed

Well, the first settlement, Fort Christiana, was established in 1638, and it was lost to the Dutch at the beginning of the Second Northern War. Even if you can't have the colony survive (although it was quite prosperous during its short tenure) it would have some interesting effects if it lasted longer and expanded.