The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

More problems:

1) There's a great inconsistency about territorial claims- some are shown and some aren't. Syria's claim to the Golan Heights, Ukraine's claim to Crimea, Venezuela's claim to western Guyana, China's claim to Arunchal Pradesh, India and Pakistan's claim lines in Kashmir, and South Sudan's claim to Abyei are all shown. On the other hand, the disputed ownership of Kafia Kingi,

That's shown as far as I can see, the colour for the Kafia Kingi border is in the Sudanese colour on the map isn't it?

Guatemala's claim to Belize,

Also shown. Guatemala claims southern Belize, look at the dark brown line running through Belize.

3) Lakshadweep is not shown in Indian colors.

4) the Andaman and Nicobar Islands are in a weird shade of pink.

I believe they are being shown as territories of India rather than states.

6) Why is ISIL shown on the map, but the Syrian rebels not shown?

He only shows states and entities which claim to be states (and they areas they control. Hence ISIL and Novorussia but not rebels in Syria and Libya (as they aren't claiming to be separate states but separate governments of recognized states).

Here's 1918:
1918.png

Found out a while back that in January 2016, the DRC's provinces reorganized into 26, And, though not entirely sure, that Saudi Arabia's provinces might have been modified in the last year or two, somewhat.

Germany_edit_edit_edit_edit.png
Patch of Germany`s borders on December 31st 1937.
There were a handful of errors (especially the eastern borders), I fixed.

View attachment 290921
Oh darn. I made my own adjustments.

I made this a while back. I wanted to fix some quite erroneous errors, IMO. For the Saargebiet I adjusted to its proper interwar borders. I have also fixed the atrociously distorted border for both pre- and post-plebiscit Schließen. The other area of adjustment is the Freirestadt Danzig. The previous territory was far too large, and had to be scalled down. Also, the Grenzmark border with Polska had to be adjusted as it was far north and west of the Netze River and the county seats of Schwerin and Meseritz of the old Prussian Posenprovinz. I had to subsequently change much of the old imperial provincial borders as well, and the Freirestaat Prueßen provincial borders too, specifically Pommern, Grenzmark, Brandenburg, and Schließen. Lastly, the southwestern border of Ostprueßen had to be adjusted so it would actually follow the Vistula River, and not pop out of the old Prussian province of Ostprueßen like it had beforehand in the original map. Disregard the last image, as this is for my TL I'm working on. The rest are OTL for the post-1921, 1924-1925, 01.01.1927, 31.12.1929, and 30.07.1930! However do keep in mind I failed to add the French occupied areas around Kehl (from 1919-1930) and Offenburg (from 1923-1924) in Baden, along the Rhine. However, @The Alternative has provided this occupational zone in his lovely 1919 map:relievedface::winkytongue:

Also do check out https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/q-bam-historical-map-thread.404984/
It's pretty grand do far.

Last edited:
The Silesian border is way too much strained.
I admit, it is very difficult to draw a near-correct border on such a small scale and I also had my problems with it. But some parts of borders should not be "over-noticed", if you know what I mean.
The rest is fairly okay, I guess.
Yeah the last indentation on the Oberscliesen on the plebiscite line can be smoothed. Thanks for the feed back. That adjustment should make the provinz less "strained." I also completed an adjustment to the northern border of the Saargebiet on some graph paper as I do not have access to a computer yet.

I am also adjusting the borders of Freistaat Anhalt, Freistaat Braunschweig, Provinz Hannover, and Provinz Sachsen as well. The original borders are from the Kaiserreich map of Germany posted in this thread awhile ago.

Last edited: