The NEW Our TimeLine Maps Thread!

Anyone have a large size map showing national borders like the one here? (I messed up my copy, as you can, see). I went to the map directory, but the only large maps I see are of Ireland..

NewBigMap.png

Anyone have a large size map showing national borders like the one here? (I messed up my copy, as you can, see). I went to the map directory, but the only large maps I see are of Ireland..
xt828's signature carries the most current copy of the QBAM, currently this. :)

Yes, I know the reply is late, but I still think it's worthwhile to remind folk.

An update to this map series posted back on page 180:

I've learned that there was a Belgian sector in Germany, at first in the British zone but then extending to parts of the American zone. It was started in April 1946 and expanded in October 1946 and again in 1952 (this time obtaining districts in the American Zone). In the meantime the Canadian Army of Occupation Force was withdrawn from Germany by June 1946 (a separate map isn't shown for June 1946, only an updated map for October 1946 with the CAOF sector removed).

In addition to the Canadians, Belgians and Luxembourgers, the Danes and the Norwegians also sent occupation forces (A Danish Occupation Force or Danish Brigade and a Norwegian Brigade) to Germany in the British Zone. I am not sure as yet though if like the Canadians, Belgian and Luxembourgers they were given operational autonomy and defined sectors under British/American/French command (French command in the instance of the Luxembourg forces, and American command for the Belgians in the American Zone)

evolution of the occupation zones in germany 1943-1952.png

I asked for the same thing yesterday in the Map Thread. :p
Here you go:

Can I have one of those beautiful Valdemarian maps of Europe of 1871, just before the Franco-Prussian War, please? And one for 1866, just before the Germano-German (Austrian) War?

Also, could one upload the Valdemarian series to the Wiki?

Figured I'd post some OTL map find here. pulled from http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/maps-cccp.htm What's interesting about this map is that the parts of Afghanistan annexed by the Soviet Union loosely corresponds to non-Pashtun regions of the country and closely follows local geography too. The parts of Iran and China annexed are more loose. The Iranian section cuts without regard for geography, nor does it follow any ethnic or linguistic lines.

IJGF7Fg.jpg

Immediate aftermath of WWI in Hungary and Romania border

The line denoting territory Germany hoped to recovered comes from this text http://books.google.com/books?id=ne3S9ibdfi8C

The authenticity I do not know. However, it is a border I find rather interesting in use of a "Weimar survives" map or timeline.

Different borders proposed/negotiated in aftermath of American War of Independence.

Do we have any good, large maps of North America and the Caribbean at the conclusion of the Seven Years' War?

Bravo, though a key might be useful for those who aren't as familiar with the distinction between Unitary Authorities and Non-Metropolitan Counties, County Boroughs, Municipal Boroughs, urban Districts and Administrative Counties as you and I are.

Bravo, though a key might be useful for those who aren't as familiar with the distinction between Unitary Authorities and Non-Metropolitan Counties, County Boroughs, Municipal Boroughs, urban Districts and Administrative Counties as you and I are.

You're probably right.

3EB-key.png

3EB-key.png