The Micronations Thread

Can anyone translate this into either Latin or Norwegian?

"Thor shall bring Fertility and Justice!"

Thanks for anyone who can :)

I can translate it into formal and old-sounding Swedish if you'd like. That's not quite Norwegian, but it'll do in a pinch.

"Tor skola bringa fruktbarhet och rättvisa."

That actually sounds pretty badass in Swedish.

EDIT: Oh, and yeah I have my own micronation. It is the Dictatorship of Charl, and I am the current dictator. I am more than willing to join the UMN. I think I shall prepare a dossier of my micronation for all to see. Just need to design a flag.

Good after-noon.

Flag_large.png

I here-by declare the World Alliance of Micronations to be a functioning organisation.

Instructions for member-ship are on that web-site.

[GENERAL: Profile // Gallery // Copyright]
[WEEKLY FLAG CHALLENGE: New Challenges & Previous Winners // Discussion & Entries]
[FLAG PROPOSALS: New Zealand // Australia // Miscellaneous ]

Latin: Sententia vadum addo ubertas quod justicia

Norwegian: Skjønt skal bringe fruktbar og rettsvesen

I may be wrong. My latin is a bit rusty, and the Norwegian I just got from an online translator, and you know how weird they can be sometimes.

My Norwegian is admittedly not the world's best but that looks way off.

I made a flag of my own. It's packed with symbolism. The red is blood with an elevated alcohol level, the green is for the leaves of the hemp plant, which is of significant importance for the nation. The Nordic cross is there to reflect our Nordic origins. The black represents the Internet and its void-like qualities and the blue is the same hue used on the Swedish flag for our undeniable ties with that country and its people. The C is for charl, the great and undisputed dictator of all the lands.

EDIT: changed to png format.

charlflag.png

I can translate it into formal and old-sounding Swedish if you'd like. That's not quite Norwegian, but it'll do in a pinch.

"Tor skola bringa fruktbarhet och rättvisa."

That actually sounds pretty badass in Swedish.

Thank you :) That does sound pretty good actually.

@TLSFD: Thanks for the translations :) But I think I'll be using the Swedish translation, thanks anyway :)

Well, Beerhaven's membership is undergoing review by Parliament.
In the meantime here is the flag based on the design of our Chief Herald of Arms Benkarnell.

beerhaven.gif

Can anyone translate this into either Latin or Norwegian?

"Thor shall bring Fertility and Justice!"

Thanks for anyone who can :)

In Latin approx:

Fertilitas et Iustitia Thor attulero!
or
Thor attulero Fertilitas et Iustitia
(depending on where you want the emphasis)

Attulero is the future perfect active of affero which means to bring forth; so attulero means (he) shall bring forth.

The Dictatorship of charl
Area: 19 m^2
Population: 1
Population density: 2700 per km^2 :)p)
Language: Swedish and English, though a unique Charlian language is set to be constructed some time in the future.
Government type: Dictatorship (and damn proud of it!)
National holiday: Every day
Chief of state: charl
National motto: Happiness is mandatory

Hurry! Before you have to pee out of the window! I propose to annex the refrigirator as well :D

It is not needed. For me and the citizens of the United Kingdom (my parents) have a secret and pirate operation going in which if I do slave labour for them (clean car, wash dishes etc.) then I'm paid money and also am allowed their conveniences. Though I hope to annex a part of the garden soon...

The Empire of Minarchitopia will soon be expanding! My friends are all declaring themselves to be independent and pledging their loyalty to The Emperor! Also, I'm trying to get my parents to let me annex the rest of the house.

I don't currently have a micronation, though I do hold dual citizenship in Beerhaven and the USA. (@TheProfessor - when my brother, a professional graphic artist, saw Beerhaven's arms, he said, "I hope somebody paid you for that." To which I answered, "Oh yes, I got an honorary citizenship in this country of his. :D)

Back in my days as a high school actor, I did rule a nation called, if memory serves, the "Microrepublic Slash Dictatorship of Ben", which formed in response to my friend Adam's annexation of an adjacent dressing room. The advantage of my micronation was that it was actually a closet barely big enough for one, so I didn't have the territorial disputes that plagued the Republic (or Kingdom, or whateveritwas) of Adam. The small size also made the MSDB ideal, when I had a steady girlfriend, for the sorts of activities done by teenagers rich in hormones but possessing neither prudence nor foresight.

I've got a fictional country with a website, but it's not really a micronation because I'm not its ruler or a citizen. It's part of the Ill Bethisad project: http://sites.google.com/site/ibhenua/

Along the same lines, I'm also a fan of a non-micronation called Fyksland and may as well post it to this thread: http://www.vaijska.net/en/index.php