The Forbidden Mammal Photographic Evidence Album

I think it was discussed on here before, but Nazi policy on blacks was largely one of neglect. Blacks lived under the Reich, and only tended to end up in camps if they were unlucky. There simply wasn't enough of them to pose a threat. It is feasible that blacks in Nazi Britain would similarly be ignored as long as they stay suitably downtrodden. Nazi racial policy was hardly what you would call consistent.

I think they might end up in a similar position to the Slavs, though that depends on how much of Africa is loyal to the Facist government.

Since the collaborationist british government continued to wave the Union Jack as a national flag, several of the ex-Commonwealth nations decided to remove it from their own banner.

Australian Republic Flag, 1944

AussieFlag.jpg

Last edited:
And here we can see the national flag of Australia flown outside the parliament of New South Wales (at the time of photography yet to adopt a flag without the Union Jack):

NSW_Parliament_Building,_Macquarie_Street,_Sydney.JPG

Well, at least the north-eastern part, it is pretty obvious

The Sovereign Republic of Quebec formally seceded from Canada in April 1943, but it choose to remain inside the Commonwealth.

quebec.jpg

Immediately following Britain's surrender, Canada merely used the red ensign with the Union Jack removed:

nonnazicanada1.png

The Canadian parliament rushed to replace this, however, as it was felt that a red banner "suggested that Canadians had rejected the rule of the fascist in order to embrace the Bolshevik." Ephrem Cote produced an altered version of his 1939 flag proposal, removing the British Union Jack and the French fleurs-de-lis, and simplifying the maple leaf:

nonnazicanada.png

Newfoundland and Labrador meanwhile changed to using the Newfoundland tricolour, an exciting green, white and pink flag:

nl%20tricolor.jpg

Unlike they're more liberal counterparts, South Africa was more than happy to keep on reporting to London after the German victory. It is thank to the the help of Paetoria that British control was maintained over South and East Africa.

Flag-of-Afrikaner-AWB-21.png

The modified South African flag.

Except it didn't exist then (for another 20ish years). It's not unreasonable that Lester Pearson or someone else might have designed a similar flag (Canada's current flag was inspired by the flag of the Royal Military College of Canada), but I've used flags which actually existed to be used in 1941/2, or slight adaptations of them.

Except it didn't exist then (for another 20ish years). It's not unreasonable that Lester Pearson or someone else might have designed a similar flag (Canada's current flag was inspired by the flag of the Royal Military College of Canada), but I've used flags which actually existed to be used in 1941/2, or slight adaptations of them.

Oops, I saw it on another thread about Canadian flags.

Ignore that post.

Aerial photo from the "Bahamian Missile Crisis" of 1955. Germany ultimately was pressured into removing its missiles from the British-controlled Bahamas.

BAHAMIAN MISSILES.png

... and war flag.

The country is small enough that the amount of confusion was minimal, of course.

By the way, I'm sorry this one's so blurry. The camera I took with me to the war museum in St. Johns kind of sucked.

NF war flag.png

The German Provisional Occupation Authority of Great Britain [Großbritannien ProvisorischeBesatzungsbehörde] decided to use the layout of English newapspers to print the leaflets inciting the british soldiers defending the Glasgow-Edinburgh line to surrender.
Many newspaper were forced to comply, and the psychological impact was great.

Leaflet inciting british troop to surrender, 24 June 1941

achtung-germany-england.jpg

Last edited: