The Duke and Duchess of Windsor have children

To me the most interesting development would be if the two children turn out to be prim, proper and successful; unlike Charles and Andrew. I doubt if anything changes re succession but it would put more pressure on teh institution of the monarchy.

Not sure what you are suggesting? Hopefully not a marriage! :eek:

I don't think a child of Albert or Alice Windsor is going to be any more important or high profile than Viscount Linley or Sarah Chatto is now, which is very, very minor.

I wasn't suggesting a marriage or anything - just more along the lines of would there be a closer relationship between the two 'sides' of the fence ...

I think that you are probably correct in that unless there was some kind of media circus surrounding Albert or Alice ...

h if you want to stir things up how about Lady Alice Windsor marrying into the Kennedys or some sucnh ...

It is a recomendation based on readings into modifications to other titles that George V did earlier. The Monarch is the fount of all titles and George VI apparently created the title in 1937. That any children of Edward and Wallis would receive a title would be dependent upon their uncle, George VI.

Very true, but I still think it would have been needlessly punitive.

Very true, but I still think it would have been needlessly punitive.

Things were pretty harsh for the children of Archduke Franz-Ferdinand. I would consider dropping any 21st century concepts of 'needlessly punitive' when considering issues of the past.

Its not like they will be chucked out on the street and end up living in destitute situations. There are serious, and long term, repercussions for such acts as abdication and it isn't an act to take lightly.