The Course of Human Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize this may come close to a necro, but I have something quite important to ask:

What might be the status of drugs in Albion ITTL? I imagine traditional Southern agricultural interests have taken a bigger hit from the earlier banning of slavery, and so, mainly thanks to this Big Tobacco might not have remained as influential as it was IOTL, I would guess. Maybe it could have helped make it harder for drugs such as marijuana to be banned on a national level? And does something like Prohibition ever come about for alcohol, or any other drug? It would be interesting to see if you ever consider it.

And another thing I've wondered about, too, is how the auto industry develops. Is there a Henry Ford analogue, or is the industry perhaps more like that of OTL's Britain, where several major companies did dominate but there was more of an even distribution of market share, as compared to OTL's America, in which only three carmakers received about 90% of sales overall by the 1960s?
what is it with you and drug policy?

what is it with you and drug policy?

Well, given that it IS quite an important issue IOTL, I didn't think it would hurt to ask questions about it(not to mention I've been doing a fair bit of research on it for a few timelines of mine, including that new Mexiwank TL of mine). I mean, if LG doesn't have anything in mind, that's fine, of course, but I am interested to hear his ideas, if he has any at all.

Also, I'd like to know if LG has any ideas on race relations, too. I'd like to hope that an earlier end to slavery might help really move the timeline forward on Civil Rights for black Albionians, though there's probably gonna be other factors as well.

Really, I just think it'd be a shame if this TL were to drop off into obscurity and such, so I'd like to stimulate some discussion. Hopefully this works. :D

Well, FWIW I just recently found this TL and already subscribed to it (dead thread or not, it's not everyday I find a "Monarchist America" I can stomach, much less like :)).

Well, FWIW I just recently found this TL and already subscribed to it (dead thread or not, it's not everyday I find a "Monarchist America" I can stomach, much less like :)).

I feel the same way....truly, this is a real, genuine golden nugget in a cave full of fool's gold. :D

ctayfor

Monthly Donor
Also, I'd like to know if LG has any ideas on race relations, too. I'd like to hope that an earlier end to slavery might help really move the timeline forward on Civil Rights for black Albionians, though there's probably gonna be other factors as well.

Really, I just think it'd be a shame if this TL were to drop off into obscurity and such, so I'd like to stimulate some discussion. Hopefully this works. :D

Slavery per se ending earlier will not automatically improve the lot of black Albonians, especially in the south. After all, look at how long Jim Crow laws lasted IOTL and the truly horrifying number of lynchings as late as the 1950s.:mad::eek::mad::( Political will to make the necessary societal changes and to make and enforce the requisite laws will be what will make the real difference.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Subscribed. While I understand this TL may be dead or just on hiatus, I still wanna know what happens next. :extremelyhappy:
No posts in FOUR YEARS.

The OP hasn't logged on in over a year.

Yet to still decided to click right through the warning banner.

Ya.

Maybe this warning will be somewhat more clear.

DO NOT repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.