The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

Yeah, some of the reactions to the answers are weird. I swear, in my last playthrough as HHH (which actually went better than before - I won Illinois), when I chose the "relentlessly hammer Nixon over refusing to debate" option, my poll ratings went down.:confused:

So, the country likes the black panthers, but it doesn't like fair Debates? That's certainly something.

U.S David

Banned
George Wallace in 1976!
mwahaha.gif

What's your favorite parts of the game Gwen?

I was Mitt Romney on easy, and I was killing Obama. I was on track to win New York and Washington State. Then I fucked up on the last question, and I barely won with New Hampshire being the last and deciding state. But I somehow list the popular vote.

But I then played as Wallace in 1968 easy. I did better then he did OTL, but I couldn't deadlock the electoral collage because Nixon did much better then HHH.

What's the best you had on Wallace? I was got Tennesse and South Carolina. Anyone beat that? Is it even possible for him to win the upper south or Midwest?

I consistently get SC and TN. Maybe if I want to deadlock I have to campign in swing states to pull away from Nixon?

U.S David

Banned
Wallace, raising hell and making Nixon and Humphrey squirm.

Yeah, that is fun. The first time, I tried to a Moderate in the hope to win the swing and border states.

But there is no way Mitt Romney would win New York or the NorthWest, but I was polling to win there.

U.S David

Banned
How did that go?

I got Tennessee and South Carolina, I was polling to win North Carolina and I kept campaigning there. But I was polling well in Florida and Virginia, so spent time there. This with Thumgood as VP.

I only got Tennessee and South Carolina. I'm going to try to be as racist as possible and see what happens

John Farson

Banned
Just now got the 1968 election thrown to the House. As HHH I got 258 EVs and 43.7% of the popular vote against Nixon's 234 EVs and 43.0%.:p

Take that America, Mitt Romney is your President

Mitt Romney/Rob Portman - 50.3%, 301 EV
Barack Obama/Joe Biden - 48.8%, 237 EV

election2012.PNG

election2012.PNG

How did you get that to happen?

I picked Spiro Agnew and Impossible Difficulty as Nixon. With this, I picked the most liberal options for the questions involving the economy or foreign affairs, and then the most conservative options for the social questions. After having alienated everyone, I only campaigned in areas that were solidly Democratic.

The highest percentage Nixon got was 41%, in North Dakota. HHH won 47%.

The closest races were North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee with HHH and Wallace winning by only a few thousand votes in each. HHH beat Nixon in every state by at least 3% and most the margins were more than 10%.

The Great Commoner has Won. Every state but Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and all the North eastern states above that. Many of the mini states went to McKinley except Maryland and Delaware. (on medium difficulty).

Electoral votes
McKinley: 172
Bryan: 275
Palmer: 0