The Black Eagle: A Hohenstauffen Timeline

213px-Weltliche_Schatzkammer_Wien_%28189%292.JPG

New King of Germany

The electors felt that the Habsburgs are now weaker at this point in time due to their loss of Austria and restoring the previous dynasty would be good to the country and aside from that the Electors hated the Habsburgs due to the decay that happened in Germany, so in 1302, the German electors decided to crown Otto of Swabia in order to restore order in Germany.
Flag_of_England.svg.png

Anglo-Byzantine alliance

On June 2, 1292, Eleanor of England, Queen of Aragon gave birth to a son named Frederick, Eleanor and Constance were in contact with Manfred and John IV Laskaris and the two are thinking that a marriage between a sister of Eleanor of England and Theodoros, the son of John IV Laskaris would be a good idea, so they contacted both Edward I and John IV Laskaris for that marriage to happen.

On 1301, the Eastern Romans were looking for an alliance with the English, John IV Laskaris and Constance were able to finalize the marriage negotiations, and the nun sister of Eleanor of England, Maria of England came forward to travel from her convent to the arms of the Crown Prince of the Eastern Roman Empre, Theodoros.

Maria of England was quoted in saying

I wanted to stay being a nun rather than marry that man that I have difficulty in understanding the language!

After she said those things the retinue of Maria calmed her and told her that everything would turn out fine and the marriage would make her country have a better prestige.

the two finally met on 1302, the two were very much fond of each other but both felt strange when they first met each other, Maria of England felt strange because her future husband looked strange and Theodoros at first uneasy about the future marriage since Theodoros for a long time is single and very pious and he had no mistresses the two at first were annoyed at each other and because there is no way that the wedding could be stopped since everyone is waiting for them to be married.

Finally the two were married on October 4, 1302, the Kings of Aragon, England and the Basileus of the Eastern Roman Empire attended the wedding, the wedding improved the relations of the Eastern Roman Empire with England and also made both England and the Eastern Roman Empire allies as long as Maria of England is alive, Maria of England is very much happy because her father, Edward I is there in the wedding although she was not really happy about her marriage and prefered being a nun to marrying.

Maria of England

Thank you dad for comming to my marriage, I can't imagine marrying an Eastern Roman Prince, Theodoros, I have a hard time handling him..

Edward I

My daughter, you need to stay there, you will learn to love him once you fully know him.

Maria of England

I will try for the sake of our country and our dynasty.

Edward I

That is good I hope you will be happy.

Maria of England

Yes..

The guests of the wedding left and Maria of England is left and Maria of England is left alone in a foreign country with her new Husband Theodoros, but she promised to stay and be a pride of her country and dynasty.

Theodoros said

You are there alone Maria..

Maria said

I was not interested in marrying you, Theodoros.

Theodoros said

I will be kind and treat you as my queen and I will try to give my best to you, Maria.

Maria said

I hope you will do that to me,

Maria started to lose her own anxieties about her marriage with Theodoros, something that made everyone around her happy.

300px-Aztec_drums%2C_Florentine_Codex..jpg

Mexica

On 1300, the Mexica were driven north by the other Nahua people to the area of the mound builders in the Turtle Island causing them rule the mound builders instead, which devastated the Mound builders due to the Mexica ruling them required sacrifices per year.

Northern Italian common names

The Tuscan and Central Italian ones in parenthesis

Male

-Elias(Elia)

-Luis(Lodovico)

-Joan(Giovanni)

-Aymon(Aimone)

-Vitorio(Vittorio)

-Jaume(Giacommo)

Female

-Isabella

-Eleonor(Eleonora)

-Luisa(Ludovica)

-Elisabet(Elisabetta)

-Betina

Last edited:

PENABLANCA_zps00c3dcf5.jpg

In the Plains of Irraya

In Irraya where in the Indian and Chinese merchants also pass other than Tondo this was a stop of the Indian merchants in Ma-I before they pass to China or Nippon, this town is rich and had absorb the towns around it earlier, other than that the lands of Irraya was a rich farmland, the rich farmlands of Irraya supports a large population.

The plains of Irraya are filled with Ricefields that feeds the population of Irraya at this point in time, a Confederacy centered in Irraya starts to form and Irraya at that time is just a flourishing trading city, the Confederacy of Irraya would be a place where the indian traders would stay before they go to Nippon and aside from that the indian traders would deposit goods to Irraya which Irraya would benefit on as well and the Mongol traders would also trade to Tondo via Irraya if they wanted a short route to Tondo they would stop to Irraya to get the goods from Tondo such as beeswax, cotton, true pearls, tortoise shell, medicinal betel nuts and yuta cloth, the Mongol and Chinese traders preferred to go to Tondo rather than Irraya because it is too inland and the mouth of Bannag river is not that navigable compared to the Bay of Tondo near Tondo but the Indian and Nipponese prefer to trade in this place rather than on another part of Ma-I due to its stable location compared to Tondo which can be easily raided by neighboring countries and for that reason Tondo was not frequently visited by traders from India and Nippon, the Koreans are also interested in trading in Irraya, Irraya was a more stable trading city compared to Tondo which is one of the reasons why it is prefered by some traders that visit Ma-I and aside from that the people of Irraya were very welcoming to the traders due to them enjoying their wealth and prosperity which is brought about by their city being in a river valley, the trade just improved the wealth that it already has and for this reason the other cities in Ma-I aside from Tondo like Lingayen are envious if Irraya which is the second trading city in Ma-I but it is not a trading port as well like Tondo but just a trading city since the port where the ships enter is Aparri which is quite undeveloped but has a large population.

The Confederacy of Irraya started to form because of the trade and food dependency of the nearby towns of Irraya, the area around Irraya is very rich in farmland, the Kingdoms of Kaboloan, Lagawe and Tondo would envy Irraya, when the Confederacy of Irraya was starting to form some Nipponese migrated there too, the people of the Confederacy of Irraya are very happy because of the traders that always come to Irraya, the port town of Aparri serving as the entrance to Irraya also started to form as well, the small port town of Aparri is just an annoying village at the mouth of Bannag river leading to the town of Irraya the center of the Confederacy of Irraya, the small port town of Aparri looked very undeveloped when it is looked into the sea and the only one that really developed at that time is Irraya but it willl take time for Aparri to develop because Irraya overshadows it, although it is a port, the people of Aparri were also dependent to Irraya due its supply of Rice which complements Aparri's food supply because it cannot produce enough food for its own expanding population that had already benefited from the trade in Irraya, Aparri is still an insignificant town on the mouth of Bannag river that is used by the traders to come to Irraya which is where the traders really would want to go and the people just pass by Aparri to go to Irraya.

The Confederacy of Irraya was one of the later bases of the Kingdom of Katagalugan which was later formed due to the union of Irraya and Tondo which is accepts the King of Tondo as the direct ruler of Irraya in 1400 other than being a subordinate or vassal of the King of Tondo years after the marriage of Timanukum II to Dibuka the Queen of Kaboloan, the later Kingdom of Katagalugan would benefit on the things that the Confederacy of Irraya did.

Note:
The Spanish and Bruneians or any occupiers will not be able to take control of Ma-I or Selurong completely in this TL, the ones that occupy tondo can only occupy nearby areas of Tondo in this TL the area of Irraya and the plains of Ma-I are not conquerable.

Last edited:
Royal_Banner_of_the_Crown_of_Castille_%2815th_Century_Style%29.svg.png

The Princess of Italy or the Return of the Ivrea

On 1306, Prince Frederick of Italy, the other son of Conrad I of Italy dies due to a disease, leaving behind a daughter named Isabella(b. June 4,1295), his daughter to Fennena of Kuyavia and due to that many royal are trying to woo her to marry their dynasty even the King of Sicily, Frederick I of Sicily wants her to marry his son, Giorgio(b. 1292) in order to unite Italy, the other people who want to woo her into marrying one of their sons included the King of France Philip III and the son of pope Clementine I, Lissander , which never worked because Conrad I did not accept what he wants which is to marry her to his spare son, Conrad I did not like any Capetians ruling Italy.

But Conrad I has another plan and that is to marry Ferdinand of Castile, the son of Infante Sancho of Castile, the marriage plan really looked good to him since he believes Northern Italians and Castillans are of the same langauge and culture and they would easily learn to love each other, Conrad I of Italy was very shrewd about his dynastic marriage and he thinks that this is for the best of his grand daughter, Isabella, although the Italians nobles are also quite anxious of the marriage plans of Isabella, however, Isabella was not keen of the marriage match because she believes that Frederick of Castile is an oportunist who wants to gain the Italian throne but she changed her mind when she actually met Frederick of Castile.

Frederick of Castile visited the Kingdom of Italy on 1307, in order to see Isabella of Italy.

Conrad I sighed.

Conrad I said on his sigh

“Now the De Ivreas have returned to Northern Italy, their home.”

Frederick of Castile was very happy on how he was recieved on Italy, he said to Conrad I of Italy that he would take care of his Grand Daughter and his Kingdom of Italy.

Frederick of Castile said to Conrad I of Italy that he would take care of the Kingdom of Italy because he likes being a King and a King should take care of his own subjects.

Conrad I of Italy said

“You look very happy on marrying my Grand daughter because of the throne right?”

Frederick of Castile said

“Yes, my majesty.”

Conrad I of Italy said

“There will be difficulties you will face if you rule Italy.”

“That would be fine to me.”

Conrad I of Italy said

“You are fit to be the future King! After me but first you will need to marry my Grand Daughter!”

“Of course I know that.”

Conrad I of Italy finally made the betrothal between Frederick of Castile and Isabella of Italy, their marriage would take a while to actually take place.

-Maria of England marries Theodoros of the Eastern Roman Empire.
-Henryk of Wroclaw defeats Henryk the fat and annexes his territories.
-Otto of Swabia, the son of Conrad I of Italy elected as the King of Germany.
-Elisabeth of Greater Poland gives birth to a son named Henryk on June 4, 1302.
-with the loss of the island of Arwad in 1302/1303, the Kingdom of Jerusalem ceased to exist on the mainland.
-Anna of Bohemia is married to Premyszl Ottokar of Poland with papal dispensation and because of that The lands of Krakow with its fief Upper Silesia is now under personal union with Bohemia, the new term for that area is Vistulia which is now it is starting to be called as.

-Maria of England gives birth to a son named Manuel on December 4, 1302.
-Maria of England gives birth to a son named Manuel on June 4, 1303.
-Conrad I of Italy tries to incorporate the Republics of Genoa and Venice to his Kingdom of Italy but fails to do so because they have a loyal citizenry and territories outside of Italy that reinforce them.
-The Castillans under the leadership of Fernando de la Cerda defeat the attempts of the moors to have a resurgence in Iberia and the only remaining Muslim area is Granada.
-Prince Frederick of Italy dies due to an unknown disease leaving a daughter named Isabella
-Isabella of France marries Edward, duke of Cornwall
alternate_prussia_of_black_eagle_by_kasumigenx-d697le8.png

-The Teutonic Order is expelled from Prussia by Henry IV of Wroclaw and Greater Poland causing the Teutonic Order to search for other lands, he calls his realm as Prussia.
-Occitan cultural Renaissença starts at this point.
-Prince Louis of France marries Anna Comenna, a Byzantine noble woman, the marriage delighted Philip IV of France.
-Isabella of Italy marries Infante Fernando of Castile, signaling the return of the Dynasty of the Ivreas in Italy.
-Anna of Bohemia gives birth to a son named Frederick on June 3, 1310.

Last edited:
Countries
Eastern Roman Empire
-It regains its former glory and regains most of the Anatolian lands.
Italy
-Basically a Spain Expy because its langauge is similar to Spanish.
France
-Waiting for another war in order to steal territories from the German substates of Germany
-Occitan Renaissença is starting to happen.

Michelino_DanteAndHisPoem.jpg

Occitan Renaissença and Dante
On 1301, an Occitan Poet named Sebastian from made the King of England, Edward I very happy due to his his poems since it reminded him of his late wife, Eleanor of Castile since Sebastian made a poem about Eleanor of Castile, Edward I gave Sebastian a tribute and he gave him a very nice house in his hometown in Guyenne, the people of Guyenne were happy of the recognition given to him by the King of England, many Occitan poets appeared in Guyenne in France the Occitan poets in Provence gain popularity again as well as those Occitan Poets in Duchy of Savoy in Italy which were supported by King Conrad I of Italy and the Count of Savoy, Amadeus V, due to the prestige of the people of Guyenne, the Occitan language became generally known as the Aquitainian Language or Guyenese/Guianesa.

On the courts of Pope Clementine I, the Occitan Poets gained prestige as well because they created poetry that some of it depicted Pope Clementine I as a man that should be emulated and because of that Pope Clementine got a staff of loyal poets to him.

On 1308, Dante Alighieri of Tuscany or Dante Aligueri decided to start writing his novel, Divina Comedia which he decided that it will be written in the Aquitainian Language of Southern France which would make Occitan or Aquitainian a more popular language, the book of Dante Alighieri is about the people who are dead that are in Hell and in Heaven now.

The Book Divina Comedia is divided into three chapters which are L'infern Lo Purgatori, Lo Paradis in English it is Hell, Purgatory and Paradise.

Here are the interesting parts of the book Divina Comedia(Those that were different from OTL)​
In the second circle of Hell are those overcome by lust. Dante condemns these "carnal malefactors" for letting their appetites sway their reason. They are the first ones to be truly punished in Hell. These souls are blown back and forth by the terrible winds of a violent storm, without rest. This symbolizes the power of lust to blow one about needlessly and aimlessly.

In this circle, Dante sees Semiramis, Dido, Cleopatra, Helen of Troy, Achilles, Paris, Tristan, and many others who were overcome by sensual love during their life.

Dante meets Eleanor of Aquitaine and King Henry II in the second circle of hell they talked about of the wrong marriage of Eleanor of Aquitaine to Henry II and her relationship with the ruler of Antioch, it is said in the book that Eleanor of Aquitaine felt remorse at what happened and her marriage to Henry II and her divorce from Louis VII, her divorce was valid but her marriage to Henry II was not valid on the eyes of god.

In the Ninth Circle of Hell he meets Mordred, Judas and King John, who killed his nephew Arthur and betrayed his father many times, in this part of hell, King John is tormented by Arthur of Brittany in the Ninth Circle of Hell due to what happened to his sister, Eleanor of Brittany.

In Heaven, Dante meets his friend Beatrice and the Saints which included Saint Louis and his wife Margaret of Provence who is believed to have lived a virtuous life while she was living.

Divina Comedia was said to be one of the shining examples of Literary Aquitainian which still know to this day and still popular, the Book Divina Comedia was finished by Dante on the year of his death on 1321, the book was spread during the advent of printing which happened in later centuries but this book was frequently copied or translated by scribes by the nobles who wanted a copy of the book.

Last edited:
A French Commedia... My heart bleed, but the TL become even more interesting... Keep it up!
But in this TL GalloItalian aka the Northern Italian 'Castilian' is predominant in Northern Italy and Occitan is popular as a foreign language used by poets and the educated people, having GalloItalian as the common language of the Kingdom of Italy is just like having Spanish or Portuguese as the language of Italy, I think Tuscan and Central Italian will still flourish, the problem is that the tension between the Central Italians and the GalloItalian speakers might result in the Byzantines conquering Central Italy..since at this point the Dynasty of Northern Italy is changing to the Ivreas who are ruling Castile.

But in this TL GalloItalian aka the Northern Italian 'Castilian' is predominant in Northern Italy and Occitan is popular as a foreign language used by poets and the educated people, having GalloItalian as the common language of the Kingdom of Italy is just like having Spanish or Portuguese as the language of Italy, I think Tuscan and Central Italian will still flourish, the problem is that the tension between the Central Italians and the GalloItalian speakers might result in the Byzantines conquering Central Italy..since at this point the Dynasty of Northern Italy is changing to the Ivreas who are ruling Castile.

I recognize your point, but still it's not a likeable scenery when a foreign culture overshadows the local one, and I'm talking in a general point of view... But maybe in this days I'm a little pessimistic. I like your idea of a Occitan Commedia, and the fact of a Spanish-Italian union in sight...

I recognize your point, but still it's not a likeable scenery when a foreign culture overshadows the local one, and I'm talking in a general point of view... But maybe in this days I'm a little pessimistic. I like your idea of a Occitan Commedia, and the fact of a Spanish-Italian union in sight...
The Ivreas in Italy are a branch of the Ivreas from Sancho...the line that will rule or ruling Castile are the Dela Cerdas, the Ivreas were once Kings of Italy...I will return them to the first Kingdom they ruled.

We will have more Cultural Unity between Northern Italy and Iberia due to Occitan in this TL something that could have happened.

Regarding the former, I was starting to get that impression. :)
I wanted to continue Justin_Pickard's Anti-Habsburg Timeline but I was not able to get permission from him so I started this TL, I wanted to continue from where he left it but I decided to make a similar timeline instead since I have many ideas as well.

Last edited:
Drafts/Teaser of the Next updates...
Kingdom of Aragon
Since the marriage of Eleanor of England to Alfonso III of Aragon, Aragon became an ally of England, the marriage meant an alliance, the new line of Kings of Aragon are also allied with England and this means that again it will be a head ache to France.
A Kingdom of Aragon that is resurgent is a bad luck to France and a headache and due to the Occitan resurgence the language of the Kingdom of Aragon, which is called Occitan or Aquitainian but there it is called as Catalonian or Catalan, this meant that the Kingdom of Aragon and the South of France have stronger links and the other is that it is one of the languages in the Kingdom of Italy.
On 1300 Alfonso III of Aragon passed reforms in the Kingdom of Aragon which improved the economic situation of the Kingdom of Aragon, Alfonso III of Aragon is loved by people of Aragon as well as his wife, Eleanor of England, the marriage was an unpopular choice at first but she was very kind and fair and very beloved queen so the people learned to love her as their Queen, the .
Rebellion against the Queen
Isabella of Italy marries Infante Fernando and at 1311, Conrad I of Italy unconveniently dies and Infante Fernando becomes the King of Italy which causes a rebellion in Central Italy against King Fernando, which the Eastern Roman Empire takes advantage of.

Royal_Banner_of_the_Crown_of_Castille_%2815th_Century_Style%29.svg.png

Rebellion against the Queen
Isabella of Italy marries Infante Fernando of Castile and at 1311, Conrad I of Italy unconveniently dies and Infante Fernando becomes the King of Italy as Ferdinand I of Italy which causes a rebellion in Central Italy against King Fernando, which the Eastern Roman Empire takes advantage of and they send agents of discord against the rulers of the Kingdom of Italy because that would destroy the Kingdom inside out, however Northern Italy and its duchies and the lombard league are loyal to the new King of Italy although the Central Italian States are swinging on their loyalty and some really like to join the Byzantine Empire but the people who live in Latium and Abruzzi and the current pope, Clementine I are close to Isabella of Italy and her grandfather so any attempts by the Eastern Roman Empire to destroy the Kingdom of Italy had been stopped because the people living in Royal Central Italy are loyal to the Kingdom of Italy, however, rebellions sparked in the Central Italian duchies against Ferdinand I of Italy but these were quelled later on.
savoy_1601.jpg

The County of Nice was made the dowry of Margaret of France, the youngest daughter of Philip IV of France and Joan in her marriage to the Count of Savoy Aymon I on 1311, Nice was ceded due to the people of Nice not liking being a part of the French fief of Provence and also to weaken the Republic of Genoa completely which the Kingdom of Italy and France views as a thorn on their side, and also Philip II of France helped Aymon I to annex the Republic of Genoa completely, however on 1312, Guilhem Belibaste, a Cathar who is already wanted in France in order to avoid persecution later decided to go to the County of Savoy and the Kingdom of Italy and this caused a problem to the relation of France and Italy and caused some discord between France and Italy, but later Guilhem Belibaste was expelled from Savoy and the Kingdom of Italy itself because of the request of the King of France and Guilhem Belibaste decided to go the Eastern Roman Empire where it would be easy to hide but for how long he will hide in the Eastern Roman Empire.
Isabella of Italy gives birth to a son named Conrad on June 4, 1312.

Last edited:
200px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Barcelona.svg.png

Anglo-Aragonese Alliance

Since the marriage of Eleanor of England to Alfonso III of Aragon, Aragon became an ally of England, the marriage meant an alliance, the new line of Kings of Aragon are also allied with England and this means that again it will be a head ache to France because Navarre which is now in union with France has a border with Aragon and that it's situation would be something that Aragon would be something to exploit. The Prince of Aquitaine and duke of Cornwall, Alphonse visited Aragon to meet his brother in law in Aragon and also this would also mean that the King of Aragon becomes a faithful ally to England.

A Kingdom of Aragon that is resurgent is a bad luck to France and a headache and due to the Occitan resurgence the language of the Kingdom of Aragon, which is called Occitan or Aquitainian but there it is called as Catalonian or Catalan, this meant that the Kingdom of Aragon and the South of France have stronger links and stronger ties again, the Occitan resurgence strengthened the links of Occitan with Catalan and aside from that the courts of the Kingdom of Aragon is filled with Occitan poets.

On 1300 Alfonso III of Aragon passed reforms in the Kingdom of Aragon which improved the economic situation of the Kingdom of Aragon, Alfonso III of Aragon is loved by people of Aragon as well as his wife, Eleanor of England, the marriage was an unpopular choice at first but she was very kind and fair and very beloved queen so the people learned to love her as their Queen.

The reforms made by Aragon benefited the people of Aragon alot that it made Aragon a Meditereanean power again and also restored the old glory of Aragon, Eleanor of England and Alfonso III raised their son James as a good ruler, however this also meant that he will be an excelent ruler and would try to do the best for his own country and he would have the advantage due to the alliance of England with Aragon and the Byzantine Empire and this alliance would make a network of this three allied countries.

----------------------------------
The Next update will be about Aquitaine splitting from the English line of succession.

aquitaine.gif
Treaty on England and Aquitaine and its effect on France
On 1310, a treaty was made for the Duchy of Aquitaine in Paris by Prince Alphonse and Maria of Brabant which is named the treaty of Angouleme and according to that treaty, Angouleme, Perigord and Limotges would be now under Aquitaine while the Duke of Aquitaine and the King of England would give up their claims to the other Angevin dominions and the other provision of that treaty is that Aquitaine and England would split and no longer in Personal Union in the next generation, so Isabella and Edward would only rule Aquitaine as a French fief while England would be united with Scotland ruled by Margaret and Edward after the death of Alphonse I of England and Maria of Brabant, this treaty would end the old problem of Aquitaine for England and due to that Aquitaine would be a French vassal and not in personal union with England and because of this England will lose all of its trade of wine from Bordeux after the death of Alphonse I of England but since England is shifting its focus north the loss of Aquitaine would not really effect England and Aquitaine would just be a pain for England to retain.

The nobles of England accepted the treaty because they believe it will restore the focus of the ruler of England on England only and it will only focus on the welfare of the people of England rather than the people on the other side of the Channel and aside from that, England and Scotland would be on a personal union which would strengthen the Kingdom England and the conflicts with the Kingdom of France would had been ended completely due to what Alphonse I of England did.
The impending transfer of Aquitaine would help in the renaissenca of Renaissença of the Aquitainian language due to it being an autonomous vassal of France again and Alphonse I of England gave his son the complete control over Aquitaine before passing it as a fief to France after his death since according to the treaty his son would rule Aquitaine while his brother would rule both Scotland and England after his death.

Occitan and French and its distribution in France in this TL.

languages_france_timeline.png

Last edited:
Correction for this chapter since I am changing the direction of this timeline..

PENABLANCA_zps00c3dcf5.jpg

In the Plains of Irraya

In Irraya where in the Indian and Chinese merchants also pass other than Tondo this was a stop of the Indian merchants in Ma-I before they pass to China or Nippon, this town is rich and had absorb the towns around it earlier, other than that the lands of Irraya was a rich farmland, the rich farmlands of Irraya supports a large population.
The plains of Irraya are filled with Ricefields that feeds the population of Irraya at this point in time, a Confederacy centered in Irraya starts to form and Irraya at that time is just a flourishing trading city, the Confederacy of Irraya would be a place where the indian traders would stay before they go to Nippon and aside from that the indian traders would deposit goods to Irraya which Irraya would benefit on as well and the Mongol traders would also trade to Tondo via Irraya if they wanted a short route to Tondo they would stop to Irraya to get the goods from Tondo such as beeswax, cotton, true pearls, tortoise shell, medicinal betel nuts and yuta cloth, the Mongol and Chinese traders preferred to go to Tondo rather than Irraya because it is too inland and the mouth of Bannag river is not that navigable compared to the Bay of Tondo near Tondo but the Indian and Nipponese prefer to trade in this place rather than on another part of Ma-I due to its stable location compared to Tondo which can be easily raided by neighboring countries and for that reason Tondo was not frequently visited by traders from India and Nippon, the Koreans are also interested in trading in Irraya, Irraya was a more stable trading city compared to Tondo which is one of the reasons why it is prefered by some traders that visit Ma-I and aside from that the people of Irraya were very welcoming to the traders due to them enjoying their wealth and prosperity which is brought about by their city being in a river valley, the trade just improved the wealth that it already has and for this reason the other cities in Ma-I aside from Tondo like Lingayen are envious if Irraya which is the second trading city in Ma-I but it is not a trading port as well like Tondo but just a trading city since the port where the ships enter is Kamalanyugan which is quite undeveloped but has a large population which is very dependent on Irraya.

The Confederacy of Irraya started to form because of the trade and food dependency of the nearby towns of Irraya, the area around Irraya is very rich in farmland, the Kingdoms of Kaboloan, Lagawe and Tondo would envy Irraya, when the Confederacy of Irraya was starting to form some Nipponese migrated there too, the people of the Confederacy of Irraya are very happy because of the traders that always come to Irraya, the port town of Kamalanyugan serving as the entrance to Irraya also started to form as well, the small port town of Kamalanyugan is just an annoying village at the mouth of Bannag river leading to the town of Irraya the center of the Confederacy of Irraya, the small port town of Kamalanyugan looked very undeveloped when it is looked into the sea and the only one that really developed at that time is Irraya but it willl take time for Kamalanyugan to develop because Irraya overshadows it, although it is a port, the people of Kamalanyugan were also dependent to Irraya due its supply of Rice which complements Kamalanyugan's food supply because it cannot produce enough food for its own expanding population that had already benefited from the trade in Irraya,

Kamalanyugan is still an insignificant town on the mouth of Bannag river that is used by the traders to come to Irraya which is where the traders really would want to go and the people just pass by Kamalanyugan to go to Irraya.