Thandean-Richardean ATL Map Database

A revision of the old ATL map database, using the new globed worlda map, and the RCS posted below as a key.
Note: This key is to be treated as a maximum, and so many of the colours may not necesarily appear on any maps.
They will appear on the new OTL Map series however. The old format applies:

Name of timeline:
Creator:
Current year:
Notes:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not quite:

1. You've missed a few protectorates in Africa
2. Egypt and the Indian Princely states would be coloured in as protectorates (going by 'Dominion implies shared head of state, whereas Protectorate implies native head of state).

Otherwise, looks fine.

EDIT: This might be helpful for some of the other protectorates/Dominions. Order top-bottom: Normal, Dominion, Protectorate. It's patently absurd to have Republican dominions, hence the n/a marking in that category for the US, PRC and USSR.

D%26P%20Colors.png

Last edited:
Regarding the protectorates, I took them right off the original TCS map of 1914, which did have those colours. I'd be willing to correct them, though.

1914 RCS.PNG

Regarding the protectorates, I took them right off the original TCS map of 1914, which did have those colours. I'd be willing to correct them, though.

If you mean the situation with using the colour for Dominion rather than protectorate, I just think the situation in Hyderabad has more in similar with that in Dubai, Brunei or the Ashanti Kingdom than with that in Canada.

I'll start off with some Draka maps; they're not entirely accurate though, and are probably quite opinionated:

Name of timeline: Domination of Draka
Creator: S. M. Stirling
Current year: 1914
Notes: Officially a dominion of Britain, Draka encompasses Africa in a wanktastic empire that only gets bigger. Unfortunately, Stirling thought dominion meant 'practical sovereignty' and so the outline reflects this. The Americans, as described, took Mexico, Canada and then Central America, but I didn't see a mention of them taking any European colonies in the timeline provided, just the Spanish colonial successors.

Draka2.png

Last edited:
Another map. Since imageshack and photobucket seem to not zoom in properly for me for some reason, I'll have to do them all as attachments:

Current year: 1939
Notes: With the world outside the Domination and Western hemisphere stuck in an anachronistic stupor, it's safe to guess where the world's borders are. I didn't know exactly what Stirling meant by Western China, so I made an educational guess based off an official definition. They've already declared independence now.

Draka.PNG

Current year: 1942
Notes: This is during the Eurasian War, with the Nazis having pushed the Soviets beyond the Urals and the Draka about to invade the Caucasus mountains. The Japanese were said to have occupied Far East Russia, but I couldn't find a good internal border and so used the one from the 1910s.

Draka3.png

Name of timeline: Chaos TL
Creator: Max Sinister
Current year: 1910s
Notes: Right before TTL's WWI. I am still unsure about a lot of this map, especially some of the Indian Ocean islands, North Africa and the Middle East. I colored Braseal the US color because it fought against Britain in the Anti-British War and because I decided to give Canada OTL Canada's color. Feel free to challenge this.

Chaosagain.png

Name of timeline: "Fight and Be Right"
Creator: EdT
Current year: 1940
Notes: I went with the Papal colour for Angola, as before- seemed appropriate.

FaBR-World-bmp.png

Last edited:
Name of timeline: Chaos TL
Creator: Max Sinister
Current year: 1910s
Notes: Right before TTL's WWI. I am still unsure about a lot of this map, especially some of the Indian Ocean islands, North Africa and the Middle East. I colored Braseal the US color because it fought against Britain in the Anti-British War and because I decided to give Canada OTL Canada's color. Feel free to challenge this.
This is the first UCS map I've seen of the Chaos Timeline. Unfortunately, it is not immediately obvious who actually rules the East Indies (i.e. not the Dutch).

Also, what about the Quebec color for Braseal?

This is the first UCS map I've seen of the Chaos Timeline. Unfortunately, it is not immediately obvious who actually rules the East Indies (i.e. not the Dutch).

This is a good case for giving Braseal Canada's color, and Canada's the American. Or....

Also, what about the Quebec color for Braseal?

Possible, but I understand Braseal being a former British colony as opposed to former French.

And if anyone has any map resources for Chaos TL in 1993, I would be glad to try and make it.

Possible, but I understand Braseal being a former British colony as opposed to former French.
Reviewing the TL, I see I somewhat overstated the French influence in Braseal. Even though Lui Filip and Charl de Gaul both come from French stock, they seem to be merely a couple prominent individuals, not necessarily representatives of a dominant culture.