Star trek DC comic books

Back in the 90's does anyone remember when DC comics did star trek comic books? The reason I ask is because, I remember one time when they actually did an alternate history story. The story is that a group of Klingons travel back in time, and change the history of their planet. Instead of being an empire and a warrior race, they are a confederacy and peaceful.

Back in the 90's does anyone remember when DC comics did star trek comic books? The reason I ask is because, I remember one time when they actually did an alternate history story. The story is that a group of Klingons travel back in time, and change the history of their planet. Instead of being an empire and a warrior race, they are a confederacy and peaceful.

I haven't read it (I'm more of a Marvel Star Trek fan), but the story you're referring to is Time Crime. The resolution (basically, they need to travel back in time and kill the Klingon Gandhi), is a pretty big eye-opener.

Thande

Donor
Is that the same series where things diverged after Search for Spock? Basically, Kirk gets command of Excelsior and Spock gets his own ship?
I've not seen many of them (just the Mirror Universe Saga which is quite good) but I believe the conceit was that they did a series where things diverged after Wrath of Khan (the comics weirdly came out not long before Search for Spock) and then somehow managed to incorporate Search for Spock while continuing with some of the characters and concepts they'd already introduced.

Is that the same series where things diverged after Search for Spock? Basically, Kirk gets command of Excelsior and Spock gets his own ship?

Same company (DC Comics), but different volume. You're referring to the first volume (made from 1984 to 1989), that made a lot of odd decisions while drastically rolling it all back every time it came around to make a movie tie-in.

Time Crime is from volume 2 (1989 to 1996), when Paramount had a lot more editorial control over the comics and made sure things didn't go so far off the rails as in the '80s series. They had even more control when they switched the license over to Marvel ("Paramount Comics") although that ended quickly and led to the end of Star Trek comics for awhile.

Same company (DC Comics), but different volume. You're referring to the first volume (made from 1984 to 1989), that made a lot of odd decisions while drastically rolling it all back every time it came around to make a movie tie-in.

What a weird way to try to tell a story...

Time Crime is from volume 2 (1989 to 1996), when Paramount had a lot more editorial control over the comics and made sure things didn't go so far off the rails as in the '80s series. They had even more control when they switched the license over to Marvel ("Paramount Comics") although that ended quickly and led to the end of Star Trek comics for awhile.

Good to know. The only DC Trek comic I have is Debt of Honor (well worth a look). Aside from that, it's all IDW.

Ah... Time Crime- such an interesting premise for a Trek Alt History.

Really enjoyed it, but thought that like the 2009 movie they should not have attempted to correct the timeline.