Resistance Videogame Series Alternate History

Hi all I'm new here, so please bear with me if I'm in the wrong place, sadly can't seem to find a good place for this question. Seeing it is though an Alternate History/Alternate Reality Time Line question, here seems better than most.

So here is the question, In the Resistance universe of the Video Game and Book series. After the Chimera are defeated and the Gateway is closed, what is the most likely course of action for humanity, Since mankind now has access to tech that is well in a 1000 years give or take ahead of its own which in the beginning was at late 40's early 50's tech, but that earth has for the most part been striped mined and its eco systems are mostly dead, plus almost all infrastructure of society has been destroyed to a point that humanity is living a semi-nomadic semi-hunter gather way of life.

This is a question that has been rattling around my head for years. Thanks all for your patience and if so taking the time to render your input.

Humanity struggles to survive, basically.

Earth wasn't strip mined, but it was geologically altered in places by the Towers and North America took a severe hit in terms of climate. However, the bulk of knowledge, leadership and innovation are dead. It will take some time for the species to recover - if ever.

(This may be better in the ASB forum)