Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit, now I have to make a decision. Perhaps a combination of the two would work (with the eagle)?

How's this?

German Flag Request PNG.png

Can I have aircraft roundels for the Leichtenstein Air Force, the Venetian Air Force, the C.S. Air Force, the New England Air Force, the Rio Grande Air Force, the Texan Air Force, the Californian Air Force, the Cascadian Air Force, the Appalachian Air Force, and the Quebec Air Force? I already have ones for the Luxembourgish Air Force, Monegasque Air Force, San Marino Air Force, and Vatican Air Force.

Can I have aircraft roundels for the Leichtenstein Air Force, the Venetian Air Force, the C.S. Air Force, the New England Air Force, the Rio Grande Air Force, the Texan Air Force, the Californian Air Force, the Cascadian Air Force, the Appalachian Air Force, and the Quebec Air Force? I already have ones for the Luxembourgish Air Force, Monegasque Air Force, San Marino Air Force, and Vatican Air Force.

Texan Air Force

ahg roundel.png

Here's my attempt.

Liechtenstein's is a cross, based on them being a German nation and the Germans being fond of crosses on aircraft.

Venice is the Lion of St Mark - I imagine that the lion itself would be interchangable with a simple golden disc in practise.

The Confederacy has the always reliable confederate saltire.

New England has concentric triangles, recalling the shape of the pine tree which adorns their flag.

Rio Grande has concentric stars - three stars, echoing the three on their flag, and each bearing one of the national colours.

Texas also has a star - the gold on blue echoes the colours of the Texas battle flag, while the white and red recall the colours of the Texas.

California has a star in a triangle, the triangle representing the mountains and the star, as on the Californian flag, speaks for the independence of the Californian nation.

Cascadia is a star of 13 points in gold, green and silver, one point per state and the national colours.

Appalachia has the Appalachian Bend, the blue representing the sky over the green rolling mountains.

Quebec has a cockade of the national colours with a fleur-de-lys to differentiate it from Persia.

Request - AHG Roundels.png

Well, hopefully AHG likes it. It'll help make up for the fact that I'm probably going to come last in the weekly flag challenge. How's your Inkscape experimentation coming along?

You're too hard on yourself.
Yours is a nice design and stands a good chance of winning

Well, hopefully AHG likes it. It'll help make up for the fact that I'm probably going to come last in the weekly flag challenge. How's your Inkscape experimentation coming along?

Still haven't gotten into it.

Also, repeating my last request: Anybody got a flag for an independent Madras? I have more criteria a couple pages back. It's for Mac Gregor's The Union Forever.

Just a thought ont he Irish Commonwealth flags.

Isn't the Gold Harp on Blue an Engish invention? I believe it sprung from the somewhat fertive mind of Henry VIII; not exactly an Irish patriot.

Wouldn't an "IRISH" image be better than something conned from a besotted Anglo-Welsh skirt-chaser?

I've always thought a Green saltire, outlined in white, on a green field was thoroughly Irish. What do YOU think, oh dread Lord of the Irish Commonwealth?

Isn't the Gold Harp on Blue an Engish invention? I believe it sprung from the somewhat fertive mind of Henry VIII; not exactly an Irish patriot.

Wouldn't an "IRISH" image be better than something conned from a besotted Anglo-Welsh skirt-chaser?

I've always thought a Green saltire, outlined in white, on a green field was thoroughly Irish. What do YOU think, oh dread Lord of the Irish Commonwealth?

its the saltire that was the anglo invention, the harp has a much better pedigree.

(mind you, the one on a blue field is indeed a creation of the dreaded english *ptuew* but can easily be explained away)

its the saltire that was the anglo invention, the harp has a much better pedigree.

(mind you, the one on a blue field is indeed a creation of the dreaded english *ptuew* but can easily be explained away)

Well, Anglo-Scottish invention (despite the Mercian Cross ;))
A gold crown could also fit (tis one of the reasons the Lordship of Ireland had 3 of them)

Status
Not open for further replies.