Rank Insignia and Uniforms Thread

Hapsburg said:
Three days, eh?
Well, here's some more uniforms from the Sorrow the Samurai universe.
This time from 1815.
uniformsofinfantry1815hf4.png

And the urine factor on THAT beauty...

Seriously, good work. It just looks like they all met the Demon Lord. :D

Hapsburg

Banned
Nekromans said:
And the urine factor on THAT beauty...

Seriously, good work. It just looks like they all met the Demon Lord. :D
Not my fault. The shadowing came with the original template.
I does look like pee...except it's not a yellowish tinge...except for on the gold-colored pants the Americans wear.:D

Imajin said:
Shouldn't Spain and Austria have a more similar uniform?
Yeah....but I couldn't find any other country's uniforms from around that time...so the make the table symmetrical, I added in Spain. I guess I could explain it as that the spanish make their uniforms at home rather than getting them shipped in from Austria, and for whatever reason, they have different color regulations.

@Cardinal: Good work on the Iroquois and the Highlander.

Hapsburg

Banned
ahscardinal said:
Where did you get the base templats???
I can't remember. I spent all night looking for it, but I could not find it. A long while ago, though, I knew where it was, and I made custom uniforms for infantry, lancers, cuirassiers, pikemen, etc.

Hapsburg

Banned
You can tell he's Prussian because of the giant moustache.:D
Cool, though. The only weird thing is thatt he indian looks like he's wearing a dress.:p

Hapsburg said:
You can tell he's Prussian because of the giant moustache.:D
Well, I felt it looked a little repetitive having all the faces look exactly the same, so I gave the Prussian a moustache :p
Hapsburg said:
Cool, though. The only weird thing is thatt he indian looks like he's wearing a dress.:p
Yeah, I guess... I was trying to base it off of the Indian on the Massachusetts flag (among other sources) with a red jacket to distinguish them as British. But it does look too dress-like...

Here is the Legion of Hono(u)r, note the flag on the right ;)

Attachments

• newfrance.bmp
    141.9 KB · Views: 10,255
Last edited:
VIVAT RES PUBLICA

Here you have rank insignia of the Army of the Commonwealth.
Commonwealth (Rzeczpospolita) was founded at the end of the 14th century by the union of Poland and Lithuania. In 15th century Kingdom of Bohemia became third part of the Union. At the beginning of 17th century Ruthenia (earlier part of Kingdom of Poland) acuired status of Great Duchy (like Lithuania) and became fourth member of the new Commonwealth (Rzeczpospolita).
The Commonwealth exists till today and is one of the world's greatest powers.
stopnie1a.JPG

Of course I based it on Polish military insignia, with some changes. I shamelessly admit I "borrowed" the crossed sabers from the military of Saudi Arabia (shukran!) the garland from German Air Force (danke), and the crown from British Army (thank you kindly).
All that work was possible thanks to marvelous site about military insignia
Here's the link www.uniforminsignia.net/index.php?p=main
I'm still working on the timeline about the Polish-Lithuanian-Bohemian-Ruthenian Comonwealth. The coat of arms of the Commonwealth is mine (combination, not its elements).

stopnie1a.JPG

Hapsburg

Banned
Those are pretty good.

Here's another from the series of world uniforms. Limited in who I'm showing, though, just because I'm tired.
Infantry Uniforms, 1862:
infantryuniformsof1862dz2.png

"The Federation" is short for The Federation of the Kingdoms and Lands Represented in the Imperial Council and the Kingdoms and Lands of the Crown of Saint Wenceslaus and the Kingdoms and Lands of the Crown of Saint Stephen In Union with the Kingdoms and Lands of the Crown of Spain and the Kingdoms and Lands of the Crown of Portugal, the official state name of the Austro-Spanish Empire.

Highlander

Banned
Those soldiers that look as if they are drawn in Paint; did you guys make them yourselves, or did you use a template?

Hapsburg

Banned
What, the templates I made? Yes, I did them in paint. I don't have photoshop, so I have to use paint, which I've more or less mastered. It's actually versatile when you know what each thing does.

Highlander

Banned
No guarantee I'll ever get around to it... but which species, and which one?

Just take your pic: fox, mouse or siamese. Those are the three species in the stories I want to start.

Just have the uniform blank, if possible; I can fill in that much. Either that, or if you want to go the extra yard, make up some for them.

Just take your pic: fox, mouse or siamese. Those are the three species in the stories I want to start.

Just have the uniform blank, if possible; I can fill in that much. Either that, or if you want to go the extra yard, make up some for them.

Unfortunately just realized that I probably won't be able to even start doing this until Monday... sorry.