President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

Bad news for president Bradley when W. finally gets his comeback.

y41p3a.png

Hey, sorry for the question, but would it be possible for anyone to make a Missouri Gubernational or Senate Election? PM me if you'd like info for it.

Whims of Fate

Here we will run a 2008 election simulation with all candidates chosen by RNG.

OGL5RFN.png

Jeb Bush/Rob Portman (R), 290 EVs, 48.6%
Mark Warner/Chet Edwards (D), 248 EVs, 48.6%
Ralph Nader/Matt Gonzalez (I), 1.7%
Bob Barr/Wayne Root (L), 1.2%

These wacky electoral maps you get on President Infinity election nights remind me of the original 2004 President Forever. The 2008 version of President Forever tended to be the most 'normal' in terms of the results it threw up.

Brooke in 1968: A Brighter America

Ed Brooke was sweating and it wasn't the Miami heat. He was on the verge of becoming the Republican nominee for President, well with a bit of luck anyway. He worked the numbers in his head. As things stood he had 550 delegates while Nixon had 600ish. He wondered what Nixon was doing now and what deals he was doing with the others. Reagan had the 3rd most delegates with 400, Old Ronnie didn't like him but he knew that Ed could give him the best deal, it had cost him nearly all his political captial but for now he had his endorsement and most likely VP Reagen. Then Romney on 250 and Rockefeller just short of that. He didn't know where they would go, Rockefeller was not best pleased when Ed beat him in New York by less than a pojnt ,that had been a good day. Romney was better shoot, he seemed to like me and well more ideological close to me than Dick. Then the odds and shods,Case had given him his 50 during the campaign I'm sure he'd want something in return but that will have to wait. The vote began, nothing notable yet, seems to be all going to Rockefeller and Romney. Rockefeller delegates are going to Romney- that means he has more than me. He's going to crown Nixon, its over. It's fine , the Reagan delegates go to Brooke. Now its down to Romney, me or Nixon, Ed Brooke or Richard Nixon. Romneys Delegates go to Ed. Its over. Brooke's won. Now will he face Kennedy or McCarthy?

Edward Brooke/ Ronald Reagan: 50.1% 473 EVs Eugene McCarthy/Richard J. Hughes: 35.8% 20EVs George Wallace/Ezra Taft Benson: 14.2% 45EVs

brooke.jpg

I ran as Lt General Michael Flynn. Managed to barely stop Cruz from reaching the necessary number of delegates and it went to a brokered convention. After 11 rounds of voting Flynn won the convention, Cruz didn't gain a single delegate. I picked Marsha Blackburn as Flynn's VP. It went to the general election against a Clinton/Brown ticket. Clinton started right after the convention with weeks of huge scandals and health problems. She was down by nine points by the end of August. However by October she started picking up steam, whooped Flynn in all the debates, and drew even in the polls by the week before the election. Despite this, the map was covered in red. My strategy was basically just playing defense and breaking a few Clinton scandals late on which managed to stop her momentum during the last week of the campaign. Flynn managed a decent electoral college win but lagged pretty heavily in the popular vote, not unlike Trump IOTL. But now everyone gets to look forward to four years of the Flynn/Blackburn administration.

eNqscZX.jpg

IpR21VK.jpg

4fe678ae-33a4-41ee-b916-014eeeccd992

Beat Kennedy in the primaries with a bit of luck then he collapsed and won the convention in the first vote. Picked Estes Kefauver as Southerner (though Liberal would be good balance) . Nixon won easily and picked Goldwater which was a brave strategy.

Humphrey/Kefauver v Nixon/Goldwater

1960.jpg

Jcw3

Banned
Man, this game looks awesome. Wish I had the money for it.

Does it come with a spectator/observer mode? I never really liked playing simulation games, but I love watching.

Some campaigns come with an observer candidate or you can just select a small party skip though the turns. There is a simulation mode but only does general election not primaries