President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

Enjoy these games, wish I knew how to bypass the demo as the OP claims is easy - but maybe one day I'll actually pay for it. Overall though, enjoyable game. Steep learning curve though - I tried 2016 first and couldn't really get through it until I took a step back and played 2008 and worked my way back around. I've been able to make Kerry lead in 2008 (ha!) as well as Paul (even better!) and tried a Biden 2016. I feel Biden 2016's a little too weak in this game IMO

I think we'd actually have to experience the 2016 before they can set a candidate's stats accurately. Apparently they think Rubio is going to be president of the United States, or something; in PE2008 Romney was a tough candidate for 2012 and if he beat Obama he beat Obama big. Since the last election I did Obama vs Romney in PE2016, and Mitt's a walkover.

^ I've only played the demo unfortunately, but whenever I use Biden he's usually in third place for the Democrats, even with Hillary turned off, usually being beaten by Mark Warner and Martin O'Malley. I think I had Cuomo off as well last time.

I mean, I'm not saying hand him the nomination, but that's pitiful for an incumbent Vice President.

Bush/ Powell vs. Clinton/ Kerrey vs Perot/Healy

Oh the tragedy, missed by one electoral vote and got Poppy reelected by the House somehow....

onefuckingev.PNG

^ Were you playing as Perot or all three? It seems a lot of people play all the characters and I usually just pick one.

It was mentioned earlier it's supposedly easy to crack/pass the demo in this game. If anyone would mind telling me how via PM, please do?

Yep, I was just Perot. I did a little editing, added Dr. Bernadine Healy and College President John Sibler as prospective running mates (I didn't supercharge them though) and took advantage of my early entrance and spammed every state with foot soldiers :D. But still, I LOST BY ONE ELECTORAL VOTE!!

I think I broke it.... Is there anyway to beat fucking Mondale in the '84 primaries and win? Every time I am on the cusp of victory, that cheating sob manages to weasel his way into my lead. And the one time I beat him, he's weakened me (hart) so bad, Reagan just steam rolls over me. :mad: Now I know how Gary Hart felt.:mad:

kennedyreagananderson80.PNG

I have completed the first ever public user scenario for President Forever 2016: South Carolina's 1st District - 2013. It can be found here. Feedback of any sort is more than welcome.

Enjoy.

Ever wondered how Tony Blair would have done in 2008 election?, I did here are the results. Set Blair up with 1% in each state for the primaries and just built up momentum,quite funny in terms of policys as he is Far Left on healthcare position and other issues,though was centre right on Iran and Iraq.Really surprised a won Alabama and not Florida or Virginia.Used the 2008 Wonk scenarios as the basis.

blair.jpg

Played as Barr for the Libertarians in 2008,did quite well. The Republican nomination was a bitter fight, 3 way battle in the end between McCain,Romney and Giuliani. Romney had more of the popular vote but Giulani manged to win out,I manged to get Romney to endorse me,which helped me out. Clinton won the nomination quickly finished n march and so she got her campaign off too a good head start.Republicans began to collapse and by the end I had a higher electability than Giuliani. In this world Id imagine that Republicans would have a bitter civil war and drift to the right. Also Dennis Kucinich was the Democract VP.

lib.jpg

Now that the Libertarians have been added to the 2016 scenario I did a handsoff as Gary Johnson with all possible candidates in the primaries for both major parties. The Dems came down to Biden, Cuomo, O'Malley, and Clinton all doing well up to May but the lesser candidates rallying around Biden to give him the win. I was hoping that with four roughly even it might go to a brokered convention but then O'Malley and Cuomo endorsed Biden and he got the nomination. The Republicans were more chaotic with 7 candidates winning the first 9 states. But then the lesser candidates starting rallying around Santorum and he pulled ahead, with only Bob McDonnell left after a while. McDonnell was doing well though but ended his campaign after the Texas primary which he was leading in the polls up to the day of the primary.

So for the general campaign it was Biden/Kaine vs. Santorum Cruz. I didn't do much except trying to get New Mexico over 10%, and ended up getting 1.5% nationwide. And then... this happened for the result. The game stopped counting with Nevada at only 96% in and only a 20,000 vote difference, so I'm suspecting fraud. :p

Santorum Wut.png

A new update is out, adding the Green Party and an optional independent Bloomberg run. I ran a handsoff as the Greens with all primary candidates on except Clinton and Jindal. It turned into Ryan/Martinez vs. Cuomo/Clinton (didn't know that was an option) vs. Ventura/Gray vs. Bloomberg. Then this happened. I have no idea how Ventura's win in Rhode Island happened, that seemed like it came out of nowhere.

PF 2016 Green.png

So, 270soft.com has launched a Kickstarter campaign to finance President Forever 2016 for Mac. From what I've understood the Kickstarter will finance hard- and software needed for programming. The rewards are pretty neat but the threshold is pretty high. If you have money to spare, why not help the project. This especially goes if you're rich - you can have a scenario created for you for "just" 500 CAD!

http://kck.st/17hwN4Q

I donated 40 CAD for what it's worth. I'd like to afford the 500 CAD deal but it'd handicap my economy quite a bit.

(I have not seen any rule against advertising for yourself or someone else. Mods, please remove this post if there is one.)

I played the South Carolina Mod as Jenny Sanford in the general election and didn't finish it(due to only having the demo) I was poised to win in a Big Landslide,I was quite happy with my performance.

It was a Very Well-Made mod that was incredibly fun to play.

I was playing the Canadian one,2006 scenario,I was actually beating Harper as Paul Martin but the big shock was that near the end,I managed to win almost every single province except 3! I actually managed to win Quebec!