President Forever and other 270soft games Megathread

Here's my most recent game. I decided to play as Pat Schroeder in the 1988 scenario with Lloyd Bentsen as my running mate against a Robertson/Bush ticket :eek:.

schroeder.PNG

I remember I played as Mike Gravel once, as a Libertarian. The Democratic candidate was Hillary Clinton and the Republican was, I think, Romney. I managed to get CA to vote Libertarian, and it totally screwed up the election, causing one of them to win despite losing the popular vote.

I still have President Forever on a flash drive. Maybe I'll dig it out.

I'm a poor motherfucker so does anyone know where to get a full FREE version of UK Prime Minister Forever? IE free download.

A rather improbable 2008 scenario: George Allen doesn't disintegrate in 2006, becomes Sam Brownback's running mate in a social conservative GOP ticket against Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama (I'm the Democrats). We were tied in polls almost up to Election Day:

ha.jpg

I ended up buying President Forever 2012. I did a handsoff game with the 2016 scenario with Christie/Rubio vs. O'Malley/Schweitzer. Here was the result. Virginia went Christie by a 708 vote margin, and Wisconsin and New Hampshire had under 5,000 vote margins.

PF2016Handsoff.png

Is this game/sim worth getting (the price seems pretty high)? Past that, are there any alternative locations to buy it from?

Did the 2016 election as Biden/Schweitzer against Christie/Jindal. I lost all the debates and still managed to pull off a clear victory. :D

I lost Ohio by 5,000 votes, but won Montana by 4,000 and Arizona by 15,000.

Biden 2016.png

I would just like to let everyone know that with the latest release AH.com's dream ticket of Schweitzer/Gillibrand can become a reality. :D

Playing as Ted Kennedy with Biden in '88, I narrowly lost to George Bush. Strange thing is I won Texas, but lost California and the election! Next round with a Kennedy/Bentsen ticket I won in a land slide. Sorry for the bad pic!

Photo0123.jpg

Deleted member 16736

So here's one that I posted somewhere else on the board a few months back. I've never ended a race in an Electoral tie before or since. This election was crazy, and I made sure to do a write up of it once I was finished.

Played 2008 + Primaries, 2008-Wonk Edition. I chose to run as Sam Brownback, running on my conservative positions in Iowa. I won Iowa before Romney won New Hampshire, Michigan, and Nevada. However, I didn't waste time contesting those states. Instead I focused on winning South Carolina, which I did, thereby stopping his momentum. McCain took Florida, I took Maine by less than half of a percent. I did well enough on Super Tuesday and the Bay State primaries to woo an Endorsement from McCain. Huckabee withdrew and endorsed me just before the Texas-Ohio-Vermont-Rhode Island primaries in March. I took Texas and Vermont.

Meanwhile, Romney had cleaned up the rest of the endorsements from the candidates who hadn't withdrawn on their own accord. Now, mano-a-mano, my race against Romney was tight. We traded states back and forth, went pretty negative, and it was clear that the race would come down to the last round of states. I won one of those states, New Mexico, which gave me a three delegate lead over Romney. Once I had locked it up, I offered Mitt the VP slot and he accepted immediately.

Heading into the general we were up against Obama and were even in the polls, with the edge going to us. I researched like crazy through the summer and got some mid-level scandals and built up my "Experience" issue for attack ads in the fall. At the convention Obama picked Kucinich (yeah...really) as his running mate. The week after the Democratic convention was the only time I really trailed the entire race. After our convention I was forced to take public financing due to lack of cash on hand.

I won three out of the four debates (losing the second debate to Obama) and two weeks out was projected to win by at least 290 EVs. Then Obama, in the negative on momentum and out of cash, surged 3 points, turning Michigan blue again and putting Arizona up for grabs. I kept releasing attack ads and scandals, but it didn't do enough damage. I lead by two points heading into the election. However, that wasn't enough.

On election night I won the popular vote, as you can see, by nearly 2.5%, even taking New Hampshire with 55%. The whole night, though, I watched as Pennsylvania, Arizona, and New Mexico flipped back and forth. Pennsylvania was called first, for Obama, who won by 25,000 votes. I won Arizona by the same margin. Obama, as I have highlighted in the screenshot, won New Mexico by fewer than 4,000 votes, thereby denying me an Electoral College victory by a single EV. The election was tossed to the House which, under Democratic control, elected Barack Obama the 44th President of the United States.

After 5 months I still get mad about this one.

Missed it by that much.JPG

Been playing PE2016. Love the new features, especially making multiple ads at once and letting both members of the ticket make big speeches. Just been curious about some general election strategies, especially debate prep. I usually do the max three preps, and issue knowledge a couple times in a turn too, but I also gotta go out there and campaign. And with the stamina stats of contenders like Hillary, it gets pretty taxing pretty quick.

Enjoy these games, wish I knew how to bypass the demo as the OP claims is easy - but maybe one day I'll actually pay for it. Overall though, enjoyable game. Steep learning curve though - I tried 2016 first and couldn't really get through it until I took a step back and played 2008 and worked my way back around. I've been able to make Kerry lead in 2008 (ha!) as well as Paul (even better!) and tried a Biden 2016. I feel Biden 2016's a little too weak in this game IMO