Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

On American Magic, my Disney TL, I am still getting questions about Walt's original vision for EPCOT. I had already put EPCOT and Progress City on hold once before in the TL, with a scaled down Pavilion of Progress that opens with the Magic Kingdom in 1971. It is now 1976, and the questions of EPCOT/Progress City have come up once again. Would Disney still have problems attracting potential residents and corporate partners?

What If Brian Connolly of The Sweet had not been beaten up in 1974 and the band had been able to support their idols The Who at Charlton Atheltic's ground during their tour?

Hello all

Without giving too much away, I'm working something I intend to finish: Terry Gilliam's Godzilla (final title tbd).

At this point, I've freed up Gilliam via a moved up incident from otl and I know where I'm going with this, but I dont know if I should release the opening as a teaser or just release a large post with the title film in case the writer's block restricts further development. I do already have some small pods and wish for more ideas as I intend to at least take this to present day.

Any advice for the story or how to handle it, is much appreciated.

Thank you

Hello all

Without giving too much away, I'm working something I intend to finish: Terry Gilliam's Godzilla (final title tbd).

At this point, I've freed up Gilliam via a moved up incident from otl and I know where I'm going with this, but I dont know if I should release the opening as a teaser or just release a large post with the title film in case the writer's block restricts further development. I do already have some small pods and wish for more ideas as I intend to at least take this to present day.

Any advice for the story or how to handle it, is much appreciated.

Thank you

You could start with a premiere, then go into how Gilliam landed the film, casting, production details and then the post about the title film.

Question: if "The Dead Zone" is the story that asked "What if Lee Harvey Oswald was the good guy?", what would be the equivalent story that asks "What if Ted Bundy was the good guy?" Or would that still be "The Dead Zone", just not with a politician as the prime target?

What do you all think of the plausibility of mini-timeline featuring a Genndy Tartakovsky-created New Avengers cartoon premiering in 2006/2007? My thought is that, since Tartakovsky apparently began working on his Luke Cage comic in this timeframe, it wouldn't be much of a stretch for Marvel, who were already obviously in contact with him, to offer to work with him to develop a television series based on one of their properties.

Let's imagine he proposed creating a Luke Cage series (after all, that's the character he wanted to work on in the comics), but Marvel, hesitant that the character could carry his own cartoon at that point in time, suggest that he instead create a series based on the New Avengers, with a lineup consisting of Cage, as well as Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Sentry, and Wolverine. It's possible that such a show could become around as successful as the Batman or X-Men cartoons from the 1990s, which could certainly create some butterflies that affect Marvel Studios, 20th Century Fox, and Sony...

Expanding on my previous post, here's an idea I had for how Marvel could regain Spider-Man's merchandising rights from Sony several years ahead of schedule. It's a little convoluted, so bear with me.

Spider-Man 3 bombs worse than OTL. Sony is desperate to save the franchise, and quickly decide on some sort of reboot. The question becomes, with the film series in more dire straits than OTL, how should that reboot look?

Meanwhile, Fox is getting cold feet about James Cameron's Avatar. Remember, IOTL, the projected budget of the film was nearly such that the studio didn't go through with the project. Due to butterflies, a slightly different series of events causes Sony to come in and agree to cofinance the project to some degree, on one condition: Cameron has to produce the Spider-Man reboot (they probably won't have quite enough clout to demand that he directs). This does make logical sense - after all, it's a well-known fact that Cameron nearly directed a Spider-Man movie in the 1990s. Cameron eventually agrees, but on one condition: he'll only take up the project after Avatar is released.

Sony, determining that it'll be worth it to market a Spider-Man movie as "Presented by James Cameron", decides to agree to the deal. However, given that it'll be several years before he can focus on the project, and Sony doesn't want to risk the rights reverting to Marvel Studios, Sony and Marvel make a deal similar to OTL with the merchandising several years earlier. Thus, we get the Tartakovsky New Avengers series - Peter Parker included - in around 2008.