Pop Culture Timelines Go-To Thread

Jeff hunter stays on as captain pike in star trek

Assuming Star Trek does as well as it did in OTL then you have the issue of his intracranial hemorrhage on May 26, 1969 that lead to his death. Air date wise this is between "All Our Yesterdays" and "Turnabout Intruder".

There would be debate if NBC had killed the show or if Jeff hunter's death before the end of season three led to its cancellation.

Last edited:
What would it have taken for Robot Combat to become more popular after 1998 (When Series 1 of Robot Wars aired and the Second Wars was filming) and not fizzle out like OTL?

Since the POD for my American Magic was the early to mid 1950s when Disneyland was still in its planning stages, is there enough time for Walt to have received cancer treatment early, or is it too late?

What If Disney's 1989-90 proposed Port Disney project in Long Beach, California had gone through?

I could see long term effects for the local economy, Queen Mary, and the Anaheim resort...

What would Popular Culture look like without Prohibition?

If the US had not past the Prohibition in 1920 what would the effect have been on things like: organized crime's perception in media, booze cruises, Canada visits, jazz, wine making, black market, KKK, etc etc??

Hello, I want to start a thread about the 1960s british subculture, but before I must ask: There is any other thread about mods here in the forum?

Is it possible that Star Trek could have been sold in early 70's?

As I understand it there was a 'low point' after the Animated series where Paramount didn't particularly care for the show. Is it possible Trek could have been sold? And who to?

So, I had a pop culture-centered TL a few months ago that I sort of abandoned, one involving superhero movies, but I sort of abandoned it. However, I have plans for reviving the concept, but I also have a few questions I want to run by someone before I start it. If someone could PM me and we'll go from there, that'd be great.

Hello, I want to start a thread about the 1960s british subculture, but before I must ask: There is any other thread about mods here in the forum?

Mods pop culture or board mods?

Is it possible that Star Trek could have been sold in early 70's?

As I understand it there was a 'low point' after the Animated series where Paramount didn't particularly care for the show. Is it possible Trek could have been sold? And who to?

Rather unlikely. Hollywood doesn't give up (potentially) valuable IP like that, especially back then (also no one would want to buy it, given OG cast issues I suspect). Better to shelve it and bring it back. You could flip it and think about a buyer for Paramount?

So, I had a pop culture-centered TL a few months ago that I sort of abandoned, one involving superhero movies, but I sort of abandoned it. However, I have plans for reviving the concept, but I also have a few questions I want to run by someone before I start it. If someone could PM me and we'll go from there, that'd be great.

If it is box office, technology, casting & crew etc… I can help. Zero use on comic canon and related lol.

Last edited:
Here's a thought: you can reasonably do a "It's a Wonderful Life"-style timeline about "It's a Wonderful Life". Like, Capra being shown a world where he never made "It's a Wonderful Life". Like, one immediate knock-off effect that comes to mind involves Jimmy Stewart: he wanted to leave Hollywood because of his experiences with World War II, but this film convinced him to stay.

Alright, I have another ideas in mind, but it hinges on a slightly different CBS/Viacom split-up in 2005. I'm not sure my scenario, as it stands, is 100% plausible, so does anyone here have some knowledge about that?