Pervez's map thread

Administrative divisions
British Empire
Uganda

The Uganda Protectorate. Buganda, Bunyoro, Ankole, and Toro are the traditional tribal kingdoms of Uganda, Busoga, Lango, Teso, Bukedi, Bugisu, Sebei, and Kigezi are kingdoms created under British rule, and West Nile, Acholi and Karamoja had no unified leadership.

Uganda_Protectorate_British_administration.png

Alphonse V of Aragon
Aragon
Italy
Ladislaus of Naples
Naples
Presidi
Sicily

Alphonse V of Aragon, ruler of Sicily, conquered Naples from the Angevins in 1442. Not sure what the stuff about the Bourbons is supposed to be about, but 1735 is when the Spanish Bourbons took the 2 Sicilies from the Habsburgs.

Kingdom_of_Naples_origin_and_aquisitions.jpg

1912-13 London Conference
Albania
Austria-Hungary
Balkan League
Balkan Wars
Diplomacy
Epirus
Greece
Kosovo
Macedonia
Montenegro
Protocol of Florence
Provisional Government of Albania
Russia
Serbia
Territorial claims and demands
Tribes and clans

Translation of the map legend (top to bottom)

[Hoti] tribe or clan
Serbian aspiration (1912-13)
Austro-Hungarian proposal, 1912
Russian proposal, 1912
proposal of the Balkan League, 1913
demand of the Albanian provisional Government, 1913
decision of the conference of London, 1913
correction in Albania's favor, 1913

98.gif

Administrative divisions
Aftermath of WWI
Albania
Austria-Hungary
Epirus
Ethnicity and religion
First Yugoslavia
Greece
Italy
Kosovo
Macedonia
Montenegro

Provisional Government of Albania

Serbia

Vilayets

Translation of the map legend (top to bottom):

former Turkish vilayet border
frontiers, 1914
frontiers, 1922
direct Serb demand during World War I
southern border of Old Serbia
Greek claim after 1913
Italian occupation during World War I
demand of the Albanian provisional Government
land lost
land gained
Italian naval base [The island was annexed to Italy after WWI and returned to Albania after WWII.]

Inset a (1918 Austro-Hungarian census):

1) over 90% Albanian
2) 50-90% Albanian
3) no data

Inset b (religions):

1) Muslim
2) Roman Catholic
3) Greek Orthodox

192.gif

Keep in mind that this map is conflating the walls built by the Warring States (meant to defend from the northern barbarians as well as from each other; construction of the actual Great Wall began after Qin Shi Huangdi conquered the other states), those built by the foreign Liao and Jin Dynasties along their northern frontiers (native dynasties never ruled that far north) and the Inner Willow Palisade (built by the Qing to keep the Han Chinese of Liaodong away from Manchu lands) into the Great Wall of China. I guess I should've pointed that out when I posted it.

That's why it still exists, instead of being absorbed into Romania at the end of the cold war, the Russians and Ukrainians being so spread out.

No, that's not the reason. There's not enough of them to block a union, there's even fewer if you exclude the area controlled by the Transnistrian mafia-state and their numbers have been decreasing since the 1989 census. Romanians are currently at 70% in the whole country and 76% in the government-controlled area. The reason is that there's not enough support among the Romanian population of Moldova for a union. It's something we have to work on, and we were on the right track before the global financial crisis reached us. Fucking Lehman Bros.

Last edited:
No, that's not the reason. There's not enough of them to block a union, there's even fewer if you exclude the area controlled by the Transnistrian mafia-state and their numbers have been decreasing since the 1989 census. Romanians are currently at 70% in the whole country and 76% in the government-controlled area. The reason is that there's not enough support among the Romanian population of Moldova for a union. It's something we have to work on, and we were on the right track before the global financial crisis reached us. Fucking Lehman Bros.
I agree on Lehman bros, also didn't know that there was still work towards unity going on, good to know.

I agree on Lehman bros, also didn't know that there was still work towards unity going on, good to know.

"Work towards unity" basically meant making Romania a country worth joining, what with EU membership and our economy doing well. Now we're back to square 2, and if the EU goes sour we'll be back to square 1.

There's also the problem of Communists in Moldova beings a major party and against such an Union (it's the same ones who kept saying Moldovan is a different language than Romanian).
The country hasn't been able to elect a president since years because of them, as it must be elected by the parliament with 51% of the votes and neither the communists (alone) nor the liberas (in coalition) suceeded reaching past 50%, each time blocking each other from electing their designed candidates.

I heard it will be soon settled with a referendum, though. And with each elections the communists votes seem to decline.

Still, the Union won't happen untill Transniestra crisis is settled.

I'm glad they're losing votes but worry that economic troubles might bring them back on top. It'll be many years before a union becomes realistic and a lot can happen in that time.

Are you Romanian by any chance?

Clausen Line
Denmark
Germany
Schleswig
Tiedje Line

The Clausen Line was proposed by Danish historian Hans Victor Clausen in 1891 and has formed the German-Danish border since 1920; there may have been an initial proposal with Tondern/Tonder to the south of the line, someone who can handle the Danish or German Wikipedia could illuminate me on this. The Tiedje Line was proposed by German politician and pastor Johannes Tiedje in 1920.

Tiedje_Linie.jpg