Nice Reference Site(s)

I looked through this thread and couldn't find one thing, so hopefully it won't hurt to ask. Does anybody know of a site (bar Wikipedia :D) that would have information about various religions, especially their spread, rise and fall throughout history? preferrably with various denominations, I want to know what different branches of Christianity were there in the latter years of the Roman Empire, etc. Thanks :)

Hands Around the World

Hands Around the World feels that it is important to preserve the art, stories, myths, belief systems, details of day to day life, in short all aspects of Native American culture while we still can. This web site is an educational resource to introduce these unique indigenous tribes. We have provided web links to use as additional educational resources. We encourage you to browse this site to learn more about these interesting cultures.

But we still love you for it!:)

All give praise to the lord of the net, king of the links, dominator of women everywhere through the infamous LOVE chicken!:cool:

MrP

Banned
Ooh, excellent, Doc! :cool:

With the possible exception of MrP ;)

Nice link.

I'm enjoying Gen. Friedrich von Bernhardi's work, now. The good general reminds me of a slightly less militaristic version of our own Admiral Canaris. ;)

This desire for peace has rendered most civilized nations anemic, and marks a decay of spirit and political courage such as has often been shown by a race of Epigoni. "It has always been," H[einrich] von Treitschke tells us, "the weary, spiritless, and exhausted ages which have played with the dream of perpetual peace." [3]

Everyone will, within certain limits, admit that the endeavors to diminish the dangers of war and to mitigate the sufferings which war entails are justifiable. It is an incontestable fact that war temporarily disturbs industrial life, interrupts quiet economic development, brings widespread misery with it, and emphasizes the primitive brutality of man. It is therefore a most desirable consummation if wars for trivial reasons should be rendered impossible, and if efforts are made to restrict the evils which follow necessarily in the train of war, so far as is compatible with the essential nature of war. All that the Hague Peace Congress has accomplished in this limited sphere deserves, like every permissible humanization of war, universal acknowledgment. But it is quite another matter if the object is to abolish war entirely, and to deny its necessary place in historical development.

Thande

Donor
I'm enjoying Gen. Friedrich von Bernhardi's work, now. The good general reminds me of a slightly less militaristic version of our own Admiral Canaris. ;)

Sounds more like a more coherent version of Rommy and the other "Europe is at peace! Waaaaah!" crowd than Canaris to me ;)

Thande

Donor
I'm in a phase of skipping Rommy's posts again, I fear. ;)

Oh, I fed him to the Ignore Dragon in 2005 and, barring the odd annoying quoter, have been dwelling in a blissfully Rommy-free state ever since ;) But the fact that he never changes in any way means my references are still topical.

MrP

Banned
Oh, I fed him to the Ignore Dragon in 2005 and, barring the odd annoying quoter, have been dwelling in a blissfully Rommy-free state ever since ;) But the fact that he never changes in any way means my references are still topical.

:D :D :D :D

Ooh, excellent, Doc! :cool:

I concur muchly. :cool:

He does have rather a Dawkins-esque style to his writing: "Find the topic that will annoy people the most. Write about it, dismissing your opponents as idiots. Watch the books magically transform into wads of cash as you are alternately lambasted and praised."

MrP

Banned
I concur muchly. :cool:

He does have rather a Dawkins-esque style to his writing: "Find the topic that will annoy people the most. Write about it, dismissing your opponents as idiots. Watch the books magically transform into wads of cash as you are alternately lambasted and praised."

Richard Dawkins is really a long-lived German general! It all makes sense now! :D

For you Pacific War lovers. Diehard lovers.
Here is a military page that's really complete, details the Japanese Army and Navy AND secret weapons.
UNFORTUNATELY IT'S IN JAPANESE! Diehards needing info can grind it through Google Translator/ BabelFish.

http://military.sakura.ne.jp/

Have fun translating.