Nice Reference Site(s)

This is probably the best place to put this.

I've just created a Spreadsheet doing a bit of statistical analysis to produce the most likely names to be given to children in the House of Windsor, based on the previous pattern.

So I stumbled across these and thought "Damn it, why did Mac have to go and get himself banned?"

Soviet Forces and Capabilities in the Southern Theatre of Military Operations (a CIA document outlining Soviet capabilities for various scenarios involving Iran, Pakistan and the Persian Gulf littoral states)

Invasion Of Iran Simulated Mock Raid Staged By Soviets In 1980

What is most interesting is to compare the maps in the first link with the historical invasions in 1941 by the British and Soviets and the staff studies done by the Soviets in the 1940s (see here (and full image), here (full image), and here (with full images 1 and 2)

Is there any way to contact him and send him this stuff so he could revise his Soviet Invasion of Iran, 1981 and The Caspian Shore: A Soviet Invasion of Iran, 1981 Prequel stories if he wanted?

Thomas27

Banned
A nice site to follow easily, emergencies and disaters accros the world:
http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

The map have 4 diffrents layers.
You can click on each event to have more detail. In this details you can have some usefull link like the USGS for volcanics and other geologic events.

Under the map you can see events list and information by categories.

Hope you'll like it.

So I stumbled across these and thought "Damn it, why did Mac have to go and get himself banned?"

Soviet Forces and Capabilities in the Southern Theatre of Military Operations (a CIA document outlining Soviet capabilities for various scenarios involving Iran, Pakistan and the Persian Gulf littoral states)

Invasion Of Iran Simulated Mock Raid Staged By Soviets In 1980

Do you know if they have any detailed information out there on the United States color-coded war plans? I'd love to see maps on how all those wars could have played out.

VT45

Banned
Here's a good reference site for those of you that want to make bathymetric maps, or maps with accurately lowered sea levels: the NOAA online chart viewer. Currently, the following regions have charts viewable online:
North America
West Africa
Mediterranean
Black Sea
East Asia
Southeastern Russia
Philippines

This site ( http://www.geo.msu.edu/geogmich/Americans.html ) displays a couple of maps showing colonial America and early United States (proposed boundaries).

british-era-1763-75.jpg

american-era-1775-1815.jpg

Furthermore, this site ( http://etc.usf.edu/maps/index.htm ) has some nice maps for resources. For example...

2402.jpg

Complete History of the Metis

Nice site full of history on the Metis from the first French settlements to the 2000s. It has lots of names, genealogy, and historical overview. Great resource for the often hard to find info on the colonial trade with Native Americans, aside from the often these overlooked people in regards to AH.

Thande

Donor
Map I made, based on this census data, of church membership by state in the USA in 1890. Note some of the pluralities are VERY narrow and some of the Midwest states are split very evenly between a lot of denominations.

US religious composition by state 1890.png

http://www.davidrumsey.com/luna/ser...No_InitialSort,Pub_Date,Pub_List_No,Series_No

Map of world religions from 1854. Unlike most of the old ones I've seen, this is in colour. And interestingly, they use the exact same colour scheme as the modern Times Atlas of World History, so I wonder if those maps can trace a direct line of descent from this one...
Its interesting, because in the language map in this one, they show Basque as a "Keltic" language, while there is no German in the Germanic language group, I assume that is what Saxon is called, if so, I was not aware of that.

Its interesting, because in the language map in this one, they show Basque as a "Keltic" language, while there is no German in the Germanic language group, I assume that is what Saxon is called, if so, I was not aware of that.
As well as the "Greco-Latin" family.

Thande

Donor

I think they were using Saxon as a poetic name for German, like "Teutonic" sometimes is (Susano used to rant about that when he was here).

People were still arguing about what the Basques were ethnically and linguistically in the 19th century.