Mexico Ascendant: The Tale of a Failed Texan Revolution

okay, didn't see that in the notes. I'd still think that if the US is going to go into this war, they would still be leery of taking on too much at once... maybe more hold the line in Canada/spoiler attacks, and spend most of their military strength on driving into the CSA, the nation they hate the most. As it stands now, the USA is going to take yet another drubbing and (hopefully) will see the end to their (really out of place) aggressiveness. And then we'll get back to seeing what's going on in Mexico...
But the British forces in Canada/Canadian Army + The Confederate Army is pretty equal to the US forces... They're pretty evenly matched.

But the British forces in Canada/Canadian Army + The Confederate Army is pretty equal to the US forces... They're pretty evenly matched.
:) But looking at how the US has done in the rest of your timeline... yeah, they are going to get beaten. Hell, they couldn't beat Mexico when they outnumbered them...

Deleted member 67076

:) But looking at how the US has done in the rest of your timeline... yeah, they are going to get beaten. Hell, they couldn't beat Mexico when they outnumbered them...
I dunno, its been several decades. The doctrine of war should be different, and the US is an industrial power with a large population. All of these provide it with significant advantages in comparison to Canada and the soon to implode Confederates. (The latter I give 2 years before it falls to warlords, rebellions, mass defections, and possibly communist uprisings)

I dunno, its been several decades. The doctrine of war should be different, and the US is an industrial power with a large population. All of these provide it with significant advantages in comparison to Canada and the soon to implode Confederates. (The latter I give 2 years before it falls to warlords, rebellions, mass defections, and possibly communist uprisings)
possibly, but the USA here is also a lot poorer and lacking in resources (one of which is oil)... I could see them beating the CSA, but not the tag team of CSA/UK/Germany...

possibly, but the USA here is also a lot poorer and lacking in resources (one of which is oil)... I could see them beating the CSA, but not the tag team of CSA/UK/Germany...

...save that the UK and Germany are busy fighting a war against TTL's aggressive expansionist mega-France in Europe (all those subjugated Rhinelanders, good God!), and, frankly, for any nation, a war against a nearby great power which threatens their existence is always going to be a far higher priority than a war against "a faraway country of which we know nothing".

...save that the UK and Germany are busy fighting a war against TTL's aggressive expansionist mega-France in Europe (all those subjugated Rhinelanders, good God!), and, frankly, for any nation, a war against a nearby great power which threatens their existence is always going to be a far higher priority than a war against "a faraway country of which we know nothing".
for the moment. But the US has been stymied in it's initial attacks, and doesn't seem to be going anywhere... if the UK/Germany gets their act together and beats France, then the USA is in some serious trouble...

for the moment. But the US has been stymied in it's initial attacks, and doesn't seem to be going anywhere... if the UK/Germany gets their act together and beats France, then the USA is in some serious trouble...

Perhaps. But if that happens, I doubt it will be a short victorious war; they'll probably be too exhausted to put in the effort to inflict a great deal of damage on the United States; the most they'd aim for, I daresay, is an indemnity (to help them pay off some war debts), maybe a few minor border adjustments, and otherwise status quo ante bellum.

Perhaps. But if that happens, I doubt it will be a short victorious war; they'll probably be too exhausted to put in the effort to inflict a great deal of damage on the United States; the most they'd aim for, I daresay, is an indemnity (to help them pay off some war debts), maybe a few minor border adjustments, and otherwise status quo ante bellum.
possible. Considering how the US has gone almost nowhere in it's attempted conquests, I wonder if maybe the whole war will be called off for lack of interest... :)

possible. Considering how the US has gone almost nowhere in it's attempted conquests, I wonder if maybe the whole war will be called off for lack of interest... :)

It's not that bad.

I mean, OTL, the UK always knew they lose Canada in a big war with the US. (What I read from War Plan Red.) And they all busy fighting mega-France. Heck, I bet London would be willing to give up Canada, and throw the CSA under the bus (And nothing of value was lost.) after it, and Germany is done with France.

The UK still has India, Australia–New Zealand, and a hell of a lot of Africa. They also Norway, Sweden, the Dutch, and many other allies.

Russia, even with more money, would suffer from it's size, ego, and bad military planning. (Tannenberg anyone?) More money would fix all the issues Russia suffer from for years. It also has Japan to deal with.

The French will suffer from victory disease big time, and they will suffer from it so much.

Last edited:
I mean. The French are ruling a very large population of subjugated German-speaking Rhinelanders. This is non-trivial, especially since the Germans are likely to attack the Rhineland so much of the war in Western Europe is likely to take place there.

If Russia performs as poorly as OTL Russia, there's not much question of who will win the war. But there are reasons why OTL Russia performed so poorly. The Russia of Tannenberg is not inevitable.

I mean. The French are ruling a very large population of subjugated German-speaking Rhinelanders. This is non-trivial, especially since the Germans are likely to attack the Rhineland so much of the war in Western Europe is likely to take place there.

If Russia performs as poorly as OTL Russia, there's not much question of who will win the war. But there are reasons why OTL Russia performed so poorly. The Russia of Tannenberg is not inevitable.

Argee. I do think Russia will better, but only to a point. A reason why it was so backward by 1914 was because it was so big, and all the nobles, and all that.

Was they a war between Russia,and Japan? Russia did a lot of reforms after losing to Japan, but if they is no Russo-Japanese War like event...can't say I did not say I pity the Russian Army.

Just a quick update on the situation in Europe, I know you guys want more Mexico, so I made this one smaller so I could devote more energy to the upcoming Mexico update.
24: Die Wacht am Rhine
Canadian_Scottish_at_Canal_du_Nord_Sept_1918_IWM_CO_3289.jpg
The European theater of the Great War began with much fanfare, with many believing it to be a quick conflict. This included much of the leadership on both sides. The French had devised the so-called “Joffre Plan”, named after French general Joseph Jacques Césaire Joffre. The plan called for a quick push through the Netherlands to push into the German heartland, forcing them to sue for peace. That was the idea, at least.

When war was declared, French troops initially pushed through the poorly defended Dutch border, and had quickly taken Amsterdam and entered German territory. However, here is where the advance stop. The brave German defenders held off the French offensives long enough for British reinforcements to arrive. Here, despite for a few small German offensives across the Rhine and into French territory, the front became fixed.

On the Eastern Front, combined German and Austro-Hungarian forces managed to stop a Russian breakthrough in Galicia, and pushed into Poland and the Baltics. Despite being pushed back on the Romanian front, Austria-Hungary made gains in Serbia. Italian troops battled alongside Austro-Hungarians in Montenegro and the areas of Greece and Albania that bordered Bulgaria. And in the Alps French and Italians faced off. This warfare was especially brutal, and while the Italians advanced a bit, they were mainly pyrrhic victories.
alliances frontlines.png

State of the frontlines in Europe

Interesting. My money's still on the Central Powers. Hmm, at least the African front seems to be clearly in their favor compared to Europe's stalemate, if they already got the Suez and Tunisia. I'm guessing Portugal may soon be also staging a landing in Morocco or something as well, unless they focus more in Europe itself.

Interesting. My money's still on the Central Powers. Hmm, at least the African front seems to be clearly in their favor compared to Europe's stalemate, if they already got the Suez and Tunisia. I'm guessing Portugal may soon be also staging a landing in Morocco or something as well, unless they focus more in Europe itself.
Yea, I want to get to an update about the African Front, but people want more Mexico so the next update will focus on them. Nonetheless, there will definitely be more about Africa.