Medieval America Tk II: Discussion Thread

Is it okay if I do something on North Carolina?
Also, what is the status of Jews in this TL? Do they have any enclaves? (I like the idea of a Floridian Jewish colony)

MrP

Banned
It seems this project is no longer being updated. Pity, because I find it quite interesting. Any volunteers to pick up the torch?

It seems this project is no longer being updated. Pity, because I find it quite interesting. Any volunteers to pick up the torch?
The original version of this project is whatngot me interested in the site... I don't want to see it die but I also have limited time.

So far, most of the United States is done. But I wanted to add a few more things. Open criticism is welcome.

This is from the last thread that I thought was interesting, so I brought it here:

The Pagan community in Billing Yellowstone

After the Regression, many pagan religions sprang out of the American west, pushing away other religions out of their land. But the paganism bloom was only temporary. Paganism had ground, because every other religion was kicked out in the west, and any other religion couldn't reach to pagan lands, or they didn't have the motivation. But after religions and countries started to organize themselves, American Paganism was toast. Community after community was massacred, and the remaining Pagans came to the Yellowstone-Billings area to rebuild. As soon as Cowboys in the east heard of this, they attacked. But because the Cowboys completely underestimated the Pagans, seeing them as a lost cause, they lost. Pretty badly. This gave the Pagans time to make a revival in their New land. Deseret/Utah was too busy fighting with Columbians and other powers coming from everywhere around them, so they didn't have time to attack the Pagans. And by the time any Anti-Pagan was ready to exterminate the Pagans once again, they were met with an organized armies, well fortified cities, and people that were ready for them to come.

Another one I thought of. It's kind of like a counter to the Colorado Muslim State idea.

The Colorado Mountain clans

In the vast mountains of Colorado, fleeing Muslims fled to the Colorado mountains to seek refuge. Most were killed during or traveling to the mountains, and the remaining Muslims who were actually successful at making a state were short lived, as other Coloradans and Cowboys crusaded them to death. In the years following, Coloradans tried to remain in relative isolation. Many other armies invaded Colorado for their strategic advantages, and despite hearing that Muslims that fled to the mountains were instantly cut down, many people tried to flee or settle there. Most of the time, armies, refugees, and settlers were unsuccessful at their goals, some had managed to create their own clan in the Coloradan mountains.

i'd be up for it. probably be a good idea to make a whole new thread for it.

It looks like there's still interest. And I'm still interested! Although I don't know if I'll stay interested (plans for a standalone TL), we definitely should make a new thread for this.

Agreed.

I say we declare all of the content thus far written on the lands east of the Cowboys noncanon to give us a fresh start.

Medieval America Tk. 2: Canonical Posts

General Information

Trade Map
War Zones
Alphabets of North America

The Plains

Nomadic Herdsmen
Horse Archers
New Israelite
Here There Be Monsters: The Jackalope
Notable Cowboy Tribes
Cowboys and Trade
Iowa Territory

The Desert

Irrigation
Hydraulic Empires
The Church of Scientology
History of Scientology
The Clarises
Village Priests and the Holy Letters
The Californias
Languages in California
Foreign and Military Relations of the Republic of California I II III IV V VI
The California Republic: View from the Top
The Free Zone's Government
Food and Farming in the Free Zone
Far Southern and Baja California
Bajo Colorado
Baja California
The Mormons Post-Regression
The State of Deseret
New Age
Here There Be Monsters: The Grey
The Dineh State of New Mexico
Heresy in the West: Part 1
Heresy in the West: Part 2
The Five States of Islamistan

Pacific Northwest

Northwesterners
Cities and States and City States: Cascadia

Dixie

The Georgian Lord's Prayer

The Heartland

Iowa Territory

The Piedmont[/i]

The Northeast

St. Lawrence

I think it is about time to make a new thread. If I had a quarter of a brain, I would do it, but unfortunately, I feel that I would not be able to put forth the effort that spearheading this project deserves and we would need someone more committed to do so. Any takers?