Medieval America Co-op Project

Can i take Morocco and Algeria?

And a question: What about future Islam?
Syria on the map?

Sure, make some moroccan an algerian nations. Just remember not to give them too much desert - the only areas they could really control would be the fertile coastal regions.

I'm not sure if we have discussed the future direction of Islam - it seems too easy a flame war will start.

I'm not sure why Syria isn't on the map, but you can put it on if you want.

EDIT: How are my nations on Sulawesi?

Last edited:
For Marocco and Algeria i'm thinking to some kind of migration from african people and/or Tuareg.

Sure, make some moroccan an algerian nations. Just remember not to give them too much desert - the only areas they could really control would be the fertile coastal regions.

I'm not sure if we have discussed the future direction of Islam - it seems too easy a flame war will start.

I'm not sure why Syria isn't on the map, but you can put it on if you want.

EDIT: How are my nations on Sulawesi?
Sulawesi looks good. I'm holding off on making an updated map until India's been reworked and China's expanded (since I'll need to modify Afganistan and Vladivostok when that happens).

If in Sahara situation worse than in the present and Sahel become a part of Sahara we can immagine some sort of migration to the coasts.
I'm thinking to arabian/berber cauntries ruled by malindi(and/or other sahelian nationalities) aristocracy(like ours Goths).

I have put Syria on the map.
I'm thinking.

Can Syria goes down to acquire northern Arabia and Jordania?

MedWorld1.png

Sultanate of Tunisia

The Sultanate of Tunisia controls in Tunisia and the Libyan coast.
After the age of Wonders the coast of Africa was affected by one of the worst migration of people in its history.
The desert was advancing unopposed and Tuareg nomads poured on more fertile coast.
The people of the coast was, in turn, forced to migrate north.
For most, in Italy.
At home, meanwhile, the Tuareg installed themselves as a ruling class of the country.
Ar-Rahil become firts Tuareg Sultan of Tunis.
They became masters of all Tunisia and also gained the support of their brothers in Algeria and Morocco.
Libya, however, was conquered militarily by the third Sultan Rashid Ar-Rahil.
The Arab element, however, was cornered and forced to live in a state of inferiority.
Expatriates, the Arabs who had migrated to Europe, both during the era of the wonders that during the days of destruction, meanwhile, had made themselves ​​strong.
By new conquests in Italy looked at their brethren in the south and desire for liberation.
Amir Muhammad Al-Wazzal, lord of Sicily and Reggio Calabria, decided to return to Tunisia.
The invasion of Tunisia from Sicily was so epic and Muhammad was also called "The Lion of Sicily" (As-Asad Siqillya or, in neo-Arab Al-Asad Sikela).
Today Tusia is the largest and most powerful sultanate of Magheb.
Still ruled by descendants of the "Lion".
Involved in the fight against the crusaders for control of southern Italy had to practically abandon Morocco and Algeria to their fate.

I have put Syria on the map.
I'm thinking.

Can Syria goes down to acquire northern Arabia and Jordania?
First of all, that map is outdated.

Second, those borders are too artificial.

Finally, no, they can't. Syria is as large as it can be while remaining "Syria"

Tsao

Banned
Thibet, Pt. 1

The mountains of far Thibet have long been isolated from the outside world, and have, for thousands of years, persevered against foreign invasion and subjugation. When the Fall came and the Red Empire's soldiers withdrew to deal with peasant revolts at home, the villages of Thibet remained idle and complacent, unsure what to do with their newfound freedom. The Dalai Lama, the God-King and Saviour of the nation, had yet to return from the lands beyond Nepal, and the Red administrators soon found themselves in an uncomfortable position, cut off from their homeland in a land of hostile and impoverished peasants. For the next few decades, the nation remained gripped by anarchy and warlordism, with each village having a different ruler than the next. Lhasa herself remained in the grip of the Chinese warlord Ren Ao, a former Chin general who had not fled during the Years of Troubles. For the longest time, Thibet remained a poor and fractured nation with the only benevolent force within the land being the monks of the old order, who the warlords and their soldiers dared not touch.

Then, five hundred years after the Fall and four hundre and forty years after the ascension of the Chin general Ba Gui (a lieutenant of Ren's son) to the throne in Lhasa, something changed.

From the fortress village of Gyatso in the south rose a great warrior and messiah, whose name was soon to become a blessing (for some, a curse) on the people's lips: Yi Laiwen (Avgan Yi). He killed the corrupt local magistrate, and claiming to be the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama, seized the town with a force of peasants and monks. Preaching with fire and sword, Yi's army swept north and south, east and west, slaughtering all that came against them, and giving land and bread to the poor peasantry. Fanatical Buddhist monks painted their faces black and red and rampaged through the country, killing landlords and corrupt officials. When the Chin lord of Lhasa Tsai Chiung heard of this threat, he raised a massive host, and prepared for the defence of the city. The armies of Yi came like a black horde, and the two forces met outside the city gates. The day was won by the force of Yi, and the battle concluded with the fearsome prophet throwing the decapitated head of his enemy Tsai into a deep well. The city was stormed, the Chin minority fled, and Yi rode through the streets of Lhasa as the conquering warrior.

The monasteries were reopened, and crowds of frightened farmers and villagers cheered the new ruler, who took Potala Palace as his residence and the late Tsai's daughter as his wife. Since then, the dynasty of Yi has ruled Lhasa, and few have disputed this in the past few centuries (though there have been ambitious generals and governors). The city was restored to her former glory, and massive statues were constructed in honor of the new Dalai Lama, who twisted old beliefs to center around himself.

With the dynasty of Yi entrenched in Lhasa and the rest of Thibet relatively united, the new ruler began to reorganize the broken provinces system within the nation.....

((More coming on Thibet (and possibly one of the Chinese states) at a later date....))

Thibet, Pt. 1

The mountains of far Thibet have long been isolated from the outside world, and have, for thousands of years, persevered against foreign invasion and subjugation. When the Fall came and the Red Empire's soldiers withdrew to deal with peasant revolts at home, the villages of Thibet remained idle and complacent, unsure what to do with their newfound freedom. The Dalai Lama, the God-King and Saviour of the nation, had yet to return from the lands beyond Nepal, and the Red administrators soon found themselves in an uncomfortable position, cut off from their homeland in a land of hostile and impoverished peasants. For the next few decades, the nation remained gripped by anarchy and warlordism, with each village having a different ruler than the next. Lhasa herself remained in the grip of the Chinese warlord Ren Ao, a former Chin general who had not fled during the Years of Troubles. For the longest time, Thibet remained a poor and fractured nation with the only benevolent force within the land being the monks of the old order, who the warlords and their soldiers dared not touch.

Then, five hundred years after the Fall and four hundre and forty years after the ascension of the Chin general Ba Gui (a lieutenant of Ren's son) to the throne in Lhasa, something changed.

From the fortress village of Gyatso in the south rose a great warrior and messiah, whose name was soon to become a blessing (for some, a curse) on the people's lips: Yi Laiwen (Avgan Yi). He killed the corrupt local magistrate, and claiming to be the reincarnation of the Dalai Lama, seized the town with a force of peasants and monks. Preaching with fire and sword, Yi's army swept north and south, east and west, slaughtering all that came against them, and giving land and bread to the poor peasantry. Fanatical Buddhist monks painted their faces black and red and rampaged through the country, killing landlords and corrupt officials. When the Chin lord of Lhasa Tsai Chiung heard of this threat, he raised a massive host, and prepared for the defence of the city. The armies of Yi came like a black horde, and the two forces met outside the city gates. The day was won by the force of Yi, and the battle concluded with the fearsome prophet throwing the decapitated head of his enemy Tsai into a deep well. The city was stormed, the Chin minority fled, and Yi rode through the streets of Lhasa as the conquering warrior.

The monasteries were reopened, and crowds of frightened farmers and villagers cheered the new ruler, who took Potala Palace as his residence and the late Tsai's daughter as his wife. Since then, the dynasty of Yi has ruled Lhasa, and few have disputed this in the past few centuries (though there have been ambitious generals and governors). The city was restored to her former glory, and massive statues were constructed in honor of the new Dalai Lama, who twisted old beliefs to center around himself.

With the dynasty of Yi entrenched in Lhasa and the rest of Thibet relatively united, the new ruler began to reorganize the broken provinces system within the nation.....

((More coming on Thibet (and possibly one of the Chinese states) at a later date....))
Sorry I didn't comment earlier, but looks good.

Now then, I have a proposal for the people who have participated or want to participate. Would it be beneficial to split this thread into an entry thread and a discussion thread?

Okay, the last real addition was in February, and the one before that was in October. What I'd like to know is, are people interested in seeing this continue? And if so, would a reboot of the project be necessary to attract new contributions?

If nobody responds, I'll assume this project, fun while it lasted, should be laid to rest.

Okay, the last real addition was in February, and the one before that was in October. What I'd like to know is, are people interested in seeing this continue? And if so, would a reboot of the project be necessary to attract new contributions?

If nobody responds, I'll assume this project, fun while it lasted, should be laid to rest.

I had some stuff written about little monarchies in place of present day Slovakia, but it needs a bit more writing until its finished. I haven't covered the entirety of the country yet.

PLEASE!

I love love looooooove this. Don't let it die, good sir!

PLEASE!

I love love looooooove this. Don't let it die, good sir!
And I'd like to keep it alive, but I need are suggestions on how to do that. I did make one suggestion back in April (Split it up into an entry thread and a contribution thread), but I'd like to hear other ideas.

I know this is more than a month old, but I think that suggests that this thing is dead. It's got a bit too incoherent and disorganised, to be honest.

My suggestion is to make a brand new thread with a brand new title; it's a world project, after all.

In the first post, give a link to this thread, a brief outline of the background. We don't have to be specific on what caused the apocalypse, but can we at least give some hints as to what direction it took: Was it a slow decline or an instant dissolution? Do memories of that time exist as history, legends, or is it forgotten altogether? Did we see large scale population movements?

The answer to these questions doesn't really matter; it just gives a framework to build with.

As a side note, please can we have a name for the apocalypse? I used the term Regression, which I think fits nicely.

Having two threads, a discussion thread and a submissions thread, would really help.

Also, I think we should hold off on posting any nations until we have a discussion in the discussion thread on several key issues, namely:

-How wide a range of political systems exist in this world? Does democracy still exist on a level above the city-state? (I can see it survivng in Australia and New Zealand, for example)
-How much Trans-Atlantic travel is there, or Trans-Pacific? Is there none at all, with the americas once again cut off from the rest of the world?
-Linked to the one above, what exact kind of tech level are we talking about. 'Medieval' can refer to anything between around 800 and 1500 AD, and a lot changed in that time. Maritime technology in particular needs to be considered. Is this world soon to see gunpowder, or does it have it in limited use already?
-What relics have survived of the past? The Pyramids will still be there, as will Mount Rushmore; but for everything in between, what is it like? Certain cities, if they became overgrown, would become pretty impassable. Do any bridges remain usable?

Finally, for the love of god, can people please give a bit more than a sentence describing each nation? At the very least, talk about it's relationship to it's neighbours and where it is in power/economic rankings. Just so we can get an idea of how the world meshes together.

That's what I think we should do. Feel free to take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Writers. Who wants to band together and do a short 'anthology' set in Medieval America, either this one or the original.