MCXII - Map 6 - South America/Camarina

Well I don't know. I think it would be better if you kept to the Andres and then have the land south of the Desaguadero River, leaving the Pampas for other nations.

Um. Well, I started to do that, and...it looked super awkward and unnatural. Like it was suddenly cut off, leaving an even more rectangular gap in between it and the added-on area and Patagonia. Uh, there are plenty of Pampas left in Argentina and Brazil to claim, too...but, if anyone has a particular country they want and you think it should have some more of the Argentinian Pampas, just let me know.

Well I don't know. I think it would be better if you kept to the Andres and then have the land south of the Colorado River, leaving the Pampas for other nations.

Er...that doesn't even include areas held by Peru and Bolivia OTL, which would almost certainly be included. But like I said above, if anyone has any specific conflict, I'd be happy to compromise...

Wait, yeah. For some reason, his map didn't show up right away for me. But now it doesn't look like there should be a problem; his country should be a strong counterweight to mine.

Claiming after Jkarr.

Sorry about the problems I had with being on time for the Europe map. AP Euro is killing all the time I used to have on here.

The Three Kingdoms of Nova Graecia

MCXII.png

Last edited:

Sumeragi

Banned
Generic Chinese/Japanese Immigrant State (Basically, instead of all those East Asians spreading, they were moved to the same area, becoming the majority)

Camarina2.PNG

Last edited:
Generic Chinese/Japanese Immigrant State

...really? Can there be no other backstory? North America is sort of believable, but East Asian states on the east coast of South America? Take a look at this map:
OceanCurrentsUSNOO.gif

Sailing there from from China is going to be inconvenient as hell. Sailing there from Europe will be easy as cake.

(I realize that the Dutch brought Indonesian workers to Guyana in OTL, but they controlled both areas. Japan and China are both a mess here, but neither of them are being run as colonies by European powers.)

Edit: Basically, I think that there are far more likely places for them to end up. Why not have something different here?

Claiming after Jkarr.

Sorry about the problems I had with being on time for the Europe map. AP Euro is killing all the time I used to have on here.

The Three Kingdoms of Nova Graecia

AP Euro...c'mon, that class was easy! You don't get to complain until you take APUSH! :p (Assuming its difficulty was not entirely due to the teacher I had...)

Sumeragi

Banned
...really? Can there be no other backstory? North America is sort of believable, but East Asian states on the east coast of South America? Take a look at this map:

Sailing there from from China is going to be inconvenient as hell. Sailing there from Europe will be easy as cake.

(I realize that the Dutch brought Indonesian workers to Guyana in OTL, but they controlled both areas. Japan and China are both a mess here, but neither of them are being run as colonies by European powers.)

Edit: Basically, I think that there are far more likely places for them to end up. Why not have something different here?
Without getting too much into stuff.... There were plenty of Chinese and Japanese going to Argentina and Brazil in OTL. Have them all move north for safety (especially because of the conflicts in Republic of Tupi-Parana), and that might be the result.

Also, remember Alberto Fujimori? He's a member of the second largest ethnic Japanese population (90,000) in Latin America after Brazil (1.5 million). Since I excpet there to the hostilities between the Japanese states and Peru around the turn of the century, all those immigrants could go northeast in search of safety.

Without getting too much into stuff.... There were plenty of Chinese and Japanese going to Argentina and Brazil in OTL. Have them all move north for safety (especially because of the conflicts in Republic of Tupi-Parana), and that might be the result.

Also, remember Alberto Fujimori? He's a member of the second largest ethnic Japanese population (90,000) in Latin America after Brazil (1.5 million). Since I excpet there to the hostilities between the Japanese states and Peru around the turn of the century, all those immigrants could go northeast in search of safety.

But in OTL, most of that immigration seems to have started in the 1900's--if similar patterns hold in this world, the trend is very recent. If there are tensions between Peru and the Japanese states at around that same time, then South America would not be an attractive destination. (Indeed, you might get "Japanese Exclusion Acts, or similar.) Why not go to the existing North American Asian diaspora states?

But let's say there was more immigration, or earlier, or both. Regardless, the previous inhabitants of this northeastern state are probably not going to be thrilled when they are swamped by these refugees. It's a small country, not like the OTL US or TTL Peru, so opportunities are going to be limited. Unless conditions in Peru, Tupi-Parana, and all the other countries in South America are ludicrously bad, I think a lot of the Asian immigrants will stick it out. (Discrimination in the US got pretty bad, but did everyone move to Cuba in response? No. Offhand, I can't think of any parallels to the sorts of movements being suggested here...)

Now, maybe an Asian-plurality state, with a lot of those being recent immigrants fleeing anti-Asian pogroms in an unspecified nearby country... that I could maybe see. There will be political tensions out the wazoo between the newcomers, the Europeans, any Africans, and the surviving natives. I don't think it would be a fun place, or a safe place... but it could be an interesting place, and maybe a plausible one.

Sumeragi

Banned
Now, maybe an Asian-plurality state, with a lot of those being recent immigrants fleeing anti-Asian pogroms in an unspecified nearby country... that I could maybe see. There will be political tensions out the wazoo between the newcomers, the Europeans, any Africans, and the surviving natives. I don't think it would be a fun place, or a safe place... but it could be an interesting place, and maybe a plausible one.
Exactly what I had in mind. I was just doing a very simple summary for the nation :D

Um. Well, I started to do that, and...it looked super awkward and unnatural. Like it was suddenly cut off, leaving an even more rectangular gap in between it and the added-on area and Patagonia. Uh, there are plenty of Pampas left in Argentina and Brazil to claim, too...but, if anyone has a particular country they want and you think it should have some more of the Argentinian Pampas, just let me know.

For me, the north end is the most overwanked. That's a mighty huge stretch of land for any power to control for any length of time. Here's a humble compromise suggestion, plus a claim, plus a proposal for the Amazon.

Claim: Corrigan, more properly the Collective Empire of the Corriganians, a country with a raucous republican government despite its name. If the MC12 world suffers from too little democracy, Corrigan may suffer from too much. Elections are nasty affairs with dueling not uncommon. The empire is allso an up-and-coming economic powerhouse with high aspirations, not the least of which is recovering its Pacific coastline. A force for instability in Camarina. Think of it as a Chaotic Neutral.

nb The ABC Islands are still purple; that's intentional. Damned Peruvians.

Proposal: The Cinnamon Basin Condominium, a joint project of Peru and Nova Graecia.

mc12sudamerica.png

Last edited:
For me, the north end is the most overwanked. That's a mighty huge stretch of land for any power to control for any length of time. Here's a humble compromise suggestion, plus a claim, plus a proposal for the Amazon.

Claim: Corrigan, more properly the Collective Empire of the Corriganians, a country with a raucous republican government despite its name. If the MC12 world suffers from too little democracy, Corrigan may suffer from too much. Elections are nasty affairs with dueling not uncommon. The empire is allso an up-and-coming economic powerhouse with high aspirations, not the least of which is recovering its Pacific coastline. A force for instability in Camarina. Think of it as a Chaotic Neutral.

nb The ABC Islands are still purple; that's intentional. Damned Peruvians.

Proposal: The Cinnamon Basin Condominium, a joint project of Peru and Nova Graecia.

That coastal trip was looking a tad narrow, so I made it a bit wider using a river. I think the border looks better now, too. I think it would actually make more sense for Corrigan to have gained independence from Peru shortly after Peru's own independence...like Central America from Mexico? That is, the Viceroyalty of New Granada (or whatever it would be in this TL) joined Peru to begin with, but a decade later the local government decided they'd had enough and declared independence - but Peru kept the coastal regions?

32ibr.png