Map Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
revolution_of_primorsky_krai_by_myygz_de0nv4t-fullview.jpg

Inspired by the plan proposed by Chinese ultranationalists:
Q: "How to recover the Primorsky Krai where there're too many Russians?"
A: "Encourage 100 million Chinese to immigrate to Primorsky then stage a revolt like what Republic of Texas did in 1836"
This country was preceded by Primorsky Krai of Russian People's Tsardom (Tsarina of All Russia: Catherine III), and succeeded by Binhai Russian Autonomous Region(BRAR) and province of Jilin and Heilongjiang.
Outer Dongbei means the region so-called Outer Manchuria, but actually she only controlled Primorsky Krai and changes "Vladivostok" to its original Chinese name "海参崴"(Hǎi shēn wǎi ). The Eastern Military District of Russia invaded Outer Dongbei P.R. and sieged Vladivostok which triggered Sino-Russian War and Third World War. Although PLA controlled small part of Jewish Autonomous Oblast, the nuclear war burnt all. Nobody won this war finally.

I guess now is as good a time as any to post my cover of B_Munro's Agent of Byzantium map.

For me, this was a really minor project, so I didn't make any drastic changes or add many new lore. Instead, I was mainly focused on making it look nice and adding some pixel art.

@Selvetrica and @Entrerriano , those are both fantastic! I like the religious maps, and the attention to detail you put into the political situation. I'm looking forward to the rest of the covers.
I love the pixel art!

With this reasoning the name "Prussia" should also be deleted since Germany no longer possesses it. 😏

Counterpoint: the Prussia there is a direct continuation of the Kingdom of Prussia, it just lost land. While Mecklenburg never had Pomerania and doesn't have it in the map, therefore it makes no sense for it to be in the name.

Which is to say yes, you should be buried on the beach of Elba, so that lesser cartographers cannot steal your lovely maps and so great conquerors will escape before they can exploit your painstakingly intricate mapping of the Alps.
I'm impressed.
You recognised the Bees in my icon.

Wheel of Time wip.png

A map of Wheel of Time I made to be easily editable so it could be used in AH.com Based on this map (mostly traced over in fact). Colours used are mostly based on my own reasoning for which OTL nation is most similar (some are also coloured based upon the main rival of the OTL nation whose colour is used in their main rival).

And why would they compensate Germany, let alone with Belgian land? An attempt to get the Belgians to hate the French?
In my TL, Germany successfully purchased german-speaking areas to Belgium, and Belgium still kept Waismes and Malmédy. And always in this TL, France keeps Saarlouis after 1815.

So is Charlottania a french speaking state or is it British?

It's an Anglophone state, but Quebecois French is not an uncommon first language in Quebec and a handful of other provinces. It only received legal protection in Quebec and a few of the provinces settled early. French speakers outside Quebec/OTL Midwest were assimilated into the Charlottanian culture pretty quickly, with many seeking places like South Africa (still Dutch ittl), Argentina, Appalachia, and Brazil during times when the Charlottanian xenophobia reared its head into their national politics.

View attachment 563213

I was encouraged to cross-post my map of the situation "on the ground" in January of 1819 in my TL involving a more successful May Revolution leading to a surviving United Provinces of the Rio de la Plata. This map portrays the state of the Platine War between the United Provinces and the United Kingdom of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarves, as well as the current extent of the revolutionary government born out of the Cuzco Rebellion in Perú in 1814 (which isn't snuffed out more or less immediately ITTL thanks to the timely intervention of the surviving United Provinces).
Nice

de0o2uu-6aeab2c2-eedb-4cce-820c-ea8bf82e1253.png

“Every place where you set foot shall be yours: from the wilderness and the Lebanon, from the Euphrates River to the Western Sea, shall be your territory. ”
-Deuteronomy 11:24

While the people of the Ancient world have all but vanished, the Jews still stand as a proud people with a 4 000 year history. Being subjugated by the Babylonians, Egyptians, Persians and the Romans. Though with their homeland conquered and ravaged, the Jews fought on slavery and oppression in Christian, Islamic and Pagan societies to eventually reclaim what they once lost.

---

DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter

de0o2uu-6aeab2c2-eedb-4cce-820c-ea8bf82e1253.png

“Every place where you set foot shall be yours: from the wilderness and the Lebanon, from the Euphrates River to the Western Sea, shall be your territory. ”
-Deuteronomy 11:24

While the people of the Ancient world have all but vanished, the Jews still stand as a proud people with a 4 000 year history. Being subjugated by the Babylonians, Egyptians, Persians and the Romans. Though with their homeland conquered and ravaged, the Jews fought on slavery and oppression in Christian, Islamic and Pagan societies to eventually reclaim what they once lost.

---

DeviantArt | Tumblr | Twitter
Oh dear. No offense, but it seems that image’s source would be more from anti-Israeli propaganda about a supposed Greater Israel than from the quote you give. Nothing in their about the Nile. Sure, it mentions Wilderness, but that probably counts as the Sinai peninsula.

Status
Not open for further replies.