Status
Not open for further replies.
A little proof-of-concept:

The Circuit (Province) of Gran Francisco, the authority of the Celestial Empire of California in the Bay Region. From the After the End mod for CK2.

Cali sneak.png

Last edited:
Here is a map of an alternate Europe that I made for fun, without really making a concrete scenario for it. The POD is somewhere in the High Middle Ages, and the original concept was to screw the colonial powers in Western Europe (i.e. Portugal, Spain, France and Britain). Things got a little wierd from there, most noticeably the mega-Germany. I may expand this world later on, but as of now, I don't plan on making any more detailed maps like this one.

uberdeutschesreich.png

Here is a map of an alternate Europe that I made for fun, without really making a concrete scenario for it. The POD is somewhere in the High Middle Ages, and the original concept was to screw the colonial powers in Western Europe (i.e. Portugal, Spain, France and Britain). Things got a little wierd from there, most noticeably the mega-Germany. I may expand this world later on, but as of now, I don't plan on making any more detailed maps like this one.

Uber-Germans and Uber-Germainids.

What's the state in southern Russia?

Thanks to having mono, :perservingface: I was able to finish up a map idea I've had kicking around in my head for a while now. Basically, thanks to a less united USA, featuring states that secede and re-enter whenever they damn well please, (not great for a country's stability or growth, for the record...) an alternate version of Tecumseh was able to put together a solid native resistance that kicked out the Americans from his Confederacy's lands.

History happens and *Tecumseh's confederacy has reformed into a semi-federal Tribal Republic. Rather than federating by locality, power is diffused among the different tribes. Each tribe has it's own procedure for determining who's in and who's out, but by the time the map takes place, lineage is usually what determines who's a citizen of which tribe. Whites without any native ancestry have their own "tribe" within the republic, but due to how stringent the immigration requirements are, there aren't a lot of pure white folks living in Indiana. Local affairs and other odds and ends that a tribal government can't deal with are handled by municipal governments, which makes mayors and town chiefs much more powerful than their counterparts in other countries. Most people, about 85% of the population are, at the very least, partially of Native descent[1] Each tribe maintains their own language, but the dominant language of government and business is Algonquonian, a creole/constructed language that combines Miami-Illinois, Shawnee, Sauk-Fox, Lenape, and Iroquois. There is much hand wringing amongst the oldsters about "kids these days only knowing Algonquonian and only barely being able to read their own language"[2]

Indiana would seem slightly xenophobic and paranoid to anyone from OTL. They only recently ratified the New Orleans Accords, joining the International Mississippi Commission. Given Indiana's history of defensive conflict and racism from her neighbors, much of that paranoia is justified. However, those times are a changin' and many young Indianans are more accepting of outsiders than their parents and grandparents. So who knows what the future will hold for Indiana?

[1] Up until Indiana was able to strong arm all her neighbors into understanding that squatting whites were not allowed to settle within her borders, there were quite a few whites who snuck in and set up shop anyway. Many of them have assimilated and intermarried with the Natives over the years, so most members of the White Tribe are descended from recent immigrants, mostly from Europe directly.

[2] :rolleyes:

Yes! Successful Tecumseh (and/or ATL analogue) is my jam! A very cool and very underused PoD, in my opinion. Plus, fractured US is always fun, and it's an excellent map to boot!

I don't like posting WIPs at all, but I do need some criticism on my European borders. I feel like they're a bit... meh. :p Any suggestions on how to improve, or even names of what they should be called?
LJnnUOF.png

I don't like posting WIPs at all, but I do need some criticism on my European borders. I feel like they're a bit... meh. :p Any suggestions on how to improve, or even names of what they should be called?

Is this a continuation of your Migrating Poland Scenario or something else? :eek:

Is that all one giant "Roman" Empire to the south?

(Mega-Slovakia seems a bit multi-regionally sprawly. All over the Carpathians into SE Poland and with a fat knob of a tail in SW Ukraine. )

Is that all one giant "Roman" Empire to the south?

(Mega-Slovakia seems a bit multi-regionally sprawly. All over the Carpathians into SE Poland and with a fat knob of a tail in SW Ukraine. )
Oh no, I only added the borders in Europe so far. And you're right about Slovakia, I'll change it. :)
Ohh, is it that Greek Confederation beating the Romans one?
It suuuuure is! :D Midway through making this I realized that the confederation would probably have fallen apart, but I think I could still make it work. :p

CannedTech

Banned

I don't want to spoil anything, but are those borders related to that idea I pitched about Egypt by any chance?

Nice, but having Germany swallow France while the Netherlands somehow nabs Switzerland's neutrality shield seems a bit Civ V. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.