Status
Not open for further replies.
I will concede Blackadder. Haven't watched any of the others.

I'm not one to rant and rave to people about how they Have To Watch Something, but if you do have the time spare, give Black Books a watch. It's Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey interacting in a bookshop; pretty damn good time all round.

Or don't. I ain't gonna tell you what to do.

The Chinese disappeared as well. BRICS = Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa...
BAH! How could I have forgotten. How embarrassing.

This leaves the US, UK, France and Pakistan (a few more tiny?) as the admitted Nuclear Powers.
You forgot India. And with both India and Pakistan as nuke powers, there won't be disarmament. Never mind Israel's 300 nukes.

Aha, makes sense.
3. It's Armstrong island now
WOO HOO
The American nuclear strike on Pyonyang, in retaliation for a attempted (but unsuccessful) nuclear attack on California is also widely criticized.
There you go! That's both intriguing and relatively plausible. A very appropriate and understandable reaction in the chaos after the ISOT, relatively speaking. Neat.

I've lost the train in the rest (I totally understand that multiquoting is difficult to do without UI support and occasionally messes with readability), but you've made really good points. Thanks so much for answering; it only increases my respect for the work knowing that there WAS that thought put into it!

You forgot India. And with both India and Pakistan as nuke powers, there won't be disarmament. Never mind Israel's 300 nukes.
You did it again. India is one of the BRICS.

Also I though Israel had about 20-30 nukes not 300. Although since they deny having them it's hard to know for sure.

BAH! How could I have forgotten. How embarrassing.

India is gone. India is the I in BRICS. And what I've seen is about an order of magnitude less for the number of Israel's nukes.

You did it again. India is one of the BRICS.
FINE. RUSSIA, THEN. RUSSIA WOULD NEVER GIVE THEM UP. ;)
Also I though Israel had about 20-30 nukes not 300. Although since they deny having them it's hard to know for sure.
The Pentagon report on them says up to 300, so I trust them on the matter. Incidentally, it’s illegal for the US to be giving financial aid or doing any business with Israel, since they’re an undeclared power, but you never see anyone talk about that.

FINE. RUSSIA, THEN. RUSSIA WOULD NEVER GIVE THEM UP. ;)

The Pentagon report on them says up to 300, so I trust them on the matter. Incidentally, it’s illegal for the US to be giving financial aid or doing any business with Israel, since they’re an undeclared power, but you never see anyone talk about that.
And try to cover it up.

X-Posting from the Flag Thread. Just realised I had forgot to x-post in the first place.

xOwVhnP.png

Provisional Governorate of the South Pacific and Outlying Islands

After the chaos and confusion that dominated the divided Fijian Islands for seventy odd years, the reunion and formation of the Kingdom of Fiji was a incredibly welcome change. Outcry was made to explore further beyond the island chain, and to potentially reunite with any refugee settlements that had propped themselves up during the Lost Years. Expansion was key to maintain their technological development, and to ensure that the world did not revert to tribalism.

Whilst limited exploration (there is no evidence that any landings had taken place) had occurred beforehand, the Civil War, military dictatorships and warlords meant that little was known about the reality of the radically different outside world.

Boats were sent out to Old World Tonga, Samoa, New Caledonia, Vanuatu, the Solomon Islands and several other known Pacific Islands. As expected from previous visits, there were no human settlements and the entire islands were largely "natural"; containing no evidence of any human settlement ever.

So, in accordance to
terra nullius, the Kingdom of Fiji annexed large swathes of Southern Pacific territory, to deal with their growing population, and most likely because their was no one who could stop them. The governorate was set up to supervise the expansion and the setup of colonies.

vlTEZe8.png

Until successful landings begin in Australia, Papua New Guinea, or New Zealand, the Kingdom of Fiji can rest easy believing the world is unchanged.

From the same world as this map and this story comes an animated map showing Svalbard in the year 2100 with the location of the first short story highlighted and given a small inset picture to go with. Hope you all like!

YNAoS2X.gif

Last edited:
From the same world as this map and this story comes an animated map showing Svalbard in the year 2100 with the location of the first short story highlighted and given a small inset picture to go with. Hope you all like!

rXF5GM7.gif

Same universe as the Soviet 90s or the futuristic Greenland?

Edit: Didn't see the links. Reminds me of a Pokemon map, which FYI isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.