Map Thread XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but I read somewhere that there were attempts to incorporate it, but I could be wrong.

A couple but the local population had other ideas.

Frankly it's more probable that will be divided among Yugoslavia, Greece and Italy with the rump Albania a puppet of Yugoslavia or Italy.
Still Italy is without Istria? While Dalmatia can be given up, Trieste and Istria plus the incorporation of Albania mean war and between the two nation Yugoslavia is the more a risk as at the same time need to fend off the communist

Plus the change of a surviving communist Netherland surrounded by Germany and all the other powers, well it's a little dubious and frankly the map has a little too much the vibe of otl Warsaw Pact, IMHO better get rid of ITTL East Germany or one of the Soviets like Bulgaria or Romania

The New Hollander version of James Cook: Abel Tasman.

Tasman's Voyages.png

ka9T0xS.png

Not so sure how plausible it is (well, that's not something I'm good at- I just want the map to look creative), but here is a WIP I started.
Nothing specific I can come up with ATM, but it SORT OF takes certain countries and swaps the strength of France/Scotland and England, and Germany and Sweden. Other countries that get some increases in strength are Romania, Poland, Portugal, and Greece. The Turks have lost some power, too. Nations here (that I haven't mentioned) in a bit of a... different position include Ireland, Cornwall, Serbia, Hungary, Lusatia (the little bit of the Polish vassal that sticks out), and the Papal States.

Aside from Canadawank and Prussiawank, it isn't obvious at all to me.
Stuyvesant's guess seems pretty plausible to me--in Code Geass, two major powers are the Empire of Britannia in the Americas and the Napoleon-united Europe that displaced it from its homeland.

I don't remember if I ever actually posted this, but here's an OTL info map I did awhile back showing countries (when they qualify that is) by what country they (last) became independent from;

Note that the end of military occupations do not count since the countries were still sovereign states at the time.

Countries by Country of Independence.png

Last edited:
Why is Liechtenstein a "natural state"? I'd expect its independence to stem from leaving the Confederation of the Rhine or something.

Come to think of it, Austria (re)gained its independence following WWII just like Poland, but you seem to be treating them differently. (I'd figure that, if anything, Poland would have more continuity through the Nazi era.)

Why is Liechtenstein a "natural state"? I'd expect its independence to stem from leaving the Confederation of the Rhine or something.

Liechtenstein is shown as such because its history is stupidly complicated and I could'nt really find any specific time that I was comfortable with choosing as becoming independent from anyone.

Come to think of it, Austria (re)gained its independence following WWII just like Poland, but you seem to be treating them differently. (I'd figure that, if anything, Poland would have more continuity through the Nazi era.)

Austria is a coloring mistake on my part, it should be shown as becoming independent from Germany...which I forgot to add.

Last edited:
A WIP, since everyone was posting those

I guess it's pretty obvious what it's supposed to be

What, it's wank day again and nobody told me?

(I was going to post something here, but one of my folders of maps in progress has gone missing. I hope that doesn't mean my drive is headed towards the boneyard :eek: )

Hapsburg

Banned
Somewhat rudimentary galaxy map, displaying the internal borders of the Central Galactic Union. While the layout of the Milky Way is constantly in flux, the relative rate of motion is slow enough that rough boundary lines are put into place. Founded in 3275 on National Humanist principles following a Terran victory in the Great War, the CGU is a centralized republic whose official boundaries enclose the entire Milky Way galaxy. However, a significant amount of the galaxy remains unmapped or unexplored, and much of the occupied regions are still hotbeds of discontent and resistance.
The territory of the Union is administered thusly: 35 sectors and 4 special administrative districts are autonomously-run entities whose governors--called Consuls--are appointed by the Supreme Chancellor of the advice of the First Consul and the consent of the legislature. Twelve sectors are colonial districts whose administrators are selected in the same manner, but are responsible to the Ministry of the Interior's Colonial Affairs Agency. By contrast, sector Consuls answer directly to the Chancellor and the Congress.
Twenty sectors are considered occupied territories under the process of pacification. These are administered directly by the Field Operations Department of the Ministry of State Security, and their administrators are appointed by the Supreme Chancellor on the advice of the Director of Field Operations.
The remaining eight districts are administered by military governors, appointed by the Supreme Chancellor on the advice of the Minister of War and the Chairperson of the Joint Military Staff.

The 35 sectors and the 12 colonial districts are largely managed in the same manner. The chief magistrates are empowered as plenipotentiaries to oversee all aspects of administration, justice, and security within the bounds of the law, but their decisions are circumscribed by the deliberations of local legislative assemblies. The primary difference is the persons to whom the governors are directly responsible, the amount of development aid disbursed by the government, and the size of military forces assigned to conduct the defence of the region. The State Sec-ran occupied territories are governed by paramilitary magistrates, however, who are enabled to rule by decree and are under a constant state of martial law. Military districts are governed in the same manner, but tend to come under far greater scrutiny due to their proximity to traditionally human-inhabited regions.

Together, these governing magistrates make up the College of Governors, an executive committee and advisory board who, along with the Council of Ministers, compose the full Executive Council. The Council of Ministers is chaired by the Prime Minister; the College of Governors is chaired by the First Consul. At present, both offices are held by Lord Eta Rycon. The entire Executive is chaired by the Supreme Chancellor, who is elected by the Central Galactic Congress for a term of twelve years. The present Chancellor is Maximilian Compton, who has been voted annual Dictatorial powers by the Congress since his inauguration as Chancellor in 3276. Prior to the founding of the Republic, Maximilian once reigned as the last Terran Emperor.

cgu map.png

Last edited:

Poland should be Russia-colored, since its last independence is 1918, from Russia, Austria and Germany at the same time, with its core being in Russian hands. I know people like to quote 1989 as an independence but it was technically a sovereign state in communist era, not part of USSR.

I don't remember if I ever actually posted this, but here's an OTL info map I did awhile back showing countries (when they qualify that is) by what country they (last) became independent from;

Note that the end of military occupations do not count since the countries were still sovereign states at the time.

Shouldn't Swaziland, Bhutan, Brunei and Yemen have the UK colour? Or, at least Bhutan should have an Indian colour, as the protectorate status was transferred from Britain to India following the latter's independence.

Andorra should have a colour indicating the Frankish Empire, and San Marino the Roman Empire. Romania should have the Ottoman Empire colour.

Perhaps Taiwan should have the Japan colour? :confused:

Switzerland is tricky, but perhaps a Habsburg colour? And Portugal Spain's colour?

Liberia should probably have the US colour.

Poland should be Russia-colored, since its last independence is 1918, from Russia, Austria and Germany at the same time, with its core being in Russian hands. I know people like to quote 1989 as an independence but it was technically a sovereign state in communist era, not part of USSR.

Mate, I think you're forgetting a small period of Polish history from 1939 to 1945, but I do agree that Poland didn't get it's 'independence' in 1989; it got it after being 'liberated' by the Soviets at the end of WW2. I really feel that the right colour for Poland would be German, especially seeing as none of the other Warsaw Pact states 'received their independence' from the USSR on that map.

Shouldn't Egypt and Syria's independence be from the United Arab Republic and Iraq and Jordan's from the Arab Federation?

Status
Not open for further replies.