Map Thread XII

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Baconheimer, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac Gregor Well-Known Member

A map of the Indian Front in my TL showing frontlines between the United Republic of India in the north and the nations of the British Commonwealth in the south. circa 1976. (Sorry for the lack of detail but it wouldn't let me make it any bigger)

India war map 3.png

2. Ephraim Ben Raphael Super Writer Extraordinaire

I do not see a map.

EDIT: I do now, nevermind.

3. Beedok I exist.

The world in 1958 just before the US-German nuclear exchange. Both nations about a couple thousand warheads, but the number they can actually lob across the Atlantic is obviously a much smaller amount.
    cana.png

cana.png

4. Faeelin Lord of Ten Thousand Years

Why are they launching a nuclear war?

5. Beedok I exist.

Well the Americans and Germans have been hating each other for a while, but the real trigger is the Americans putting nukes in Britain (the Germans quickly snuck nukes into the Dutch caribbean in response).

6. mdc_1957 Moved on from the forum

The Restored Roman Empire

[​IMG]

I used to be a regular AH.commer some years back but though I occasionally still look up the maps here, I long abandoned my membership here. Not that I' really left so much as moved on to DeviantArt though perhaps not making as many maps/profiles as before. Nonetheless, I thought of leaving a parting present or two to the forum. Hopefully this makes up for it.

7. FleetMac Patriotic Scalawag

Neat Byzantine concept, given their links to Egypt, et al. Is there any specific POD for this map? Also, bigger Scotland is best Scotland :D

8. EmperorSimeon Well-Known Member

It is such a beautiful map. :)

9. metastasis_d Full Battle Rattle

Curaçaoan missile crisis?
    You know your nation is real when it has "legitimate" in its name.

10. PiratePartyist Communist Basic Wager

Any chance of further maps of the Thaiwantinsuyu (Australia switched with S. America) series? I did love it, so please continue!

Any chance, theHombre, of the questions getting answered soon?

And here, any chance at a continuation? I loved that commiewank!

11. PiratePartyist Communist Basic Wager

What did you mean by "sort of", theHombre?

12. Stuyvesant Collegiate

Crossposting my MotF entry
    IsleOfMan_SheadingsAndParishes-en.png

13. Dr. Nodelescu Ukončete výstup a nástup!

Crossposting from my MotF entry. Remembering Susano, by the way.

[​IMG]

14. PiratePartyist Communist Basic Wager

A few more questions here:

How democratic or dictatorial are the different red forms of government? Especially, how good is life as a dissident of the UESR? How free are you there? What is West African and Brazilian communism like? How free? Is the USSR any freer than in OTL?

Why did the USA fall apart, and why is Utah (a state with a quasi-subculture within the USA) part of that California-wank? How are the different states of the USA governed, all democratic I bet? How racist is *Dixieland? What is the status and name of *Arixico? How did California get Baja?

Why did Germany fall apart? How democratic are the successors, is it okay to be a commie there? What about Eastern Europe?

How democratic is that vast Mittelafrika Republic, I would imagine pretty dictatorial? If yes, more your standard dictatorship à la Mobutu Sese-Seko or more Apartheid-like? I also bet that South Africa has Apartheid in place, as have it's puppets, correct?

How (un)democratic are the different Indian states? Why did India break up at all? How (un)democratic and how reformed is Imperial(?) Japan, and how developed is it?

What about Turkey? Another form of Communism, some dictatorship, outright Nazism, or what hellish ideology governs Turkey? Or is it democratic?

Is North or SOuth Chad better, or equally poor and unfree?

CP victory commiewank.png

15. B_Munro Member

I remember this one! Very cool.

Bruce

16. Alex Richards The Psephological Hulk

Do you know how frustrating it is to accidentally create a BAM of the Isle of Man doing something else, post it, and then shortly afterwards have someone create quite possibly the first large scale map of the Isle of Man in years (ever maybe!) only to use a completely different basemap.:p

On the map itself: yeah, Manx. Adopting it is not going to do anything for local support considering the last native speaker OTL died in 1974, and it was only at 1% of the population in 1921. Indeed adopting Manx is probably going to annoy the locals more than anything at this point. It's a nice clean design though.

17. B_Munro Member

Well, it is an ATL. Maybe there was a big Manx revival in the late 19th century or something. (That wouldn't be enough to butterfly the USSR, would it? :) )

Bruce

18. Faeelin Lord of Ten Thousand Years

This is awesome, but surely it should also include the City of Danzig?
    :D

19. Beedok I exist.

Nah, the crisis was over the British Missile issue. Suriname is more like Turkey in this situation (being a non-island and such).

20. Kovalenko Kova

Simple concept but very well done, the mannish was a nice touch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.