Map Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said when I posted my Germania map, I was interested in doing the Reichskommissariats too. This is the first one, Ostland. Next up is Ukraine.

It uses the exact same scale as the one of the Reich, so technically they could be put together to form one giant map :)

Did they totally destroy St. Petersburg?

As I said when I posted my Germania map, I was interested in doing the Reichskommissariats too. This is the first one, Ostland. Next up is Ukraine.
Cool
It uses the exact same scale as the one of the Reich, so technically they could be put together to form one giant map :)

I tried; it didn't work. :p

I do gotta say, I like that nothing overlaps the border in this one. Amazing maps.

Hmm... Alright. I would suggest a World War, or something like that. Similar to the Napoleonic Wars, I assume ATL-Communism is looked upon as bad.

There have already been two world wars, one in the 1870s and the other in the 1890s. The Salutariat is fairly moderate, while the Salutists in former Prussia are really mental. However, in the post war world, the old aristocratic norms are falling away and new ideologies are emerging. It would seem a bit poor to have another World War so soon.

What do you mean? Finland would be not be genocidal like the Nazis and so would probably be accepting large amounts of refugees. Unless the Nazis had destroyed the city first and given the Finns the burnt out husk.

Sounds about on par with the Nazis.

This is simply gorgeous. How do you make those maps?

d32123

Banned

Beautiful and disturbing at the same time, as always.

So, what does AH.com reckon? The only big omission on here is that the Atlantic should be somewhat wider, but I wasn't sure how to include that with the curved edges of the world map here.

So was this inspired to any degree by Dougal Dixon's After Man?

Excellent work, as always!

So, what does AH.com reckon? The only big omission on here is that the Atlantic should be somewhat wider, but I wasn't sure how to include that with the curved edges of the world map here.

I believe that the... um... Great Rift Sea is far too wide at this point. It should probably be a 5 or so pixel thick curvy crack with little cracky inlets and such, rather then being thicker then Italy. It would be a fun environment, though, with all the volcanic activity and the mixing of fresh and salt water.

A little bit back, someone posted a land-sea flip map. If that where to actually happen, and in the blink of an eye, I wonder which species would survive... Whales and things would suddenly be beached, and die, offering a bountiful source of non-sustainable food for those who do survive, unless of course they are moved over with the water. You would have to be on the beach to be able to survive if you are a land animal, although many types of birds would undoubtedly also come along. It would be pretty cool to see how this suddenly narrow pool of animals expands back into all of the niches...

6 pages, only 14 maps? Not a good ratio. (Although TurkishCapybara's animation really should count double, at least :) ).

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.