Map Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the state of Lincoln.
The Trucial States were assorted monarchies....why would they become a dominion? It would actually make more sense for it to either stay a protectorate or become fully independent. Also, I did mean to ask, would there really be enough people in that province between Ontario and Quebec for it to be, a, well, province? Likewise with South of Labrador province? And why is Ontario so divided?

Tsao

Banned
It seems that a dull summer leads to me making boring repetitive series of maps. Oh goody :eek: But yes, there's another one, sorry bout this

Fantastic backstory. I'm assuming that the state bordering Afghanistan is the Emirate of Bokhara? And how did the Koreans manage to nab Liaoning? Wouldn't China try to take it back?

The Trucial States were assorted monarchies....why would they become a dominion? It would actually make more sense for it to either stay a protectorate or become fully independent.
Close association with the commonwealth and a secular pan-arabism that runs counter to the Kingdom of Arabia's religious pan-arabism.

Also, I did mean to ask, would there really be enough people in that province between Ontario and Quebec for it to be, a, well, province?

Which one? The Ottawa one or the northern one?

Likewise with South of Labrador province?

About 90 000 OTL, has more people in this world.

And why is Ontario so divided?

Ontario and Quebec were split into smaller bits as part of the agreement that brought Newfoundland and the Maritimes into the fold in 1866.

It seems that a dull summer leads to me making boring repetitive series of maps. Oh goody :eek: But yes, there's another one, sorry bout this
As usual the "not overly plausible" disclaimer applies. It's also worth noting that this map was mostly an excuse to do a Russian Civil War map (since I thought it was a fun idea to see just how my unnecessarily large Russian Empire would fall to bits - as you can see the execution didn't quite measure up to the idea). I'm not as pleased with this map as I was with its predecessors, but after a while of poking away at it I decided to just trot it out and post it rather than keep niggling away

I like it.

If the British don't get involved soon enough, the US will likely stay out completely.

Close association with the commonwealth and a secular pan-arabism that runs counter to the Kingdom of Arabia's religious pan-arabism.

Which one? The Ottawa one or the northern one?

About 90 000 OTL, has more people in this world.

Ontario and Quebec were split into smaller bits as part of the agreement that brought Newfoundland and the Maritimes into the fold in 1866.
But Ontario and Quebec were much smaller, anyways. That doesn't make sense, unless there's even more backstory.

Northern one. I understand the Ottawa Capital Territory thing.

Secular pan-Arabism doesn't change the part that they were kingdoms. What suddenly makes them stop being so and giving that role to the Queen? And why are they secular? What makes them so? Britain didn't run them, it was a protectorate, so very limited influence, anyways.

Tsao

Banned
Last, but not least, 1971! 100+ years since the POD!

Nice map. Some questions: What's up with the weird administrative divisions in the *USSR (Eastern Europe, Mongolia and East Turkestan merged, etc.)? How did Tibet manage to push so deep into Muslim territory, and what's its relationship with India? What's going on in Angola and the Congo (Brazilian color)? And what's the situation in Southern Persia?

Also, what is China doing in Indonesia? Its situation would mean more military ventures within its own territory and likely funding insurgency in Tibet and Xinjiang.

But Ontario and Quebec were much smaller, anyways. That doesn't make sense, unless there's even more backstory.
What do you mean 'they were much smaller'? They had like 3 times the population of any Maritime province at the time I'm pretty sure.

Northern one. I understand the Ottawa Capital Territory thing.
It has plenty of people. I mean it has Val D'or and Timmins and several other cities. OTL it has over 350 000 people, way more than PEI.

Secular pan-Arabism doesn't change the part that they were kingdoms. What suddenly makes them stop being so and giving that role to the Queen? And why are they secular? What makes them so? Britain didn't run them, it was a protectorate, so very limited influence, anyways.

It's secular because the British quietly backed the secular thinkers to keep their protectorates from turning to the Saudis. And they still have their various individual monarchs, the British Monarch merely is given a prime role overall, like the Holy Roman Emperor or something.

Nice map. Some questions: What's up with the weird administrative divisions in the *USSR (Eastern Europe, Mongolia and East Turkestan merged, etc.)?

The *USSR here wanted to break Russian dominance by making regions that were more diverse. Mongolia and East Turkestan were conquered a bit later and got something of a common outlook while fighting the Soviets and as part of their surrender they were given a joined autonomy (also wanting to make the Han population in East Turkestan less of an issue.

How did Tibet manage to push so deep into Muslim territory, and what's its relationship with India?

I'm not so sure what you mean about being in Muslim Territory, most of what they got is ethnically primarely Tibetan. They get military protection from India against China, so are dependent on India, but India doesn't interfere much.

What's going on in Angola and the Congo (Brazilian color)?

Brazil was asked to help by Portuguese settlers (Portugal having fallen to the Spanish communists so being no good to help), and they wound up fighting with some of the Congos in border clashes.

And what's the situation in Southern Persia?

It didn't join the Communist uprising, but isn't really able to survive on its own. India is in it to try to secure oil.

I'm guessing the US is pretty well bilingual at this point. :cool:
No. Very much no. *Fascists don't much support multiculturalism (except for those Chinese refugees who were forced to flee the communists, because they're loyal).

I hope Canada/SuperUS relations are good. Is that Canadian-French (Not the other way around :p) Guiana, but still no Saint Pierre and Miquelon?
D'oh on the Saint Pierre front. :eek:

Canada-US relations are terrible.

No. Very much no. *Fascists don't much support multiculturalism (except for those Chinese refugees who were forced to flee the communists, because they're loyal).

D'oh on the Saint Pierre front. :eek:

Canada-US relations are terrible.

Well that's all unfortunate.

That's what happens when you split up Texas.

Interesting how Uber-Canada happens in a Charlie Foxtrot world. I sure wouldn't want to be anywhere but Canada iTTL...

Nah, France is decent. Australia is a little conservative but New Zealand is nice. Spain is more like Sweden than the USSR, though has some issues. The UK isn't too bad. The USSR is much nicer than OTL, though, yeah, still not good. Oh, and Japan is decent, if a bit militant. Canada is the nicest though. :D

Wait, is that an independent Estonia?

Yep. Finlandized worse than Finland ever was OTL, but as they weren't conquered by the Nazis "liberating" them was not an option for the Soviets.

Tsao

Banned
I'm not so sure what you mean about being in Muslim Territory, most of what they got is ethnically primarely Tibetan. They get military protection from India against China, so are dependent on India, but India doesn't interfere much.

Eurgh, I'm thinking of the OTL Mas' territory. So the Tibetans took advantage of TTL's Chinese Civil War to make good on their claims?

Brazil was asked to help by Portuguese settlers (Portugal having fallen to the Spanish communists so being no good to help), and they wound up fighting with some of the Congos in border clashes.

Brazil seems a lot more expansionist and interventionist ITTL... what's the POD?

Eurgh, I'm thinking of the OTL Mas' territory. So the Tibetans took advantage of TTL's Chinese Civil War to make good on their claims?

More the Allies took advantage of Tibet's claims to punish the Chinese for being Axis.

Brazil seems a lot more expansionist and interventionist ITTL... what's the POD?

Well the POD is during the American civil war, but Brazil goes fascist and helps the US keep South America (minus the Canadian, Dutch and Argentina parts) under thumb.

New thread: best post a map!

Unfortunately, all I have that's new is an ASB one: so, cross-posting from the ASB scenario thread...

Bruce

AesirOnTheLoose.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.