Map Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with both, I think that Egypt is going to keep the status quo, with the Ottomans not possessing the power to both take Egypt and reclaim the Caucasus.

And yeah, the Pacific is off-limits to the Germans.

There's no way Egypt will keep the status quo in any scenario. It was nominal suzerainty of the Turks, who have just been in a war against the British, who have an easily defensible border in Sinai and naval superiority in the Eastern Mediterranean. Egypt will probably become an all-out British protectorate, much like it did in OTL's 20s.

There's no way Egypt will keep the status quo in any scenario. It was nominal suzerainty of the Turks, who have just been in a war against the British, who have an easily defensible border in Sinai and naval superiority in the Eastern Mediterranean. Egypt will probably become an all-out British protectorate, much like it did in OTL's 20s.
I agree here.

But the Arab Revolt didn't work until 1917 and in this scenario the war ends around 1915/16, yes?
Why would Germany let the British just take over the Ottoman Empire?

I made an attempt myself.

gargleblargle.png
That's nice one too. Which ever map I use, I will be sure to give credit.

I agree here.

But the Arab Revolt didn't work until 1917 and in this scenario the war ends around 1915/16, yes?
Why would Germany let the British just take over the Ottoman Empire?

I did say it depended on when the war ends, so if the scenario is 1915 and 1916, then the Ottomans will probably survive. And it isn't about the Germans letting the British do anything, it's about the British doing it and the Germans being unable to stop them. Not to sound Britwanky, but isn't it also widely accepted that the HSF couldn't defeat the RN in any theatre? So the British could prevent Germany from continuing the war and come out of it with all their territory in tact? So if Britain occupies the entirety of the Ottoman Empire before the war ends, it's unlikely they'll just up and leave because Germany says so.

In saying that, the British might not dismantle the Ottoman Empire in this event anyway.

The world with two additional countries, the Duchy of Tivarfell, and the Republic of Salamis. Salamis is a puppet of the main country, and Tivarfell is the mortal enemy of the main country.

World Topographic.png

World Topographic.png

Anyone interested in commissioning a roughly blank map for a Nations Game. It would require the following

1. Country Borders
2. The Worlds most populated coastlines, and inland, more so in the first world, colored an off grey.
3. An area of the map marked off for the location of R'lyh, home of Cthulu.

I did say it depended on when the war ends, so if the scenario is 1915 and 1916, then the Ottomans will probably survive. And it isn't about the Germans letting the British do anything, it's about the British doing it and the Germans being unable to stop them. Not to sound Britwanky, but isn't it also widely accepted that the HSF couldn't defeat the RN in any theatre? So the British could prevent Germany from continuing the war and come out of it with all their territory in tact? So if Britain occupies the entirety of the Ottoman Empire before the war ends, it's unlikely they'll just up and leave because Germany says so.

In saying that, the British might not dismantle the Ottoman Empire in this event anyway.

The Turks can't beat the British outright, but they can make them bleed badly: IIRC, the Brits didn't take Palestine proper till 1917 OTL. Of course, they have a lot more resources to thrown at the Turks if there's no Western Front, but I'd support the notion that the Turks get away with relatively minor losses if the war ends no later than 1916. And the Brits can't do anything to stop the Germans from helping the Turks, either, unless they take the straits - hmm. With no other good options on hand, how likely is it that the Brits and Russians throw a hell of a lot more resources into *Gallipoli and actually take Constantinople? Of course, they still lose - invading Austria by way of the Balkans seems logistically kind of a loser.

Bruce

Anyone interested in commissioning a roughly blank map for a Nations Game. It would require the following

1. Country Borders
2. The Worlds most populated coastlines, and inland, more so in the first world, colored an off grey.

So this would be a fantasy map with made-up land masses?

To all of those who answered my CP Victory post so promptly I say thank you so much. Though, we now must admit that it's own thread would be acceptable, if not moving this discussion to post 1900, which I will hopefully get to tonight.

Here are a couple topics I will start with in said thread. As of now they are a stream of consciencenous, so there is no order and not much thought put into them. Also explains why they are just phrases at this point, too, lol.
PoD Battle of the Marne Questions
-Ottoman annexations
-Austrian Venice
-Austrian Balkans
-Russian efforts alone
-American isolationism, what degree
-before France falls
-Lenin's impact
-German Dahomey, Morocco, Central Africa, Indochina
-Katanga
-German Pacific colonies
-USAH/future of AH

So once again I say thank you!

This map has been drawing itself in my mind for several days.

I'm not saying the other maps on this thread are bad by any means, lol, but this one stands out amongst the newer maps. Everything about it makes it a great map. You made the background really faint with lightly colored countries or land surrounding it (which I feel is very fitting for this map); the color; the probable history (such as surviving New Netherlands/just plain multicultural); most likely a very civilized way of respecting the Native cultures/societies; not to mention its name is ASB! Love it!

1. Country Borders

Damn, EBR beat me to it. I would have been so down to do that for my old Shared World buddies, but I got here too late. :( Maybe I will pop my head in later.

Do you want the countries on the map to reflect the results of Cthulhu's having been awake or should it be an alternate world where he just arrived?
Reflecting the Results of Cthulu's awakening, with much of the coastlines under the control of the deep ones, and his influence heavier in North America, West Africa, and Western Europe, as well as Japan......Basically, the Third World is actually in better shape then the Industrialized World.

Not to sound like a douche, but I said at least twice that I agreed that it depended on when the war ended...\

Edit: Not to mention that the very original post implied no less than a realistic Central Powers victory with no specified POD or end of war time. I'm assuming much of the war went as OTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.