Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do you people hate Argentina :eek:

And, furthermore, why is it always only Argentine Patagonia that gets taken over by some foreign power? Are the Chileans magically more capable of resisting encroachment on lands they barely hold :rolleyes:

It's a common error that people think the long mountain range on the eastern border of Chile is like the Himalayas and the Alps- stopping a completely modern (Post-Victorian Age) invasion.

This makes people think Chile is the Switzerland of the Americas...

Last edited:

Why do you people hate Argentina :eek:

And, furthermore, why is it always only Argentine Patagonia that gets taken over by some foreign power? Are the Chileans magically more capable of resisting encroachment on lands they barely hold :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel any better in the Brazil TL I'll end up doing, while Argentina does lose Misiones, Corrientes, Entre Ríos and a tiny but f Buenos Aires it ends up with more territory in the Santa Cruz and more of Tierra del Fuego.

Not to mention it becomes a Great Power.

Teaser map from a story I've got in the works.

Earth Map.PNG

It's as inevitable as the Swiss (or Kazakh) border... :D

Naturaly :D. BTW, i like some fo the nice suprises you have given us, like British California, British Patogonia, British Venezuela, British Florida, Uber Qing China, Even French Louisiana is a nice supirse (Althugh of course should be British :D).

It's a common error that people think the long mountain range on the eastern border of Chile is like the Himalayas and the Alps- stopping a completely modern (Post-Victorian Age) invasion.

This makes people think Chile is the Switzerland of the Americas...

Well it is still quite hard to cross, which is why nearly all invasions go by sea. There are sound reasons why Britain would prefer to take Argentine Patagonia (near to falklands base, has sheep farmining options and raw resources they're interested in rather than the fjord and islands of the Chilean side).

Not sure why other powers like Argentine Patagonia though ;).

Well it is still quite hard to cross, which is why nearly all invasions go by sea. There are sound reasons why Britain would prefer to take Argentine Patagonia (near to falklands base, has sheep farmining options and raw resources they're interested in rather than the fjord and islands of the Chilean side).

Not sure why other powers like Argentine Patagonia though ;).
You ever been? It's got a stark but attractive beauty.:p

This is my first experiment in creating (edited) orthographic projections maps.

The America's, centered on North America, emphasizing Canada, from my Venice Reborn TL.

VB North America Orthographic Projection.png

Here's a 1943 map from my "Never Setting Sun" timeline. Yes, I know people hate these huge maps, but it's the best version I have right now so apologies in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.