Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
This alternate history map shows the Holy Persian Empire, one of the many successor states of the Mongolian Empire. Temudjin, better known as Chinggis Khan, converts to the Nestorian branch of Christianity during his time with the Kereit tribe, founding a Christian-Mongolian dynasty.
The main thrust in the west goes more to the Holy Land with side shows in Europe; under Ögedei Khan and Paolos Hülagü Khan the Sultanates in the Middle East are crushed and Christianity is restored. Great Khan Yohannis Möngke, and later Great Khan Petros Qurutai of North China, confirm the rule of Paolos Hülegü Khan over the Holy Land.
Over the time the Great Empire breaks up, but its most powerful successors, the Holy Persian Empire, the Delhian Empire and the Chinese Yuan Empire (both with a strong Christian influence) have still a large influence.

How are the Europeans dealing with Christian Mongols?

Are there any places with a significant number of Muslims?

I'd keep the light-gray puppet colour, as France is little more than a formality.

The Congo, however, ought to be either German controlled or British protected. One or the other.

Ukraine is iffy, as the Soviets are clearly not beaten, just subdued for the time. Keeping it a puppet lets them focus on turning the German eastern border into the most heavily defended strip of land on the planet, and the Crimea becoming a German colony, complete with plantations(of a kind) and enough heavy weapons to crush a small country.

The Former Belgian Congo is German controlled, what do you mean

I think keeping Crimeria a colony/puppet is the best, maybe incorporate Lithuania into the Reich, but keep Estonia and Lativia puppets I think

How are the Europeans dealing with Christian Mongols?

Are there any places with a significant number of Muslims?

The Persian Emperor-Khan has a special status as Protector of Jerusalem. A peaceful but powerful expedition/visit to Rome lead to a treaty with the Holy See, which made the Catholic and Eastern branches of Christianity equal.

Basically a reverted policy towards the Muslims. After the Mongols razed the Holy cities if Islam, they raised a poll tax for Muslims which became higher and higher and then forced conversion in the end.
After the Spaniards crushed the Muslim states in the 1320 (with Mongolian support) Muslims are still living in Africa and some places in Asia. Generally it has become a minor religion, which is under constant pressure from the increasing Christian influence.

Basically God gives Tesla a free pass on some of his inventions...

GeopunkWorld4.PNG

That's a pretty small state in western Illinois/Wisconsin - is there a population centre there I'm unaware of?

That would be Illinoisa. Because there was no Gold Rush in this world allowing people to move west, the government finally had to start paying people to move west. A lot of people settled on the west banks of the Illinoisa river. Eventually they seceded from Wabash due to many cultural differences.

Strangely enough, designing that state was the funnest part in making the map.

Why does West Virginia exist, when the only reason it does is a specific set of circumstances during the OTL Civil War?

Why does West Virginia exist, when the only reason it does is a specific set of circumstances during the OTL Civil War?

Well, I didn't want West Virginia to not be independent because Virginia was looking too big otherwise, so I put it in and allowed the Civil War to happen as usual, though I know that the South probably would not try to secede under the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.