Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, the new final product

Untitled.png

Nietzsche

Banned
Alright, the new final product
Some suggestions:

Crimea should be German. Not a puppet, part of the Reich. That was one of the biggest war-aims.

Go ahead and give northern France back to Vichy. Perhaps an outline, and no border between south/north, to imply that legally it is controlled & owned by France, but in reality, a German runway.

The Baltic should also be German. There's no way Hitler would accept anything but annexation for the Baltic. It's a stretch to have him negotiate on Ukraine, but the Baltic? No. Not when there's, you know, a good deal of Germans there.

Some suggestions:

Crimea should be German. Not a puppet, part of the Reich. That was one of the biggest war-aims.

Go ahead and give northern France back to Vichy. Perhaps an outline, and no border between south/north, to imply that legally it is controlled & owned by France, but in reality, a German runway.

The Baltic should also be German. There's no way Hitler would accept anything but annexation for the Baltic. It's a stretch to have him negotiate on Ukraine, but the Baltic? No. Not when there's, you know, a good deal of Germans there.

I didn't want to make Germany too big, hence I didn't include the Baltics and Ukraine in the Reich itself, also, this map is more meant for a NG I will do in the future, so I want to include as many playable nations as possible too.

but yeah, should put Crimeria and Baltics in the Reich. and I keep meaning to do France, but forget (what color outline btw?)

Well that's a little bit rude.

I don't mean to offend, miss. But it is a fact. Worlda maps all look so similar they just blend into each other. You should decide to focus on one specific topic, get an area-specific map, fill in with a large number of details, then post that. It takes longer, but the payoff is worth it. And even if you don't put in any effects like Sapiento or Blomma it'll still be better than the worlda map by default.

I don't mean to offend, miss. But it is a fact. Worlda maps all look so similar they just blend into each other. You should decide to focus on one specific topic, get an area-specific map, fill in with a large number of details, then post that. It takes longer, but the payoff is worth it. And even if you don't put in any effects like Sapiento or Blomma it'll still be better than the worlda map by default.

while my goal was to make a entire world.

Well my point was to create a map of the world for a Axis Victory, and I think I did that succsessfully.

This is true. The ideas in the map are sound (for the most part). All I'm saying is you should avoid using that particular basemap in the future. It's a personal preference, that's all.

Not everyone is able to make brilliant maps.

I'm not saying that. I sure as hell can't produce the quality Nugax or Martin can. And I don't expect everyone else to be able to either. But maps encompassing the whole world, especially that basemap, are common. Too common. Something that focuses in on a specific region for a specific topic are better, 99 times out of one hundred.

rtaker

Banned
B_Munro's maps are nothing special, but do have a unique style.

It is his scenarios which are excellent. Worlda basemaps are good for clearly displaying information and outlining scenarios, and can in some cases look pretty. But really, they're only there for ease of use, and to clearly convey information.

Nietzsche

Banned
I didn't want to make Germany too big, hence I didn't include the Baltics and Ukraine in the Reich itself, also, this map is more meant for a NG I will do in the future, so I want to include as many playable nations as possible too.

but yeah, should put Crimeria and Baltics in the Reich. and I keep meaning to do France, but forget (what color outline btw?)
I'd keep the light-gray puppet colour, as France is little more than a formality.

The Congo, however, ought to be either German controlled or British protected. One or the other.

Ukraine is iffy, as the Soviets are clearly not beaten, just subdued for the time. Keeping it a puppet lets them focus on turning the German eastern border into the most heavily defended strip of land on the planet, and the Crimea becoming a German colony, complete with plantations(of a kind) and enough heavy weapons to crush a small country.

Status
Not open for further replies.