Map Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander

Banned
And you spelled 'copyright' wrong. :p

Fixed.

AFAIK, Slovakia is called Slovensko in their own language, so that may be intentional.

That's what I was going after - didn't realize at the time the similarities there. :D

What I am curious about is why the Slovenia/Slovakia controls Moravia - wasn't it a predominantly Czech/German populated region?

Tcechy was basically a break away region of Slovenia, so Moravia was able to be grabbed up Slovenia.

Another thing - how come Galicia became split between Poland and Russia so quickly after the dissolution of Austria-Hungary?

'Cause I wasn't really sure what to do with it? :confused:;)

Tcechy(sp?)! It's not Czechia! Bonus points!

You know me and my names. :p

Random map. Dublin is the most powerful state, followed by London and Glassgow.

Empire of the Britons.png

"...I have a strong admiration and regard for the valiant Russian people and for my wartime comrade, Marshal Stalin. There is deep sympathy and goodwill in Britain -- and I doubt not here also -- toward the peoples of all the Russias and a resolve to persevere through many differences and rebuffs in establishing lasting friendships.
It is my duty, however, to place before you certain facts about the present position in Europe.
From Murmansk in the Arctic to Lisbon in the Atlantic, an iron curtain has descended across the Continent..."

On a completely unrelated note, I've noticed that there's a correlation between the length of my beard and how nice people are to me.

Iron Curtain.PNG

"...I have a strong admiration and regard for the valiant Russian people and for my wartime comrade, Marshal Stalin. There is deep sympathy and goodwill in Britain -- and I doubt not here also -- toward the peoples of all the Russias and a resolve to persevere through many differences and rebuffs in establishing lasting friendships.
It is my duty, however, to place before you certain facts about the present position in Europe.
From Murmansk in the Arctic to Lisbon in the Atlantic, an iron curtain has descended across the Continent..."

On a completely unrelated note, I've noticed that there's a correlation between the length of my beard and how nice people are to me.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::D

And here's the map.

Bruce

Interesting

Turkey is ruled by pieces of transparent cloth?! :eek: :D

Apart from that typo, excellent and original map.

Seconded

Its not finished as yet, but I like how its going so far.

very nice

Here's another map I just finished! And this time I'm satisfied with it. :)

Pretty

"...I have a strong admiration and regard for the valiant Russian people

Super-Russia :eek:

So, what happened here?

note: The green in Africa is Deutsche-MittelAfrika.

Nice of the Germans to give the Belgians some African lands.

Susano

Banned
The only way that would make sense is if it were a post-nuclear-apocalyptic world.

Not to mention that apparently Paris is the new Berlin. I mean, were used to Uber-Cornwall *makes a check on the cliche list*, but Uber-Britanny? What will the Plastic Celts wank that? I mean, really, Britanny stretching to Pairs, thats almost a self-parody!

Thande

Donor

I suppose it could be 1601 years "after the nuclear holocaust".

Because there's no way in OTL 1601 you would get huge nations named after places which may be cities now, but were villages with three men and a dead dog in 1601. And nations aren't usually named after capitals anyway.

Susano

Banned
Feudal America

The nations an dsubentities are a bit big for feudal relations... I mean, thats the entire point behind feudalism, that in territories of bad ifnrastructrue the surpeme monarch cannot rule by himself everyhwere, and hence hasto have vasalls to relay his orders (at least, theoretcially), who in turn will also have vasalls, etc. Which means, if such large subentities can form, why do they still need feudalism? ;)

Creative map style, though!

i was wondering if someone could make a simple map for me, where canada is highlighted along alaska, and the US states that are "touching" the canadian boarder, including oregon.... thankyou....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.