Map Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone call for a map?

The latest Europe map from my timeline The Song of Roland.

Europe_960(Complete).png

Susano

Banned
Here's my first map ever on this site, it is from my upcoming timeline "Gesta Gazariorum" (Deeds of the Khazars). The POD is in 882, the year the map shows is 900 AD. I didn't bother with any of the effects or fancy fonts, I just felt like posting it. Feel free to speculate. And go easy on me.

EDIT: fixed the labels on Benevento and Salerno.

Oh, nice! I like it.

I see. The outlining indicates that state x is a vassal of country y. Its more a stylistic thing.
I award you the Order of Excellence for Susanoist Mapping Style ;)

Susano

Banned
Its a bit more complex.

UCS goes for de facto/de juro control, and has the outline be de juro and teh colouring be de facto.

What is called Susanoist here, and what is the standard for every goddamn historical atlas out there:rolleyes:;) divdie dbetween souvereignity/direct control and suzeranity/overlordship - that can overlap with de facto and de juro, and very often does, but doesnt need to. In which case the souvereign power uis coloured, and the suzerain power is outlined.

Its a bit more complex.

UCS goes for de facto/de juro control, and has the outline be de juro and teh colouring be de facto.

What is called Susanoist here, and what is the standard for every goddamn historical atlas out there:rolleyes:;) divdie dbetween souvereignity/direct control and suzeranity/overlordship - that can overlap with de facto and de juro, and very often does, but doesnt need to. In which case the souvereign power uis coloured, and the suzerain power is outlined.

Well, so long as one explains which one is which on a given map, that should be ok...

Personally, I think the UCS version makes more sense... :p

Thande

Donor
I have seen the Susanoist version in some historical atlases, but those historical atlases which I actually own (e.g. the DK one which I originally used as the basis for the first version of the OTL maps) use something closer to the UCS, in which outlining means 'claimed de jure but not controlled de facto'.

Hot dang, that's a nice map.

Speculation: the Khazar Khagnate will play a central role in the timeline. ;)

How could you have guessed that???? :eek:

Just kidding. Yup, the Khazars are one of the main focuses, but it will be a global timeline (not Euro-centric).

Here's my first map ever on this site, it is from my upcoming timeline "Gesta Gazariorum" (Deeds of the Khazars). The POD is in 882, the year the map shows is 900 AD. I didn't bother with any of the effects or fancy fonts, I just felt like posting it. Feel free to speculate. And go easy on me.

EDIT: fixed the labels on Benevento and Salerno.

What's the PoD? :confused:

Something to do with the Kabar Rebellion? :confused:

The POD is that the Rus' (Varangians) fail to take Kiev in 882. Then there's some butterflies that result because of that, the major ones start happening in the 890s.

Cool... :)

Now I must see that timeline... :cool::cool::cool:

Be warned, if I like the timeline, I'm probably going to bombard you with requests for more maps... As Thande well knows... ;):p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.