Land of cotton, old times there are not forgotten : Redux

"A riot broke out today in Mexico City. The riot started when a protest over the numbers of Confederate citizens being allowed in the country during a time of recession. Jose Valentín the leader of the protest said ' We need to keep these lowly Confederates out of Mexico. They are mostly uneducated Blacks who do nothing but drive down wages of hard working Mexicans and run up government expenses by using our hospitals, schools and emergency services. They should get back to the Confederacy where they belong.' There has been a protest at the Academy of San Carlos over the 'Overtly racist remarks of Mr. Valentín. ' More on this story at 10 PM" said the sultry voice of Alexandria Martinez.

He's the Mexican Donald Trump? You, sir, are a boss.

He's the Mexican Donald Trump? You, sir, are a boss.

TBH, I wasn't thinking that but it would definitely fit Donald Trump. Although with Trump I think it is more him being a publicity hound more than anything else. In my opinion if he thought he would get more attention by being pro-immigration he would be saying "Viva La Mexico"!

My idea was more a highly bigoted local rallying people who are worried about losing their jobs to Confederates. I pictured him as someone who is making barely above the minimum wage worried about Black people coming in from the Confederacy to take his job. I figure with the racist laws of the CSA a disproportionate if not a majority of the emigrants would be Black. There would be more than a few Poor Whites as well but they would stick out less. In short I pictured him closer as a Mexican "Archie Bunker" than "Donald Trump".

Last edited:
Also, I noticed the bit about it being the "last offensive war" of the Confederates. Do I sense Mexican and Northern wars of aggression?

Also, I noticed the bit about it being the "last offensive war" of the Confederates. Do I sense Mexican and Northern wars of aggression?

I wasn't planning on it but it may happen. I haven't gotten that far yet. What I was thinking is that they may fight in the alt WWII on the side of the US as its economy will be largely under US control by then.

Unlikely, the US might just strangle them to death economically rather then putting boots on the ground.
I know, but that would be boring. I'd love for Mexico and the US (especially Mexico) to carve off little pieces of the CSA once in a while and show them just how powerless they are. This is the first time I see the CSA being Mexico's bitch and not viceversa, and I think I'm getting addicted to it.

I know, but that would be boring. I'd love for Mexico and the US (especially Mexico) to carve off little pieces of the CSA once in a while and show them just how powerless they are. This is the first time I see the CSA being Mexico's bitch and not viceversa, and I think I'm getting addicted to it.

I hate to disappoint you but the CSA is slated to becoming a virtual US colony and the US isn't going to let Mexico carve out pieces of its colony.

Spengler

Banned
So might we see Mexicans in the 21st century scared of possible confederate drug cartels sending over heroin and ranting that their part off a American plot to conquer mexico?

The French led Union of Latin States is conducting talks today with the US led Coalition of Free States on arms control and the mutual opening up of trade relations between the Union and the Coalition. Hopefully this will greatly reduce tensions between the two blocs.
ZXYW NY Radio Broadcast Jan 3, 1977

Alliances in the 1870s US relations with Great Britain started out poorly but due to the fact that the French didn't abandon Maximillian until 1872 and Franco-CSA became fairly close under Napoleon III US-British relations began to thaw under President Hooker.

War between France and Prussia broke out in 1875 over increasing French influence in Austrian affairs. The spark was an Anti-French riot in Berlin that spiraled out of control. The French demanded an apology and didn't get one. Learning lessons from the Franco-Mexican War France was able to drive deep into Germany. It got as far as Hanover before Prussia sued for peace.

The French took Alsace-Loraine, everything west of Cologne and Oldenburg. The British government worried about the balance of power in Europe offered an alliance to Prussia, which quickly accepted. It then formed an alliance with Sweden, Denmark and Russia which was then named the Coalition of Northern Countries or the Coalition for short.

Seeing an alliance against them the French formed what was called the Alliance of Rome, which was named that for diplomatic reasons, which consisted of France, Spain, Italy, Austria and the Ottoman Empire.
European governments outside the two main blocs were fearful of getting squashed between the two sides. Whenever possible they tried to prevent a war breaking out. In this they were successful for quite a while. The CSA leaned towards the Alliance but was to worried about provoking the US to join.

Alliances in Europe in the mid to late 19th century Jacob Greer Laurence Books New York 1928

Aw yeah, the war's over with a clear Mexican victory! I'd love to see a map of North America after the war.

I suck at maps, if you want to make it that would be good. The CSA has its original states minus TN which is US, Virginia lost West Virginia and Virginia north of the Rappahannock which went to Maryland, the Florida Keys which is a US territory under the jurisdiction of the US Navy and Texas south of the Nuances and a few small to mid sized islands off the Southern Texas coast to Mexico.

The Republic of China celebrated its 100th birthday today. It is an interesting coincidence that the Chinese Republic's centennial takes place the same year as the US bicentennial. The US government completed a large statue of Mao Sen Li as a Birthday gift to the Chinese people while the Chinese gave two somewhat smaller statues of the two Lincolns. One of Abe Lincoln reading the Emancipation Proclamation to his cabinet and one of Robert Todd Lincoln signing the repeal of the European Immigration Act

ZSHL Boston TV newscast Apr 18th, 1976 broadcast

In 1876 a republican revolution broke out in China. A Chinese revolutionary named Mao Sen Li lead the revolt. The revolutionaries were able to play the more conservative elements in Chinese society ,who didn't take them seriously enough until too late, against each other and prevailed in 1880. The US was the first Western country to recognize the Chinese Republic in 1880 which helped cause warm relations between the US and China. President Meade declared "The US will always support Republican forms of government wherever they may be.". This may have helped the Farm and Union prevail against the Republicans in the next election as they objected to the aligning themselves with "Little Yellow Men". Others say it was almost inevitable after 16 straight years of Republican rule. In either case China remains the closest ally of the US in Asia.

In 1894 Spain sold Puerto Rico to France for 600 million francs payable over 10 years, worried that with US military bases in Cuba the US might eventually do in Puerto Rico what it did in Cuba. French covert backing of several independence movements in Southeast Asia to the tune of tens of millions of francs over the years(planning to backstab them and take over later. Although that was suspected by the natives they were willing to take French backing and deal with the French later if they tried anything.) in the 1870's-1880's resulted in the relations with Great Britain to turn icy cold when the news broke in 1893. This strengthened both the Alliance and the Coalition. The US was worried about French bases being so close to US ones. The US figured it could handle Spain without too much difficulty but France was another matter.

Alliances in Europe in the mid to late 19th century Jacob Greer Laurence Books New York 1928

Last edited: