Kakora or alternate automobiles

Japanese call it カーコ(kakora), which can be translated as car collage. Basically take an existing car and make a non-existent version of it. For example a Nissan Altima Wagon, a Rolls Royce MPV or a six door Trabant limousine.

Here I'm posting some of these alternate cars but giving them an historic background. Usually all kakora cars I found in the internet were simply alternate versions without any backgound.

OTL: As I never found any Hino kakora model I decided to make two. Hino started making automobiles during the 1950's under Renault license. Later in 1961 Hino launched its first own model, the Hino Contessa 900, with Renault mechanics and Giovanni Michellotti design.

New models were later launched until Toyota took over Hino Motors and stopped its car making. Today Hino is one of the biggest truck manufacturers in the world making Toyota group's heavy duty trucks.

ATL: In 1966 Hino added to its Contessa 1300 line up (sedan launched in 1964 and coupe launched in 1965) a rear engined fastback. It should compete with the other only japanese production fastback, the Mitsubishi Colt 800F (launched in 1965). The Hino Contessa 1300 Fastback was made by shortening Contessa's sedan wheelbase and giving it a 3,88 meters long two box design again under Michellotti's pen. Despite not being a truly commercial success it became somehow revolutionary for local automotive production. Production ended in 1970 after some thousands were made. Today it's a desirable collectible item.

Behold the car I'm talking about. Sorry for the image full of imperfections.
Hino Contessa 1300 Fastback.png

Hino Contessa 1300 Fastback.png

ATL: Following the launch of local luxury cars such as the Mitsubishi Debonair (1964), the Nissan President (1965) or the Toyota Century (1967) Hino Motors launched in 1969 its own large luxury car: the Hino Contessa 3000.

It was once again a Michellotti styled car somehow similar to its smaller brothers (Contessa 1300). Among all japanese luxury cars of this time the Contessa 3000 was rather distinctive. Instead front engined as all its direct competitors it was equipped by a 3 litre V8 rear engine and had rear suicide doors. It was 4,77 meters long being larger than Mitsubishi Debonair but smaller the Toyota Century or Nissan President.

Was never a commercial success having production stopped in 1975 after less than one thousand units produced. Once again today it's rare and a success on local classic cars meetings.

Hino Contessa 3000.jpg

Hino Contessa 3000.jpg

This time another fictional car: the Nissan Y34 series wagon, based on last Nissan Cedric (10th generation) and its twins Nissan Gloria (11th generation) and Infiniti M series (2nd generation).

NissanY34Wagon.jpg

NissanY34Wagon.jpg

After over a year of absence from this thread finally another alternate car.
This time is the wagon version of the 14th generation of the Toyota Crown, launched in Japan on the 25th december 2012 just as sedan form.
May I present you the Toyota Crown Wagon. Sorry for the bad quality image, it was made by a pre-historic program.

Toyota Crown Wagon-2013.jpg

Toyota Crown Wagon-2013.jpg