Independence Day: Offically Alternate History

The audiobook for this film released early in Europe. I can reveal all kinds of spoilers. I will simply say for now that there will not only be the invading aliens in this film from the first one and the reason they came in the first place was to acquire fuel for their ships. Having read ID4: Silent Zone this is strange because it shows the aliens eating instead deep into the mantle. If anyone wants to know more PM me.

Seems likely an awfully inefficient way to fuel ships, exterminating lifeforms on the surface... besides, the official novelization of the movie made pretty clear they were coming for resources and taking the planet as their own.

Is it safe to say not nearly as many people died in the War of 2016 as did in 1996?

To be fair, I haven't seen the movie, just the trailers. But considering it involved ripping Asian and Middle Eastern cities off the surface, dropping them on Europe, dropping a massive ship on the planet AND causing tidal waves around the Atlantic, I would be stunned if the death toll wasn't at least a billion.

Of course, the movie also claims the War of `96 caused three billion deaths, which I find impossible to believe.

To be fair, I haven't seen the movie, just the trailers. But considering it involved ripping Asian and Middle Eastern cities off the surface, dropping them on Europe, dropping a massive ship on the planet AND causing tidal waves around the Atlantic, I would be stunned if the death toll wasn't at least a billion.

Of course, the movie also claims the War of `96 caused three billion deaths, which I find impossible to believe.
You are forgeting about massive firmstorms spreading from the cities and tidal waves.

Yes, pretty much almost all Europe, and Asia have lost a great amount of their populations; perhaps Africa and América are in better conditiosn

If the humans were smart this time, they would've simply stolen an alien fighter during their surprise attack on the mothership and detonated nukes again through this method.

If the humans were smart this time, they would've simply stolen an alien fighter during their surprise attack on the mothership and detonated nukes again through this method.
Why use an alien space fighter when you have your own?

Also, they do pretty much try flying a nuke into the mothership in the movie using their own hybrid fighters, hybrid bombers, and super-nukes, and let's just say it doesn't work as planned.

I mean for one, I enjoyed it, and we will have a sequel, seeing how much money it has so far made. I estimate that the number of deaths were about one billion in 96 and about 750 million in 16.

The ship is half the size of the Earth. WHY DRILL? Why not just go boom and take the core?

Okay I understand it now, ever heard of the methane clathrate gun? If not then it is a theory that with the ice caps melting, literal millions of megatons of methane are trapped under the caps, and if released, would heat the atmosphere so much that the planet would become more like Venus in span of a couple of hours. The alien plan was to
drill to the core and it would act a lot like a geyser, and would suck the entire core of the planet out, along with evaporating our oceans and making the planet much like Mercury is.

I just saw Independence Day 2 today. I liked it:)

I mean for one, I enjoyed it, and we will have a sequel, seeing how much money it has so far made. I estimate that the number of deaths were about one billion in 96 and about 750 million in 16.
I thought it was OK, I can live with a bad plot as long as the special effects and action are there (it's what I expect from a Roland Emmerich movie). The pacing of the movie, on the other hand, was just awful, and absolutely has to be fixed in a sequel (I hope there is one- I want to see the new tech and the fight getting taken to the alien planets for once :cool:). I mean almost a quarter (or what felt like a quarter) of the movie was drawn-out exposition that could have been replaced with a single 2 minute monologue at the start of the movie like was done in Pacific Rim, Iron Man, or Terminator 2.

I thought it was OK, I can live with a bad plot as long as the special effects and action are there (it's what I expect from a Roland Emmerich movie). The pacing of the movie, on the other hand, was just awful, and absolutely has to be fixed in a sequel (I hope there is one- I want to see the new tech and the fight getting taken to the alien planets for once :cool:). I mean almost a quarter (or what felt like a quarter) of the movie was drawn-out exposition that could have been replaced with a single 2 minute monologue at the start of the movie like was done in Pacific Rim, Iron Man, or Terminator 2.

IDR could stand a good fan edit.

Maybe it's just me but didn't Judd Hirches character sound different than he did in the first one ?

I'm curious but not curious enough to actually spend the money...

How did Julius survive the arrival of the Harvester? I assume he did, since he seems to show up at Area 51...

And how exactly was the president killed off this time around?