If you wait you may become King of Sweden

Map of Europe 1815

Eur 1815.png

OK, I'll bite. Why does *Canada only have PART of Baffin Island? I would suspect that either the entire High Arctic is claimed or none, but certainly I can't see only partial islands being claimed

Well, the map is of 1850. That probably has something to do with it.
That, and it isn't *claimed* territory, it is territory for which there is some level of governance over (note some level). Britain claims the islands, but they don't actually control them, as such. Yet.

That, and it isn't *claimed* territory, it is territory for which there is some level of governance over (note some level). Britain claims the islands, but they don't actually control them, as such. Yet.

Ah, sort of the ATL equivalent of a Mountie post with say 3 Mounties to police thousands of km^2. OK, understood.

Ah, sort of the ATL equivalent of a Mountie post with say 3 Mounties to police thousands of km^2. OK, understood.
Actually, that bit would probably be OTL:D. This TL goes parallelish to OTL (as in, there is a Soviet Union, despite a POD in the early 19th century), and the base maps are OTL world maps, so it would have been marked so before arctic warrior began changing things.

Actually, that bit would probably be OTL:D. This TL goes parallelish to OTL (as in, there is a Soviet Union, despite a POD in the early 19th century), and the base maps are OTL world maps, so it would have been marked so before arctic warrior began changing things.

Quite - these are the world maps of the "All the OTL maps of 500 CE to 2007" thread edited by me to reflect the changes of the TL. Very few in the Americas, definately none in Canada.