Idiocracy World Brainstorming

i just got done watching the movie Idiocracy. overall, i liked it. basically, it was about an average joe who was frozen for 500 years and ends up in the future where the America is full of Idiots and Trash is everywhere. But this led me to wonder more about the world, which leads me to create this, which you guys may help with if you want:

• The movie only shows us what America is like, and from what was seen on American Flags, there appear to be only 11 stars on the american flag rather than 50. This may indicate that something happened which resulted in States seceding or something like that.
  • It is never made clear in the movie weather this "Idiocracy" is Worldwide or is only in the USA. the fact that the main character is described as the "smartest man in the world" indicates that this is worldwide. but the fact that we only see america and the fact that the people speaking might be too stupid to even know that there is a world beyond America or even the places where they live may indicate that the idiocracy phenomenon is exclusive to either just the USA or even North America, Possibly even the Western World.
  • It is mentioned that there is an ongoing Second Dustbowl at the time that the main character arrives in the future, which may be a reason for the states seceding. however, the most likely reason for the States seceding was the Business known as Brawndo or something like that. over time, Brawndo began to replace water businesses with its product (sort of like gatorade) until it even replaced water itself (except for, apparently, in Toilets) with Brawndo even having its own water towers and drinking fountains, to the point that it replaced the normal diet for an average person. Again, we do not know weather or not this is worldwide or simply in America, that is up for speculation.

Last edited:
fic(idio.gif

25 Stars and 11 Stripes. The stars are Carl's Jr. stars.

So it's not quite as dire, as half of the United States seems to be intact. I'm not sure if the 11 stripes means that two of the founding colonies have left the Union, or it was just redesigned by people who didn't understand or care about the significance of 13 stripes. That might explain the stars, if they were simply made larger to satisfy the Carl's Jr. sponsorship.

Red Orm

Banned
i just got done watching the movie Idiocracy. overall, i liked it. basically, it was about an average joe who was frozen for 500 years and ends up in the future where the America is full of Idiots and Trash is everywhere. But this led me to wonder more about the world, which leads me to create this, which you guys may help with if you want:
  • Faundo

*Brawndo*

Anyway, since all the action seems to happen around Washington DC, I think it's safe to assume that if there are 25 states, they are all in the east, closer to DC. As to the 11 stripes, probably Georgia and SC broke off or (and I think this is an interesting possibility) Massachusetts absorbed Connecticut and RI.

The movie only shows us what America is like, and from what was seen on American Flags, there appear to be only 11 stars on the american flag rather than 50. This may indicate that something happened which resulted in States seceding or something like that.

Everyone in the movie is dumb as Shit, they probably forgot what it meant and redesigned it cause no one could count that much and it looked, to paraphrase the film, 'tarded as shit.

Everyone in the movie is dumb as Shit, they probably forgot what it meant and redesigned it cause no one could count that much and it looked, to paraphrase the film, 'tarded as shit.

True. They are so stupid that just can wonder how they even manage to live. But this is of course just parody.

True. They are so stupid that just can wonder how they even manage to live. But this is of course just parody.

I think the explanation in the film is that people realized they were growing dumber and dumber over the generations, so they made pretty much everything as automated as it could be to take care of the future generations. Which probably had the added bonus of making people even more dumber since they didn't have to learn how to do anything to survive.

A true Idiocracy would probably be overseen by robotic overlords.