I can't help myself...

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by Emperor Qianlong, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Emperor Qianlong Sinneslöschung AG

... but only wonder what DAv is doing in the Wiki. He seems to have created numerous articles which make little sense to me, for example articles of single years, articles with a lot of empty links, and some stuff that seems to be from a timeline of his own. Why? :confused:

2. DAv Middle Class... sorry

You mean on my British Imperialism TL? I'm setting them aside so I can add stuff later on.

3. Emperor Qianlong Sinneslöschung AG

Yeah, I'm just wondering. No offense, but it seems to me that you're adding a lot of rather unnecessary articles into the Wiki. At least I get the impression. I mean, there seem to be more articles now about your TL than on OTL... :confused:

Anyways, never mind. If everyone else say this is alright, I don't want to have said anything... ;):p

4. DAv Middle Class... sorry

We have articles on OTL now? I just wanted to tidy it up a bit and make it more presentable.

5. Jasen777 Martyr Without a Cause

The only place he has gone wrong is with some of his page names. I'll take care of it later.

6. Herr Frage Jesus Christ Is In Heaven

Behind a black gate and to the left of a grove
    Technically all our wikis are pointless, but we love them anyway. And since what business does OTL material have on an AH wiki anyway. The point of a wiki is to provide faux encyclpoedic nformation on the subject, a small wiki is a poor wiki.

7. Thande Toujours Phrais

Yeah, the only problem is that DAv isn't labelling them "British Imperialism TL Culture" instead of just "Culture" because that then fills a generic space that should be available for a Max Sinister style page. There needs to be a different page for, e.g. the Britain in each timeline, so they all need to be labelled "Look to the West Great Britain" or "Decades of Darkness Great Britain" or whatever.

8. Emperor Qianlong Sinneslöschung AG

Well, my only problem with DAv's pages are basically what Thande said, namely that he didn't explicitly label them as articles about his TL.

About OTL articles being pointless, I'd say I disagree. I personally enjoy the (often highly satirical content) of these articles very much! :D:cool:

9. Thande Toujours Phrais

Ditto. Especially when people write about their own region's stereotypes and stuff, you can learn a lot.

10. Nekromans Mernber

Speaking as a Leicestrian, I'd like to know more about my own region's stereotypes. Are we considered important enough to be distinguished from everywhere else? Or are we consigned to "Midlander"?

11. Thande Toujours Phrais

Unfortunately I think most people just think of cheese and Gary Lineker. Although your fellow Midlanders from nearby might have some local things to say.

One of my favourite examples of this comes from a book about the North of England by Stuart Maconie - he cites two towns in Cumbria, Workington and Whitehaven. The inhabitants of both call each other "jam-eaters", and no-one knows why.

12. Jasen777 Martyr Without a Cause

How about my Texas article?

13. Thande Toujours Phrais

Good work on re-doing DAv's labels, Jasen.

14. Emperor Qianlong Sinneslöschung AG

Excellent job there, Jasen777. I like it, especially having visited Texas myself and recognizing some of that stuff! :)

15. Jasen777 Martyr Without a Cause

Thanks. Did you look at it after a put the map up (and made a few other changes)?

16. Emperor Qianlong Sinneslöschung AG

Map?

...*checks*...

Good one! :D:cool:

17. DAv Middle Class... sorry

Thanks a lot for the links chappy! Anything I can add into the TL as a way of saying thanks?

18. Jasen777 Martyr Without a Cause

That's not necessary, just keep plugging away.

19. Codae Well-Known Member

03771 is doing the same thing, apparently...