Hammer's, Sickle's, and Mushroom Clouds. the Story of the Reverse Cold War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Miss Whatsittoya!
please, please continue! Your TL was alright, and is, and will be. Don't let yourself be alienated by the mod intervention! It is not due to plausibility, and not due to any other concern; you did just put it into the wrong forum!
You will not get scrutinized and your TL will not be torn apart by anybody, at least not by me!

It is off to a good start! PLEAE CONTINUE! A Reverse Cold War! Finally once again! Read this while you are still online! I will PM it to you, too!

Yours
PiratePartyist

Dear Miss Whatsittoya!
please, please continue! Your TL was alright, and is, and will be. Don't let yourself be alienated by the mod intervention! It is not due to plausibility, and not due to any other concern; you did just put it into the wrong forum!
You will not get scrutinized and your TL will not be torn apart by anybody, at least not by me!

It is off to a good start! PLEAE CONTINUE! A Reverse Cold War! Finally once again! Read this while you are still online! I will PM it to you, too!

Yours
PiratePartyist

You think it is off to a good start? part of me wanted to go into more detail about WWI and such, but since the pie of the timeline is the Cold War, the rest of it is like the crust, so I made just a general recap over the main things about World War I, through World War II will be into a little more detail obviously, as it's a ATL version of it.

You could go in a bit more detail about the Terrible Twenties, and how the Communists managed to increase in popularity so sharply between 1920 and 1933.

You think it is off to a good start? part of me wanted to go into more detail about WWI and such, but since the pie of the timeline is the Cold War, the rest of it is like the crust, so I made just a general recap over the main things about World War I, through World War II will be into a little more detail obviously, as it's a ATL version of it.

It is off to a good start! Yeah! I want to see the 20s, WWII, and most of all the Cold War!

You could go in a bit more detail about the Terrible Twenties, and how the Communists managed to increase in popularity so sharply between 1920 and 1933.

I was planning on splitting the Terrible Twenties into three chapters (The Peace, 1920-1925, and 1925-1929) followed by the Rise of Radicalism (1929-1936) then close to WW2 I would move on to there.

I was planning on splitting the Terrible Twenties into three chapters (The Peace, 1920-1925, and 1925-1929) followed by the Rise of Radicalism (1929-1936) then close to WW2 I would move on to there.

Thanks, the Conferance of Versallies to map the peace up for World War I will be up next.

Yes! Do it! And the AH.com community is usually only encouraging, not just criticising. Some posters tend to the latter, but most of us are really, really encouraging you to go on!

The format is also excellent: No walls of text that are almost unreadable, and it is Rooseveltian (i.e. a format resembling Jay Roosevelt's). Texts are always lightened up with a map or a small picture

Excellent! Lots of love and ideas!

And if you need any advice on Germany, I can help you, too. Just PM me.

"Some Say that Peace is Never Easy, but this Peace, is hard to swallow for the men we have beaten on the battlefield"
Kaiser Wilhelm II, after the signing of the Treaty of Versallies

Chapter 2: Cont
The Uneasiest of Peaces

images

The Signing of the Treaty of Versallies

While the war had ended, there still needed to be a Peace signed, over 35 delegates, from nations in both the Triple Entenate, the Central Powers, and neutral observers, would meet in the French Royal Palace in Marsallies, after 5 years of war in the Trenches, the horrors of the Battlefield, Machine Guns, Nerve and Mustard Gas, the stench of dead bodies in the Trenches, most people were just ready for peace, however, this peace would be unlike every other peace before it, it would be a peace, that would unintentionaly, sow the seeds of a new conflict.

The Central Powers win brought about the diffuclt question of what would happen to the powers of the Entenate, each member of the Central Powers had it's own goals in the peace process. through discussions would take place over the course of several months, finaly cultimating in September 1920, when the final peace, albeit however humilating for the Entenate, was hammered out. in general, a few terms were agreed upon, which included

Generallly Agreed Term
-German Colonies under Occupation (Togoland, Kamerun, Sudwestafrika, German New Guinea) were to be returned to German control

Germany's goals were a bit more radical then her other allies, which included the other humilation of her long time foe France, Germany's aims followed the "Septemberprogramm" a plan drawn up in September 1914 about German war goals, which including the following

1. <LI sizcache06024167292920577="39 107 13" sizset="false">France shall cede some northern territory, including steel producing Briey and a coastal strip running from Dunkirk to Boulogne-sur-Mer<LI sizcache06024167292920577="39 107 13" sizset="false">to Belgium or Germany. <LI sizcache06024167292920577="39 107 13" sizset="false">Reperations of 10 billion Reichsmarks for France, with further payments to cover veterans' funds and to pay off all Germany's existing national debt, should prevent rearmament. The French economy would be dependent on Germany and all trade with the British Empire will cease. France will partially disarm by demolishing its northern forts. <LI sizcache06024167292920577="39 107 19" sizset="false">Belgium shall become a "vassal state" of Germany, which should cede eastern parts, and the Belgian Congo to Germany and give Germany military and naval bases. <LI sizcache06024167292920577="39 107 20" sizset="false">Luxembourg should become a member state of the German Empire. <LI sizcache06024167292920577="39 107 21" sizset="false">Creation of a Mitteleuropa economic association dominated by Germany but ostensibly egalitarian. Members would include newly-created buffer states carved out of the Russian Empire's west such as Poland, which would remain under German sovereignty "for all time".<LI sizcache06024167292920577="39 107 21" sizset="false">French Lorraine shall fall under German adminstration, until such a time that a referundum will be held about it returning to France or joining Germany.
  2. France shall assume war guilt for causing the Great War
Germany's terms agaist France were arguably, very harsh. and would end up causing future resentment agaist Berlin, which would lead to some nasty things.

German terms agaist the British were much less harsh. as Germany arguably hadn't defeated Britain, it defeated France and Russia, Britain was forced to cede Kenya and Uganda to Germany, which were attached to German East Africa. through more or less, the British came out of the Great War the same they did as when they came in, they also wern't forced to pay large reperations, just a indeminity of 1 million Reichsmarks. for damaged property in Germany's colonies.

Austro-Hungarian terms were much diffrent then that of her allies. they included the following.

1. Serbia shall become a vassal state of the Austro-Hungarian Empire
  2. Romania shall became a vassal state of the Austro-Hungarian Empire
  3. Romania shall cede several border areas to Austria-Hungary
  4. Montenegro shall be annexed into the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
  5. Venetia shall be occupied for a period of 20 years at the most, when then it will hold a referundum about rejoining Italy, joining Austria, or independence
  6. Italy shall pay reperations to Austria, and Germany, for violating the Triple Alliance
Terms had already been forced upon Russia in 1917, the Treaty of Brest-Litosvk, through the Ottoman Empire would created a sphere of influence in the Caucauses, along with annexing the rest of Armenia. and re-annexing Cyprus and Kuwait from the British.

Bulgarian terms, the fourth member of the Central Powers. would then follow. and they included the following.

1. The Annexation of both Serbian Macedonia and Greek Macedonia into Bulgaria
  2. The Annexation of disputed territory from Romania
  3. A Bulgarian friendly regime, is to be set up in Albania.
And thus, the Central Powers imposed her terms upon the Entenate. Britain came out of the talks fairly unscathed. she lost a few colonies, but most of her Empire remained intact, through British national pride was slightly wounded. she still remained a power. Russia had been in internal chaos for the last few years, having pulled out of the war early, and thus, they really had no choice, while France, came out of the war humilated, her national pride had been wounded, and once again, the French had lost to the Germans, revenge sentiment would seem into the French culture. as accusations of being stabbed in the back by the traitors in Paris fell into the minds of French men and women alike. through, the peace was signed, the Uneasiest of Peaces, the Central Powers had won, and Germany had hegemony over the continet, but for how long..?

Next Time:
The Terrible Twenties

British ASB vs. German ASB

Germany building vast quantities of tanks in the latter part of the war, and not one person steps forward to dispute the feasibility.

Funny how when I presented such an idea from a British perspective and bent, it was immediately trounced on as "ASB" by the resident Germanophiles ...

Oh but of course as long as it works to the Germans advantage, anything is allowed, no matter how ASB-ish it is.

... a good story, but ASB ....

Germany building vast quantities of tanks in the latter part of the war, and not one person steps forward to dispute the feasibility.

Funny how when I presented such an idea from a British perspective and bent, it was immediately trounced on as "ASB" by the resident Germanophiles ...

Oh but of course as long as it works to the Germans advantage, anything is allowed, no matter how ASB-ish it is.

Hey, don't pick on Abby, she's writing a good story.

d32123

Banned

The idea that this forum is anti-British is absurd.

iddt3

Donor

Cite sources if you want to call ASB, because it is a factual question of whether Germany had the Industrial Power to produce tanks in quantity and what they'd have to sacrifice building instead.

Cite sources if you want to call ASB, because it is a factual question of whether Germany had the Industrial Power to produce tanks in quantity and what they'd have to sacrifice building instead.

I figured Germany had the industrial capacity by far to undergo such a endavour as building the so called "Panzerkorps" I created ITTL, but what they would have to sacrifice for such a project is determinable. possibly a degression in aircraft tech, or something along that lines.

What? :confused:

I was saying that this forum is decidedly not Anglophobic.

It isn't Anglophobic, but it is also intensely Germanophilic. The result is that the philes clash.

Anyway, keep up the TL.

The thing about the massed tank warfare stuff is that Alfred von Manstein (a fictional general, it appears) is making ideas in an age when tanks moved mostly at a walking pace, and Germany's historical tank design was the A7V: a pretty poor vehicle even by WWI standards. A Blitzkrieg is pretty difficult to achieve when your vehicle moves at about 8 mph tops (this is for the lightest, fastest tanks), communicates by flag signals and has an extremely high chance of breaking down. Germany could improve on its historical tank design record, and with one of Europe's best automative industries I'm sure it could do better than OTL in producing them, but I doubt tanks alone would do the trick. Especially as they're very expensive in WWI, so production has to be taken out of something else. (Artillery, shells, rifles, U-Boats...) Which will be neccessary for a decisive victory over the Entente, rather than a peace of exhaustion.

Still, I understand that it's a means to an end of a reverse cold war, and it's as good a way as any of bringing about an Entente defeat in WWI (there are many others), so on the whole keep going!

The thing about the massed tank warfare stuff is that Alfred von Manstein (a fictional general, it appears) is making ideas in an age when tanks moved mostly at a walking pace, and Germany's historical tank design was the A7V: a pretty poor vehicle even by WWI standards. A Blitzkrieg is pretty difficult to achieve when your vehicle moves at about 8 mph tops (this is for the lightest, fastest tanks), communicates by flag signals and has an extremely high chance of breaking down. Germany could improve on its historical tank design record, and with one of Europe's best automative industries I'm sure it could do better than OTL in producing them, but I doubt tanks alone would do the trick. Especially as they're very expensive in WWI, so production has to be taken out of something else. (Artillery, shells, rifles, U-Boats...) Which will be neccessary for a decisive victory over the Entente, rather than a peace of exhaustion.

Still, I understand that it's a means to an end of a reverse cold war, and it's as good a way as any of bringing about an Entente defeat in WWI (there are many others), so on the whole keep going!

Yes, Manstein is a fictional General. and yes, I am aware the German tanks in WWI were pieces of shit, tanks in general also., I basically was going with Germany taking Manstein's (no relation to the RL Manstien obviously) idea seriously and looking into the improvment of it's tanks, putting it's money into basically, perfecting the Tank to the point where it isen't a slow albeit fancy armored car, a way to break the stalemate of Trench Warfare in the Western Front. said tanks wouldn't be 1940's Panzer Level obviously. but maybe a late 1930's style tank, Way better of course. good enough tank to be able to carry out a Blitzkrieg, not that far of a stretch with the capibilaty of German industry.. but as you said, it's as good a way as any to bring about a Entente defeat in WWI. and the bringing about of the end means of the Reverse Cold War.

EDIT: Through, I was also thinking this was a way to allow Germany to be bitten in the ass come WW2, much like France was in WW2 In OTL

Nazi France should be interesting to see. Looking forward to seeing what comes next. I really want to see the Cold War.

Status
Not open for further replies.