Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I read (somewhere) that many state flags were hastily slapped together for the World's Fair simply because they required a display of one flag for each state, and some didn't have anything to provide. Don't quote me on that though.
Yeah, I came across that when I was researching some of the state flags. A lot of the southern states earliest flags date back to the Civil War, but otherwise most of them were hastily thrown together for the 1894 World's Fair. Two obvious exceptions are the flags of Texas and California which were both adopted when they broke away from Mexican rule.

The United Realms of Bresj:

e_brejs.png

The elements are: (Clockwise from top right)
County of Vlaanderen
Republic of Doeblind
Princedom of Kemri
Duchy of Noormendie
and the Duchy of Brejs [The cross ermine]

Last edited:
United Flanders, Ireland, Wales, and Brittany, with what looks like dutch as lingua franca. Why is dutch so dominant instead of say, french? Does your timeline's Flanders include all of the low countries and calais?

Both flags look fantastic. The Ermine does a fantastic job of unifying the disparate parts.

United Flanders, Ireland, Wales, and Brittany, with what looks like dutch as lingua franca. Why is dutch so dominant instead of say, french? Does your timeline's Flanders include all of the low countries and calais?

Both flags look fantastic. The Ermine does a fantastic job of unifying the disparate parts.

Dutch is the Lingua franca simply because the van Sluis Dynasty was so insistent on Dutchification. And Flanders consists of only the historical Counties of Flanders, Artois, and Calais. This btw is a map of Bresj:

Bresj1.png

Oh, republic of Doeblin is just Dublin and environs. What's happening to the rest of the emerald isle?

Your map doesn't show control over any of Wales. And I think you've edited your previous post to say Kemri instead of Vales or something. What's going on there?

Oh, republic of Doeblin is just Dublin and environs. What's happening to the rest of the emerald isle?

Your map doesn't show control over any of Wales. And I think you've edited your previous post to say Kemri instead of Vales or something. What's going on there?
What I posted is the Kingdom of Bresj, the Empire is:

Bresj2.5.png

The Wales respelling was just my adjustment of Dutchifying the native name instead of the English name.

What I posted is the Kingdom of Bresj, the Empire is:

View attachment 281945

The Wales respelling was just my adjustment of Dutchifying the native name instead of the English name.

Makes sense.

I checked out your user profile to see if this was part of a timeline, and figured out it's actually from a CK2 campaign. That's the one paradox game I haven't really figured out yet. I can keep track of a million troops in EU4, VIC2, or HOI4, but I can't keep track of a couple dozen people in CK2. How do you keep all of your vassals happy? Especially considering the different culture penalty and the sea in between.

Here is the flag of the Danish West Indies after the islands of St. Croix, St. Jan, and St. Thomas became a self-governing component of the Kingdom of Denmark in the year 2000. From my TL.

Danish West Indies 2.png

A flag made for me by KingWilhlamII on deviantart for a new map I'm working on, based on @Ian the Admin 's old alternate timeline of the Draka series. This is the flag of the Domination of Draka after independence from the British Empire. The coat of arms is Sir Francis Drake's, modified with an orange band to represent the Orange River and a dragon, the self-styled symbol of the Draka, above.

draka_flag_by_kingwillhamii-dac02rn.png

I think the historic fleur-de-lis would be more appropriate for Bosnia.

Unless it's a future Austria-Hungary reunion of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.